Ask here for help in installation and other technical troubles.
Before posting here, I suggest you read up on the READ_ME file and the PATCH NOTES in the mod (should be located in the main folder) for possible answer to your question.
Also keep attention on the notes when the installer is running.
HOW TO INSTALL ON MAC
(Thanks to Christophus for this guide)
This post contains information on how to get Lotr-tw working on ur Mac Osx 10.6.4 (might work on others too i havnt tried on any besides this )
(If Your Not a Mac Noob or if ur just stuck at how to start the game read the highlights (: XD )
What you need to do first..
1) Get a Legit Copy of RTW
2) Make sure u have Wine or Crossover Game
3) wrap the game with either so it works on ur Mac.
If you already have the game. (this is for lotr-tw v2.0 OB)
1) Download Lotr-tw (the .exe file will be named as 'LOTRTW_v2.ob_OB1.exe' )
2) Once downloaded, install the .exe file with crossover or wine.
3) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE RTW INSTALLED IN YOUR APPLICATIONS FOLDER.
...If you dont have it installed there your app will just bounce and quit, it will ....NOT play.
4) Make sure the address when you install it reads like
...Applications--> Rome-Total war (folder)
This folder contains ur Rome-tw, Alexander and BI game wrappers from where you start the game.
5) Make sure u make a copy of the Alexander folder in the data folder
(Applications --> Rome Total war --> data --> Alexander
6) After your done installing the .exe file to the Rome Total war folders you will get a ( Alexander folder --> lotrtw ) dont change anyting in that.
7) After you've copied the alexander folder from the data folder to a safe place forget about it you wont need it again (x (yes lotrtw gets addictive)
8) Overwrite alexander in the data folder with the one u got after installing the .exe file.
9) Now this is the part that counts :mrgreen: ..
10) Once the alexander file has been overwritten.. all you have to do is COPY ALL THE FILES IN alexander --> lotrtw .. and paste them in alexander
11) DONT DELETE ANYTING you need two copies as address reading is a pain for cidered games
12) Once you've pasted the files in alexander you will have the same files in both alexander and lotrtw but ofc there will be another folder lotrtw in the alexander folder.
13) Once that is done right click on your Alexander Expansion wrapper ..
click on show contents --> resources --> prefrences (not prfrences_bak) --> config
Open config go TO THE BOTTOM and paste
"cmdlineadd" = "-mod:alexander"
at the end of that file..
Once that is Done Open Alexander Expansion and Voila LOTR-TW SHOULD WORK NOW!