Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Installation issues (How to install on Steam, Mac, Windows 10)

Default Re: Troubleshooting Help (How to install on Mac and Steam)

I'm having some difficulty installing this mod on steam. I install the updates to C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/rome total war alexander. I verified the integrity of game cache and did everything else the instructions said to. When I try to start the game it takes me to the red total war alexander screen that has all the copy right information on it. My computer makes the beep it normally does when an error occurs but the screen stays until I push a key, then it exits out of the application and there is no error window. I've tried reinstalling several times and running the installer as administrator. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit if that helps.

I do not have steam, so I'm not sure I can help you.
    The red screen you describe is the original from RTW, I guess it should not appear if you run lotrtw.

All I can say is: verify you installed the mod on the "rome total war alexander" folder, verify that you added "-mod:alexander/lotrtw" to your launch options, and wait to see if some steam user can help you better.

Another thing, verify that the folder where you installed the game (rome total war alexander) has read/write permission: right click -> properties -> security

No luck. I had the permissions set to read/write. I can see all of the files in the "Rome Total War Alexander" folder and the launch option is correctly set. Thank you for the quick response though...I appreciate it.

Any steam users out there that can help me? Total War is my favorite game franchise and LOTR has been my favorite series since I was a little kid. I really wanna play this mod.

well, you are sure you set the launch options to Alexander total war and not RTW at your Library in Steam? and you should install the mod at the alex tw folder and not the RTW folder in the Steam/steamApps/common
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Yes, the launch options are set to Alexander, not RTW. And the mod is installed in the alexander folder.

Arillian, only think i can think of is to verify that you installed first the "Lotr-TW Open Beta 2.0 Installer", and then the "Patch 2.0 to 2.08c Installer".
    It is a common error to install only the 2.08 patch.

Alright, finally got it. Not sure what I was doing wrong but after uninstalling and reinstalling four times it seems to be working now. I love this mod. Thank you to the developers!

So i downloaded the mod and installed it on my mac but i cant get the 2.08 patch to work. Any help at all will be appreciated

Several people is having problems with patch 2.08 under mac and I'm not sure about the solution.
    Now we are testing the new version, it would be good to know how should we pack it so it works on mac without problems.
    It would be useful if some mac user joins to the beta group (see betatesting topic)

Ok so i managed to install the patch but each time i start the game it quits. Any suggestions?

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

I have RTW Alex on Steam and it has all the things needed to install and run the mod normally, I followed the steps for the Steam installation and I'm sure that I did them right. But now when I run the mod I instantly get "Failed to find Steam."

Shisai I Installed it using crossover but I dont have a folder saying Alexander lotrtw
    Please can u help

Do you know where we go to download the game if we have steam? I cant make the game install properlay with the MODDB instructions. I think thats because I need to get RTW with Activision, but is there a site where I can download it if I got the game through Steam?

is there a guide on how to install patch 2.08 on steam?

Patch 2.08 was made using same installer than 2.0, I don't know why is causing problems over steam and mac.
    We would need some people in the beta group with steam, with gold RTW version, and with mac, to be sure that next version will be compatible.

the problem im having is that the historical battles there seems to be none at all and ive done what you said ive been playing the game and its awsome but i need your help on that topic

Default Re: Installation issues (How to install on Mac and Steam)

I hope to try this mod soon, but wanted to see if I could get an answer to this first. I have RTW vanilla on CD (patched to 1.5, of course), no BI or Alexander. I was planning to buy Alexander through Steam (for convenience) and then download this mod. Will the mod work if my ALEX is on Steam but my vanilla RTW isn't? (Or for that matter, will ALEX itself work if vanilla RTW isn't in Steam?) Would I just follow the Steam install instructions here, or would I have to change something? Because if it won't work, then I won't bother to buy Alexander. But if it will...I'd love to play this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosius Aurelianus View Post
    I hope to try this mod soon, but wanted to see if I could get an answer to this first. I have RTW vanilla on CD (patched to 1.5, of course), no BI or Alexander. I was planning to buy Alexander through Steam (for convenience) and then download this mod. Will the mod work if my ALEX is on Steam but my vanilla RTW isn't? (Or for that matter, will ALEX itself work if vanilla RTW isn't in Steam?) Would I just follow the Steam install instructions here, or would I have to change something? Because if it won't work, then I won't bother to buy Alexander. But if it will...I'd love to play this mod!
    Afaik it's written on the steam alexander page "Requires the Steam version of Rome: Total War to work" or so. Unfortunately.
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Ah, I see it now, you're right. Too bad.

Do you know if the mod will work from a version of Alexander bought from Amazon.com or Gamersgate?

I Downloaded Both Mods, I installed the first one to Steam/steamapps/common/rometotalwaralexander
    then i went to steam, clicked Properties on alexander, hit set launch options and pasted
    -mod:alexander/lotrtw then hit ok and close
    then i installed version 3 and well no matter what instructions i follow, they are all the same on other peoples list for steam installation, i still get the vanilla version of alexander playing instead of lord of the rings, i had it working once like last year but deleted it all till today reinstalled deleted EVERYTHING and installed fresh yes i checked integrity of game cache, game works but only Plays Alexander, i feel the instructions on here are outdated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast