Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installation issues (How to install on Steam, Mac, Windows 10)

Default Re: Troubleshooting Help

It either says could not find censored directory /progam files 86x/Steam/steamapps/Common or upon clicking it just goes straight to desktop

Default Re: Troubleshooting Help (How to install on Mac and Steam)

Hello everyone. I just got a macbook pro recently and today I installed Rome Total War onto it through the app store. Apparently, Creative Assembly has allowed this company called Feral Interactive to port some Total War games, including Rome and Alexander, onto Mac OS. I don't have Alexander yet but I probably will in the late afternoon when I go to cash my paycheck from my job, then I will apply my budgeting method to it, then I will use as little as is needed to get myself an iTunes card so I can afford to get Alexander off of App Store. My question to you guys is: is this mod compatible with the Mac versions of the games that it is programmed for? If so, may I please have instructions on how to install it when I get the chance to install Alexander and this mod for it? Thank you.

Default Re: Installation issues (How to install on Mac and Steam)

Thanks for the guide, the mod looks really good!

Okey i tried to download and install this mod.

First i dont find alexander folder, which prevent me to install it correctly. Atm when i start the game i get lotwr loading screen and then it shuts down. I have Rome 1 steam game. You have any idea?

Edit->

Ok now i got the Total war Alexander but now i have problems starting it. Just get to starting screen and then i get error and the game shut it down by it self.
    Last edited by Badmanis; September 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Default Re: Troubleshooting Help (How to install on Mac and Steam)

I had this mod on my macbook pro and it was running very well but then some accidental damage happened so I had to get it repaired. My macbook pro is back in operation and I reinstalled my Feral Interactive copy of Rome Total War and Alexander, but this time the mod simply will not install. As in I installed it but when I log into Alexander it just plays normal Alexander Total War instead of LOTR Total War. Someone please help me with this problem I am encountering. Thank you.

I cannot get the mod to work with my Feral Interactive copy of Rome Total War Alexander. It would not install in the folder extension Applications-->Rome Total War, forcing me to install it in the extension [Mac HD - Users - (myrealname) - Library - Containers - com.feralinteractive.rome - Data - Library - App Support - Feral Interactive - Rome Total War] instead. It installed according to your instructions but then I tested it to see if it would run the mod and it just runs the regular Alexander game instead. But here is something I do not understand - how do I, in your words, "overwrite the Alexander file" when I can only access it by opening the Rome app in my Apps folder or in my Rome Total War subfolder of my Feral Interactive folder? PLEASE answer me this question. Thank you.

Hey, I've managed to get the 3.0 patch up and working but it won't let me play with sieges and siege defences. It comes up with an error that the file name does not exist, please reply to this, I am enjoying this mod, it's actually better than most of the total war mods out there. Thanks

Ps- I'm on a mac

I am not on Mac but I am a Steam user I am quite frankly not sure where to go I have gone through all the instructions and check over everything and I am pretty sure I did everything right. My version will only bring me to the start up screen where it shows different pictures in a collage of what you will see in game. However that is it. It does not load past that point if I press enter or escape it just

That's rough, steam and on a Mac... ouch.
    As Bardo mentions in the OP have you very carefully checked and followed OP directions including checking the "READ_ME file and the PATCH NOTES (file) in the mod folder (on your computer)"?

Suggesting checking those is about all I can do to help, from what I understand use of Steam and Mac both make using mods (and the vanilla game itself for that matter) much more complicated.

Good Luck!!

I have made a new pack to intall the mod, that includes all files (up to v3.02) in one single pack.
    I'm trying to improve the "how to install" section of the readme. I included instructions to install on windows (steam and cd versions), and also linux (with wine), but I still do not know the proper way to get it working on mac, and I can't test it myself. I'd appreciate if someone that was able to play on mac can post instructions here, thanks.

I'm sorry that the latest questions in this topic were not answered, but I was not around, and I did not know how to help anyway. I hope this new pack causes less troubles.

Hi...I've just reinstalled the mod on a new computer (Windows 10), but I cannot get it to run in the correct resolution (1920x1080), however much I alter the preferences script, and can only get a maximum of 1280x720...

I do not understand why this isn't working, as all my other mods work with a simple change to the preferences script and it worked fine for LOTR on my previous computer (also Windows 10)...

I have both a disc and a Steam version of RTW and I've tried installing it on both with the same result...Everything else runs fine, but I cannot get a screen resolution higher than 1280x720...

Do I need to change another file?

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by zaroff1 View Post
    Hi...I've just reinstalled the mod on a new computer (Windows 10), but I cannot get it to run in the correct resolution (1920x1080), however much I alter the preferences script, and can only get a maximum of 1280x720...

I do not understand why this isn't working, as all my other mods work with a simple change to the preferences script and it worked fine for LOTR on my previous computer (also Windows 10)...

I have both a disc and a Steam version of RTW and I've tried installing it on both with the same result...Everything else runs fine, but I cannot get a screen resolution higher than 1280x720...

Do I need to change another file?

Please help!
    Not to worry...I've now solved the problem but I'll explain how in case anybody else encounters the same issue:

The installer installs a preferences file in the lotrtw folder, but names it "lotrtw_preferences"...When you launch the game, it ignores this file and creates a new "preferences" file with the usual resolution restrictions...

In order to avoid this, change the the resolution on "lotrtw_preferences" as usual and then rename it simply to "preferences"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123