Thread: Faction leader traits

Default Faction leader traits

well, I have started every campaign (except the one turn recruitment), and there are no traits for the faction leader of Rome and Macedon. I can imagine the Roman leader isn't supposed to have one at all because of the whole dictator, dictator perpetuus and imperator caesar system (my faction leader got the dictatorship trait and now has the former dictator trait), but the leader of macedon should have a king or basileus trait.

Default Re: Faction leader traits

The Romans have the "consul" trait for the faction leader and the heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    The Romans have the "consul" trait for the faction leader and the heir.
    No. The consul trait is given within RSII cursus honorum trait line, everybodycan aquire it. At the beginning of the Roman campaign, another character than the leader is consul, and now he has the former consul trait, and another character is consul.
    And what about Macedon?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    No. The consul trait is given within RSII cursus honorum trait line, everybodycan aquire it. At the beginning of the Roman campaign, another character than the leader is consul, and now he has the former consul trait, and another character is consul.
    And what about Macedon?
    What i think he means is that when u hover over the leader and successor they display Proconsul and Consul. The engine is really limited, personally i totally ignore my leader and heir until after the 2nd rebellion, they are just regular FM to me. Otherwise it doesn't make sense at all, since it was an office given for the term of 12 months, not a whole lifespan The leader and heir having special traits...'proconsul of the Roman peoples' would be ..weird ;p

Oh, yeah I know, but I am talking about the trait. Every faction has a faction leader trait except for macedon and Rome. As I already said, I can understand this for the Republican Rome, after the rise of the empire the leader gets the Imperator Caesar trait, but what about macedon?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; October 08, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Oh, yeah I know, but I am talking about the trait. Every faction has a faction leader trait except for macedon and Rome. As I already said, I can understand this for the Republican Rome, after the rise of the empire the leader gets the Imperator Caesar trait, but what about macedon?
    I'm not sure really, but Philip definitely does not need the command stars 'If' it is somehow forgotten im sure it will be added over time or maybe as soon as the next patch.

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

I didn't played macedon yet so I will take your word that it doesn't has those kinds of traits, I think that the team didn't fully researched the leadership system of macedon like they did for parthia, rome, cimbri, etc...
    So they will probably make it on the next patch

I have a different kind of problem.
    My Macedonian King is winning battle after battle, and is light on the taxes at home. Yet he gets the 'hated by the people' trait.
    That's bizzare...
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

And what about Macedon?
    Rome had two consuls each year - your faction leader and another character are consuls.

Civis

Actually anybody can become consul if they meet the reqs. Got two right now and neither of them are even in my faction leaders family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dull_Gladius View Post
    Actually anybody can become consul if they meet the reqs. Got two right now and neither of them are even in my faction leaders family.
    Right, for those who still didn't get it, read here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387910
    Here tone explains how thecursus honorum traits are given.

Quote Originally Posted by Dull_Gladius View Post
    I was referring to the very beginning of the Roman campaign. Obv, after that it's a free-for-all, but at the start, there are two consuls in place, and one's your faction leader.

I checked, they get traits.

The faction heir gets "princeps electus" (sp?) trait which gives some influence bonus.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't see that you were talking about the faction leader.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    I was referring to the very beginning of the Roman campaign. Obv, after that it's a free-for-all, but at the start, there are two consuls in place, and one's your faction leader.
    Gnaeus Servilius Geminus and Gaius Flaminius Nepos are Consul and Proconsul at the beginning. Nepos is suppose to get killed and the republic will be in disarray, appointing Fabius Maximus dictator, he also happens to be the faction leader, but it's up to you to try and make him consul and eventually censor