Thread: a few questions..

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default a few questions..

HI there,

installed the mod yesterday. I dont use any other mods. there just a few (maybe silly) questions:

- when I want to start the napoleon campaigns, the game chrashes ( I have the TROM2 campaigns activated), I only can start the french campaign from the TROm2 menu. is that how it should be?

- my lineinfantry still shoots with tracers (much lesser as in vanilla). shouldnt be there no tracers at all?

- I started a french campaign (from the trom2 campaign menu): I donīt get any new missions at. or should I say: I donīt get ANY missions. thats normal?

over all the mod looks OUTSTANDING, but Iīm not quiet shure if everything works fine.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Default Re: a few questions..

Quote Originally Posted by aus-rotten View Post
    HI there,

installed the mod yesterday. I dont use any other mods. there just a few (maybe silly) questions:

- when I want to start the napoleon campaigns, the game chrashes ( I have the TROM2 campaigns activated), I only can start the french campaign from the TROm2 menu. is that how it should be?

- my lineinfantry still shoots with tracers (much lesser as in vanilla). shouldnt be there no tracers at all?

- I started a french campaign (from the trom2 campaign menu): I donīt get any new missions at. or should I say: I donīt get ANY missions. thats normal?

over all the mod looks OUTSTANDING, but Iīm not quiet shure if everything works fine.
    When you have the custom TROM2 campaign activated, only the Peninsular Campaign should not work. All other campaigns should work with and without the TROM2 campaigns enabled. Please check if the vanilla esf files and scripts were correctly replaced by the TROM2 ones.

The tracers are not disabled. You can use any mod that does it as long as it only does that and adds no other changes. I think the Battlefield Smoke submod has a seperate mod for disabling tracers.

I haven't done any missions for the French in the TROM2 custom campaign yet, only for the Spanish and the Ottoman (the other nations have their vanilla missions enabled, but the French one are in a different script). I plan to add some later.

...and thanks for the praise!
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; October 05, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    When you have the custom TROM2 campaign activated, only the Peninsular Campaign should not work. All other campaigns should work with and without the TROM2 campaigns enabled. Please check if the vanilla esf files and scripts were correctly replaced by the TROM2 ones.
    can you explain where and what exactly I have to check? thanks!

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

You have to overwrite the files in the ...\date\campaigns directory with the ones provided by TROM2 (in the campaigns folder). Can't think of any other reason that the campaigns don't work, if you have no other mods installed.

Default Newb question

I have TROM2 installed and it seems to be working ok. Just one question about what order to put items in Mod Manager. I followed your install instructions and have your mods in the proper sequence but there's a bunch of other files showing in the Mod Manager, I suppose from NTW. Does it matter whether TROM files come before or after NTW files? Oh, and lest I forget, great job!

Deselect the "Show all pack files" checkbox on the right side of the modmanger. Then you should only see the mod files. But anyway, TROM2 will always overwrite the vanilla files, so your installation is ok.

For some reason, all the names of the units TROM adds are missing and so is the name of the TROM campaign. Im not sure what is causing it, since the only other mod i have running is the music one.

Either trom2_text.pack is missing or you have another mod that you forgot which is overwriting the text.