Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BattleAxe Help Desk

Icon7 BattleAxe Help Desk

Please post herein any issues you may have encountered with BattlAxe.

1. [Download] I downloaded the BattleAxe file but cannot open it.
    If your file is missing the .exe extension, add it yourself so that it reads BattleAxe.exe
    Your icon will change and allow you to open it and install the game.

2. [Menu] I was browsing the menu (icons) and suddenly the game crashed (CTD).
    Excessive inter-campaign menu browsing and faction icon clicking may cause a CTD. (This is a known issue with all mods)
    Just restart BattleAxe and browse the menu again to make a game choice.

3. [Campaign] Attacking Georgia (AI faction) causes a CTD.
    Please download the attached hotfix below and place the two files in the battleaxe\data\text folder.
    (Hotfix not required for BattleAxe.exe downloads after Dec 1, 2010)

If you are experiencing trouble:
    1. Please check with any other mods that you have installed that they have not affected your original M2TW files.
    2. Please ensure that any of your own modifications to the game do not interfere with the performance of M2TW.
    3. Please ensure that you are using a legitimate copy of Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms, no torrents, no cracks, etc.
    4. Please ensure that you are using Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms updated to v1.05 and at least one Kingdoms campaign is installed.
    5. Please check with the Medieval II: Total War Technical Help (link) forum.
    6. You may have to reinstall BattleAxe or M2TW: Total War Kingdoms as a last resource.

Last edited by brandybarrel; December 14, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Default Re: BattleAxe Help Desk

I started a 12th Century grand campaign (Norse) to try the mod, but I noticed that after 60 turns the date had changed to 1256 AD (or around that). That doesn't ad up with the start date 1140 on 2tpy.

Very interesting to have no diplomacy and predictable borders. It makes progress very systematic and cuts out the micro-managment.
    Very well made.

Hi William

The counting is correct and is the same for M2TW.
    A game turn of 60 is not a completed game turn and should be considered as 59 since the game starts at turn 1 (not turn 0). 59 x 2 = 118 + 1140 = 1258.

Thank you for your comments.

Sorry, I thought 1 turn was 1/2 a year since there is a winter turn and then a summer turn.
    So 1140 + (1/2 x 60) = 1170

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Would it be possible to get a download link w/out an installer, maybe a zipped file w/ the data. I'm having a problem running the exe. I placed the .exe at the end to look like battleaxe.exe and it wont run.

Thanks,

Vegas_Bear

Hi Vegas_Bear

Please try BattleAxe.exe and see if it runs. Otherwise, I am afraid you'll have to download the BattleAxe.exe file again. There are no plans to make a zipped data download available.

Regards,
    Last edited by brandybarrel; October 24, 2010 at 09:04 AM.

For me it worked exactly right after adding .exe

Here is the error I am getting. I do have legal copies of M2TW and Kingdoms. They are properly installed to the default folder - C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. Attached is the error that pops up when trying to run the exe.
    Last edited by Vegas_Bear; August 21, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Hi Vegas_Bear

Did you try my suggestions three posts up? Make sure that your download reads BattleAxe.exe (not battleaxe.exe). Let me know if that helps. Also, are you using Vista, Windows 7?

Regards,

edit: Make sure your Kingdoms v1.5 has at least one of the four Kingdoms Campaigns installed.
    Last edited by brandybarrel; October 24, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Running WindowsXP SP3, have all four Kingdoms campaign installed, along w/ other mods, and yes I tried BattleAxe.exe and still no joy. Don't know what the problem is on my side, but looks like a good MOD. Wish I could try it. Congrats on its release.

Vegas_Bear

Hi Vegas_Bear

I'm on XP SP3 myself. Your next best bet would be to download the file and try again.

Good luck.

I think the issue is that the setup program cannot find your MTW or the right version. The download is ok (I think).

I have downloaded the exe several times. I think William the Silent is correct and it cannot find the correct path, this is why I was wondering if you could release the mod files in a zip folder. Thanks for your help ref my problem and will wait for another release.

Thanks,

Vegas_Bear

Since you installed other mods the MTW filenames might have changed. Or there might be doubles. You can try to install a clean MTW II next to the modded one.

But you might already have enough of that now
    Last edited by William the Silent; October 26, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Hello i have played battleaxe a lot but could not open iut today.
    I saw splash screen and then ctded. this is my system log
    18:38:33.316 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:38:33.317 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:38:33.323 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:38:33.324 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:38:33.326 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:38:33.327 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:38:33.329 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:38:33.329 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:38:41.055 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Hi Makrell

Thanks for playing BattleAxe hotseat campaigns.

I am afraid I don’t have an explanation as to why BattleAxe does not get past the splash screen if it has done so before.

Possible workarounds:
    1. Restarting your PC
    2. Launching the game from the Start menu, the desktop icon, or from the medieval2_battleaxe.bat file found in mods\battleaxe
    3. Reinstalling BattleAxe (don’t forget to keep your save games found in battleaxe\saves)
    If you do find a solution please let me know.

Regards,

@Makrell
    If you were able to play it without problems earlier then you might have done something(modding) in it. I suggest a reinstall of it. Also you can set the .cfg file of this mod to trace so that one gets a detailed info on it as the log you submitted is not helpful.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @Makrell
    If you were able to play it without problems earlier then you might have done something(modding) in it. I suggest a reinstall of it. Also you can set the .cfg file of this mod to trace so that one gets a detailed info on it as the log you submitted is not helpful.
    I see, ill try that

Hi, it's been a long time someone posted in this topic, but it exists for a purpose and the mod is still "alive" so I'm going to use it.

I have a non-English version of Medieval 2 (and the installer detected it), but here I have the same problem I have with the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod: some factions have no voices. The solution posted in the KGCM forum didn't work. I really wanted to play Russia in both mods to stand against the Mongols, but I'm tired of mute Russians.

Is there a feasible solution?

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

Hi, this Mod seems the perfect one to me (Diplomats are PITA). However, before I download it I have a question. I have Kingdoms on Steam, is it compatible and are there any particular installation procedures?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast