Thread: romanize

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default romanize

What files in 1.5 need to be modified so certain cultures can be "romanized" so that Roman specific buildins and units can be utilized by other faction? Thank you in advance.

If you go into export_descr_buildings.txt, you can search for the buildings you want and change their effects to include other factions. For example, if you scroll down to the Dockyard building, you can change:
    recruit "naval quinquiremes" 0 requires factions { roman, }
    To this:
    recruit "naval quinquiremes" 0 requires factions { roman, barbarian, }
    You would then have to go to export_descr_unit.txt and change the ownership for "naval quinquiremes" to include barbarians as well.

I don't think you can make it so that, say, Gauls can build Roman buildings if they occupy Roman land without making them able to build such buildings all the time. But you can change it so that if you capture a Roman barracks you can make basic Roman troops.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

What I am looking for and haven't found are the culture specific files so I can upgrade the different cultures. I tried a pro-consul palace and it ctd. I tried highways, same result. I did this in 1.2 and the ai loves using it against me. Another reason for this is when some of our excellent modders try implementing an aor scheme.