Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tjikko (World's oldest tree)

Default Re: Tjikko (World's oldest tree)

I was only referencing the wiki, I'll have to reread.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Oldest Tree

I am posting this in the 'Living Past' because this is the living past!
    Just wondering if anyone out there has ever visited this tree or photographed it?

I GOT YOU!

its supposed to be Norway spruce - picea abies

and here is photo of this oldest tree

your photo is just a regular pinus mugo - moutain pine

Then why don't you edit the wiki?

that picture you posted have this decription - Example of stunted tree exhibiting a krummholz formation - yoz should at least read part of that article and picture descripiton,just blind picture-postin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaldithas View Post
    that picture you posted have this decription - Example of stunted tree exhibiting a krummholz formation - yoz should at least read part of that article and picture descripiton,just blind picture-postin

These were the edits since my post, I'll review them for your pleasure later, in the meantime feel free to laugh if that was NOT changed as I don't recall the current picture at the time.

(cur | prev) 02:17, 27 January 2011 Kjoonlee (talk | contribs) (6,303 bytes) (No... revert wrong IPA, wrong template) (undo)
    (cur | prev) 02:02, 26 January 2011 ErgoSum88 (talk | contribs) (6,329 bytes) (add pronunciation, thanks to everyone at Wikipedia:Reference desk/Language#Swedish pronunciation for their input) (undo)
    (cur | prev) 22:47, 19 November 2010 Headbomb (talk | contribs) m (6,303 bytes) (clean up for Book:Trees of the World using AWB) (undo)

Edit: Actually this one wasn't, but interesting

(cur | prev) 18:32, 31 August 2010 CommonsDelinker (talk | contribs) m (6,303 bytes) (Replacing Old_Tjikko_Dalarna.jpg with File:Old_Tjikko.jpg (by Túrelio because: exact or scaled-down duplicate).) (undo)

oh well

But it was written it is a Norway spruce(picea abies),which is very different from Mountain pine (pinus mugo)

Well I'm glad we got that straightened out, now then how do we know this is the right tree?

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Great thread, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frederich Barbarossa View Post
    theres a bacteria thats 250 million years old.
    Yes it's alive and well, between my toes.
    "A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself ... always a laborious business." A. A. Milne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12