Thread: Unspecific Error

Default Unspecific Error

Hi i recently installed La Guerre de Cent Ans but whenever i try to play the mod i get a popup with an unspesific error on it. I have the seperate version of kingdoms and medieval 2 both installed and i also have some other mods installed. Thanks.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Unspecific Error

which version have you downloaded? are you sure you have put the mod in the correct folder?
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

well i had a problem installing in the MTWII directory so i chose an empty folder on the desktop. I used the download link from the introduction.

You should have read the instructions.
    You can't place the mod anywhere you want. You have to place it in the "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" dir.

Okay I try to install it into the C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" directory but it stopes instaling and sais ''Cannot create the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Uninstall The Hundred Years War ver0.99.$$A''

Are you a Vista user? Maybe there is something more you have to do if that is the case. I dunno...

it must be visa im having the same issue

except i put it in the right place the first time, does it matter that the usual directory on vista has the sega folder under programfiles(86) it also has regular program files, but segas only in (86)

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT THAN FIND OUT I HAVE TO PLAY THIS MOD OR I AM GOING TO EXPLODE

Icon4 Re: Unspecific Error

I am also receiving this message however it appears when I try to load up the grand campaign, I have also tried the installer but that fails saying it cannot create the file. I have installed the 1.3 update and am running the OS windows seven, I am also Itching to play this As i am a big fan of the hundred years war

P.s. Are the welsh available in this version?

If you can't install it, run it as admin, that works

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" directory but it stopes instaling and sais ''Cannot create the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Uninstall The Hundred Years War ver0.99.$$A'' ... i have the same problem, windows 7..any idea how to fix this?

Disclaimer - I have no experience with this mod. That said:

If you are a Vista/Win7 user make sure you have full admin rights. Also turn off the User Account Control (look for it in your respective Control Panels from the Start button) before installing the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by silvathegod View Post
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" directory but it stopes instaling and sais ''Cannot create the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Uninstall The Hundred Years War ver0.99.$$A'' ... i have the same problem, windows 7..any idea how to fix this?
    That looks to me like the mod can't create the uninstall info in the Installshield folder. You either don't have full rights to that system or the UAC is on and blocking the change. Turn your UAC settings to the lowest when installing.
    Last edited by PoleCat; August 08, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by =NF= Vasileios_the2nd View Post
    You should have read the instructions.
    You can't place the mod anywhere you want. You have to place it in the "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" dir.
    That won't work on Vista IIRC since it has some odd watermarks on all it's program files preventing mods etc from functioning as they should.
    I had to install everything in my documents folder for it to work.