Thread: Sound effects

Default Sound effects

I'm just wondering if you guys could let me know how you can add new sound effects (for example gun effects) for archers shooting.

I'm hoping you have already done this for some gun powder units?

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Without knowing to much about sounds, I'd say the descr_sounds_units_fire is your file.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I currently have problems in that area, too. I'll let you know when I get it to work.

I've changed all code that i know is related to sound effects and also removed the events.dat file all with no difference, the new effects just don't want to work. Do they have to be repacked? If so is there a repacker?

Hmm I usually don't have to put them back into the archive.

What mod are you doing this for, btw?

no mod, just an individual unit

Were you able to get it working at all?

Well I at least got new interface sound to work so I know you don't need to put them back into the archive

Well let me know if you get sound effects working. I'm a model maker and skinner, not much of a coder yet.

I decided to release the royal marine unit anyway without sounds but if you ever feel like messing about with assault rifle sound effects then feel free