Freedom: At a Political Control Center Near You
& Peace: Though Power
Workers of the world, it is time to rise up and seize our collective destiny via the wonderful apparatus known as democracy.
With the might of the common man, it is impossible for us to fail. However many be the kings and their noble knights, we are far more. Remember how inevitable is the victory of the common man!
[SS 6.3, Gracul AI, Permanent Watchtowers, Longer Assimilation]
- No upgrading of castles. Only conversion to towns etc*
- No training "imperialist" troops.****
- Use of mercenary troops (even merc knights) is perfectly allowed. Even better if they die quickly!
- Religion is the opium of the masses, so the Pope must be kept happy.**
- Religion is the opium of the masses, so building churches should be kept to a "minimum" ***
- Any others that are to be added later
*Turning a village/town into a castle is fine, Large Town and above is not. Upgrading a "castle" means NOT building fortress/citadel!
**Unless he excomms by declaring war. Otherwise, carry out his missions.
***IE: Pope/Guild missions all acceptable! Otherwise, don't build Cathedrals and above! (Preferable only build the first level - to train "Teutonic Youth"
****IE: Peasant/Levy troops are fine. Hiring of "late professional" troops will be put to a vote! Religious Order are nutcases that can't be turned down.
I add that in castles I will not build things that will disappear upon conversion to towns. So upgrading archery range = no, but barracks/siege/smith = yep!
- Priests: Teutonic Youth. They lead "rallies" to raise "support"!
- Diplomats: Spin Doctors. They talk! One suspects they're just hippies in fancy clothes though.
- Spies: <classified>. They <classified>.
- Crusaders (Ours): Politicians. They fight with sharp (s)words! (They're the "officer", the soldiers are their "bodyguards").
- Churches (Ours): Propaganda Centers. Why else do they train Teutonic Youth ("Priests")?
Chapter List (Reverse Order):
- Chap 12: Surprise! It's CRUSADE TIME!
- Chap 11: Mother Novgorod?
- Chap 10: Yes, We Use Them Too
- Chap 9: Disarming Novgorod
- Chap 8: Unconventional Warfare
- Chap 7: Regime Change in Lithuania
- Chap 6: Beating The War Drum
- Chap 5: We Brought Up a Forest's Worth
- Vote 1: Factions of the World!
- Chap 4: Democracy Rolls Forward Over You
- Chap 3: A Stunning Punch to the Arrogants
- Chap 2: Always Comes Down To Battle
- Chap 1: Introducing The Teutonic Anarchists