Default pre-patch discussion (closed)

Quote Originally Posted by adamus
    To all those "CA bashers" out there

Ya...hehee

Good info there, It'll get stickied.

Here is the copy of the "what is fixed" :

Rome: Total War Patch 1.5

Installation

You need to upgrade your version of RTW to version 1.3 before you install the 1.5 patch. If you do not, the patching process will not work and your game is unlikely to function.

This read-me details the main fixes made to the game. Other minor fixes and balances have been carried out.

Campaign Map

* We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown issue that was seen when playing the campaign map for prolonged periods.

· We have fixed the Naval battles that were not working correctly in version 1.3. AI-controlled factions will now make proper use of ships.

· Saved games from version 1.2 will work in version 1.5. A couple of other problems with saved games have also been fixed to prevent crashes.

* The Gauls can no longer recruit Naked Fanatics as they no longer have farming-related shrines and temples.
    * Academy-class buildings now give a law bonus, as they do in the BI expansion pack. These buildings now have uses in cities without governors or generals in residence.
    * Only Roman factions can hold Games at an Arena-class building.
    * Diplomacy has been “tweaked” so that Roman diplomatic activity is more coherent.
    * Fleeing armies can now only flee once after a large battle defeat.

Units

* We have added secondary low-quality sword to the phalanx-capable German Spearman Warband.
    * Removed inappropriate officer from Rebel Archer Warband units.
    * Reduced hit points for German Berserkers from 3 to 2 (matching those in BI).

Battle Map

* Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.
    * There was a pathfinding issue that made river battles very slow. This has been fixed.
    * Improvements have been made to the AI when orchestrating Skirmish Maneouvres.
    * The AI will now use 'fire at will' with idle units so that they throw pila at nearby enemies.
    * The AI will now make a decision about throwing pila before charging into combat based on the location of enemy units.

Rome: Total War – Barbarian Invasion Patch 1.6

There are a numerous areas of code that were looked at for the patch fix. The list below is the main fixes that have been made; other minor fixes and balancing changes were also carried out.

Campaign Map

* Generals’ night fighting ability is granted at 4 stars rather than 5
    * We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown that was seen on the Campaign map during extended play
    * Loyalty is now available with all shadow factions.
    * The faction leader will now not revolt.

· When a horde is created, horde units are no longer added to existing armies that occupy forts.

· We have fixed a bug that causes hordes to avoid fighting armies on bridges on the campaign map.

* We have given Gratianus Flavius a unit of Imperial German Bodyguards to fix a missing general's unit bug in the starting positions.
    * We have made fixes to settlement tax updating, so that it correctly updates tax policy when changing governors
    * We fixed a bug that caused diplomats to gather at extreme southwest corner of map in some cases.
    * Fixed crash where settlement recruitment queue for rebellions was exceeding max size.
    * The Marriage Event trigger now works.
    * There are a large number of changes to the balance of the game in response to the extended play that has been done by forum users.
    * Fixed an issue where disembarkation paths were being left on the terrain.
    * The Nomad voices have been changed from Greek to Barbarian.
    * We have fixed crash where settlement recruitment queue for rebellions was exceeding max size.

Battle Map

* Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.
    * There was a pathfinding issue that made river battles very slow. This has been fixed.
    * Improvements have been made to the AI when orchestrating Skirmish Maneouvres.
    * The AI will now use 'fire at will' with idle units so that they throw pila at nearby enemies.
    * The AI will now make a decision about throwing pila before charging into combat based on the location of enemy units.

· The unit experience upgrade “sparkling” effect can now be turned off using the UNIT_EXPERIENCE_UPGRADE_EFFECT tag in preferences.tx

Didn't realise another patch will come out, thank you for announcing guys, I appreciate your sharing. :original:

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The best part of it all: Sparkling units can be turned off.
    My internet is slow right now and the more I type the slower it goes... I'll post before it freezes! Evil AdServer virus!

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProph13
    The best part of it all: Sparkling units can be turned off.
    My internet is slow right now and the more I type the slower it goes... I'll post before it freezes! Evil AdServer virus!
    It could actually be turned off before as well :wink:
    I think it was linked to banners so when you turned them off you turned the sparkles off as well.
    They have just separated them now so people can turn off the sparkles and still have banners on.

I'm happy with what the patch will do.
    Let's hope it won't create more problems.

What about shadows? I encountered the problem of being unable to turn them off (they were perpetually on in their strongest state). Though, if the memory leak will fix much of the heavy lag experienced in battles, then it's great.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

I was a CA criticiser before. But if they keep this up they will win back my respect. Lets hope this patch doesn't bring more bugs like last time.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

what about these 2 bugs? I think these bugs can only be fixed by ca, we can't do anything about it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36080
    Last edited by hkaries; December 10, 2005 at 10:44 PM.

the memory Leack didn't reguard only the campaign map , but also and especially the BATTLE MAP !!!

I hope this is what will be fixed mainly !

according to what I read in the read me seems not to be fixed ...

We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown issue that was seen when playing the campaign map for prolonged periods.

Means that only the leack problem of Campaign map has been fixed to me , what about the BATTLE MAP?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

· We have fixed a bug that causes hordes to avoid fighting armies on bridges on the campaign map.
    Huh? I have been attacked by an entire horde on a bridge multiple times in the same turn.

Nice to see a patch released, makes me happier about CA.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I hope they address the bad models that are missing mess and fix the numberous texture issues. I am a bit concerned as there is no mention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal
    I hope they address the bad models that are missing mess and fix the numberous texture issues. I am a bit concerned as there is no mention of it.
    With any luck this: 'other minor fixes and balancing changes were also carried out' from the readme covers the well-documented texture issues. I guess we'll find out next week!

How about the fact that some sword cavalry use spear animations and some spear cavalry use sword animations? Though it was always funny watching someone get whacked on the head by a spear.

There might be a way of fixing this myself but I never really checked.
    Villanova Wildcats Class of '09

adamus's Avatar Miles

Patch should be released within the next 48 hours according to The Shogun:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...ID=32268.topic

Darth Wong's Avatar Pit Bull

I can't wait any longer! Argh!!!!

Yes, I have a life outside the Internet and Rome Total War
    "Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions" - Stephen Colbert
    Under the kind patronage of Seleukos

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! Neither can I!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

adamus's Avatar Miles

Update - patch Released - see 1st post for download link

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well Brutii and Scipii both expand properly which has been confirmed by Puzz3d over at the .org
    So far so good I guess

Quote Originally Posted by adamus
    Update - patch Released - see 1st post for download link
    um its not on there

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_v
    um its not on there
    Same here,the latest patch is only 1.3 is my browser displaying something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast