Thread: campaigns_01.pack

Default campaigns_01.pack

I am a great fan of the Rights of Man for Empire so I am looking foward to getting Right of Man 2 (my steam is not working at the moment so I can't play any steam games, but hopefully it will be fixed soon). But I have a few questions regarding the campaigns_01.pack. I was wondering what it actually does. I know it adds things like a playable Ottoman Empire and a few starting fleet units for factions, but what else does it do and can I get the full Rights of Man 2 experiance with out it.

Also I know that the campaigns_01.pack will course problems with the Pensinsular Campaign and I will need to disable the campaigns_01.pack in order to play the Pensinsular Campaign. I was wondering how would I go about enabling and disabling the campaigns_01.pack using the user script.

Default Re: campaigns_01.pack

The campaigns pack is indeed neccessary to play all the new factions and the old factions with reworked victory conditions. If you don't want to play the ottomans, spain or france with new victory conditions, you can stick with the old campaigns. Gameplay is not different.

It's the easiest to use the mod manager to enable and disable the campaign pack (load order is not important). If you manually change the user script it should look like this:

mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack";

The problem I have is that Mod Manager does not work on my pc. It does allow me for some strange reason to tick any boxes to chose what mod I want. Also even thought I got the Napoleon mod manager it keeps trying to start Empire instead of Napoleon. This means I have to use the user script to enable and disable the campaigns pack.

So if I wish to play the campaigns pack I write
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack"

and whant to play the Pensinsular Campaign I write
    mod "trom2_core.pack"

is that correct

Correct! And if you want to use any submods, put them above trom2_core in the list.

EDIT: For the mod manager you need to install NET 3.5.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; October 07, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

I have been away so I am only now starting to install rights of man and I am having some problems I have extracted the trom2_core.pack, trom2_text.pack, trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack and the campaign files into ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data. But it does not seem to have made any changes to NTW how can I tell it is installed correctly.

Also I seem to have forgoten where to find the user script could you remind me where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtotalwar View Post
    I have been away so I am only now starting to install rights of man and I am having some problems I have extracted the trom2_core.pack, trom2_text.pack, trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack and the campaign files into ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data. But it does not seem to have made any changes to NTW how can I tell it is installed correctly.

Also I seem to have forgoten where to find the user script could you remind me where it is.
    I guess you need to enable the mod either with the mod manager or the user script. You find the user script here: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Is C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts for both XP and Vista. I have Vista and every time I click on Documents and Setting is keeps saying access denied.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtotalwar View Post
    Is C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts for both XP and Vista. I have Vista and every time I click on Documents and Setting is keeps saying access denied.
    That's for Vista: C:\users\YOUR PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Did you trty to get the mod manager to work? It's the easiest way managing your mods.

You may also want to try this tool here.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; October 12, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

I got a new pc and now I am having a problem finding the script files again
    In vista it was C:\users\YOUR PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

But now I have windows 7 I can no longer find the AppData file. Is it in a different place in windows 7

It's in the same place. You just have to tick an option called "Show hidden files and folders" in "Folder options".

This is going to sound like a stupid question but I am useless with computers. How do I find the folder options?
    Thanks for your help

Hold on, I'll explain.

1. Go to a folder on your computer.
    2. Push the ALT button on your keyboard.
    3. Go to Tools -> Folder options -> View -> Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    4. Click "Apply to Folders" and then OK. It should work.

Thanks PrussianPrince your help is much appreciated.