Thread: quick Q

Default quick Q

this might be a real dumb question but im playing as the brutii and i cant build any thing better than hatarii in greece

You are locked by the Zone Of Recruitment - you cannot recruit principes/trarii/Post marian cohorts outside of Italy or Sicily.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

No you can you CANT build outside the Roman Shields. Why dont people read the README. It just makes you look retarded when you dont. lol

Here are the provinces in the README why I bother I Dont know, but here they are anyway. I even have those little shields to give you a visual of where you can recruit them from. For PRE MARIUS units the ZOR is the same for the Cohorts.

***PROVENCES/CITIES***

Cisalpine_Gaul LEGIO XIII: GEMINA
    Mediolanium

Venetia LEGIO XII: FULMINATA
    Patavium

Transalpine_Gaul LEGIO XV: APOLLINARIS
    Massilia

Illyria LEGIO XVII: GERMANICA
    Segestica

Dalmatia LEGIO XVIII: GERMANICA
    Salona

Apuania LEGIO X: EQUESTRIS
    Segesta

Etruria LEGIO IX: HISPANA
    Arretium

Umbria LEGIO VIII: AUGUSTA
    Ariminum

Sardinia LEGIO XXVI: CYRENAICA
    Caralis

Epirus LEGIO XX: VALERIA VICTRIX
    Apollonia

Apulia LEGIO III: GALLICA
    Tarentum

Campania LEGIO VI: FERRATA
    Capua

Calabria LEGIO II: ADIUTRIX
    Croton

Sicilia_Romanus LEGIO XXI: RAPAX
    Messana

Sicilia_Poeni LEGIO XXV: MARTIA
    Lilybaeum

Sicilia_Graecus LEGIO XXII: DEIOTARIANA
    Syracuse

Corsica LEGIO XXVIII: PRIMIGENIA
    Aleria

Picenum LEGIO VII: HISPANA
    Asculum

Samnium LEGIO V: ALAUDAE
    Bovianum

Lucania LEGIO IV: MACEDONICA
    Neapolis

Istria LEGIO XVI: GALLICA
    Aquileia

Boianum LEGIO XI: FRETENSIS
    Bononia

Epimandus LEGIO XIX: GERMANICA
    Dyrrhachium

Liguria LEGIO XIV: GEMINA
    Genua

Cameratum LEGIO XXIII: PARTHICA
    Agrigentum

Bruttium LEGIO I: AUGUSTA GERMANICUS
    Rhegium

Beronia LEGIO XXVII: TRAIANA FORTIS
    Pluvium

Sicania LEGIO XXIV: VICTRIX
    Panormus
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

There you have it!

Lt, why do some cities make the same legion name - couldn't you make each one unique to a city?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

They dont all 28 provinces make a different Legion Title? THe republican and Imperial will have the same name from the same province. But that is it all the rest have unique names?
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

he means how multiple cities have gemina or gallica or germania - those repetitive names

hes wondering why - im guessing, historical reasons
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Still...Bit repetitive e.g. - Etruria LEGIO IX: HISPANA : Arretium and Picenum LEGIO VII: HISPANA Asculum. Different number but same name. I feel they should all be unique.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    No you can you CANT build outside the Roman Shields. Why dont people read the README. It just makes you look retarded when you dont. lol
    To fair people should read the readme but you’re not helping matters by answering peoples questions i.e. your too soft with people. Maybe on the next splash screen it should just be a plain white background and in big red letters it should say the following;

- THIS GAME ONLY WORKS WITH 1.2....NO BLOODY 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 OR 1.5 FOR THAT MATTER. IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THIS THEN UNISTALL EVERYTHING AND START AGAIN

- DON'T USE ANY OTHER MODS OTHER SPQR WITH SPQR

- READ THE README FILE. AND IF YOU COME TO OUR FORUM AND ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE 'I INSTALLED 1.3 AND IT DON'T WORK' I WILL BAN YOU FOR A MONTH AND BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE

- IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTION THAT CAN BE ANSWERED IN THE README, THEN ABOVE PUNISHMENT WILL BE ENFORCED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

I hope this helps.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie
    To fair people should read the readme but you’re not helping matters by answering peoples questions i.e. your too soft with people. Maybe on the next splash screen it should just be a plain white background and in big red letters it should say the following;

- THIS GAME ONLY WORKS WITH 1.2....NO BLOODY 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 OR 1.5 FOR THAT MATTER. IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THIS THEN UNISTALL EVERYTHING AND START AGAIN

- DON'T USE ANY OTHER MODS OTHER SPQR WITH SPQR

- READ THE README FILE. AND IF YOU COME TO OUR FORUM AND ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE 'I INSTALLED 1.3 AND IT DON'T WORK' I WILL BAN YOU FOR A MONTH AND BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE

- IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTION THAT CAN BE ANSWERED IN THE README, THEN ABOVE PUNISHMENT WILL BE ENFORCED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

I hope this helps.

Wow...I think both of you need to chill a little bit lol

Yes, people will always NOT read the readme. Its part of human tendancy. Its the same mind-process that old guys have when they think "I can fix this," and end up with 7 fingers. Don't be mean to people, just refer them politely to the readme or answer their question if its simple enough.

Personally I like your style Freddie (hoping I never forget and ask a question that the answer to is in the readme).

That's at least the second time I have seen Lt say "I don't know why I bother" regarding questions that the answers to were in the readme, (he's a victim of the human condition) still at least it shows he loves us really?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel
    still at least it shows he loves us really?
    I hope so! I NEED SPQR 5.0! I like your style Freddie as well - I always did.

Yes Freddie you are right. People should read b4 making silly questions which are easily explained in the readme. I always read the readme first b4 i begin to play.
    Nice attitude matelol

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

nah, if you're a real man you should never read instructions or readme's, just pile in there and try to figure out whay its not working. Give's you wife a nice warm feeling when she points out that it says in capital letters on page 2 not to do what you've just done.

Or in SPQR's case, gives you a real thrill when you suddenly (and accidently) find the shieldwall
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Explain that to lt!!!! lol

Lol. I didn't - just had problems initialising it!

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal
    nah, if you're a real man you should never read instructions or readme's, just pile in there and try to figure out whay its not working. Give's you wife a nice warm feeling when she points out that it says in capital letters on page 2 not to do what you've just done.

Or in SPQR's case, gives you a real thrill when you suddenly (and accidently) find the shieldwall
    Yeah real men use your brain! :laughing:

hah i discovered the shield wall pretty recently!

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.