Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question... Is Spqr-Tw no build time for troops?

Default Question... Is Spqr-Tw no build time for troops?

Im hoping that Spqr has build time for troops because if it doesnt, i'll go crazy.

Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

O_O there is none thats what made this mod famous

Conan the Barbarian "All anyone will remember is that few stood against many!!!"

Most men complacently accept knowledge as truth. They are sheep ruled by fear

Lord Agelmar's Avatar Tiro

If you dont like it, you could easily change it. But Hyungku is right, it is a major part of the mod.
    "We've made the ferryman wait this long, lets make him wait a little longer."
    "The Legions will not fail you, do not fail them." Roma Mod

so you can just build you're whole army off the bat??? damn.... i dunno about that. i guess i'll give it a try, but i dunno.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

It makes the whole game harder and makes larger battles very frequent. Once i was attacked 3 times at one turn by gaul with 3000+ men in each army.
    As hyungoku said, thats partly what makes this mod so famous.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Read Readme!

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Its hard to get used to. You have to keep a huge standing army to keep your borders secure. There is never any peace or time to build up your empire. If your lucky you might be able to afford a few city improvements while fighting hordes of enemies. Unless your carthage or greek or eastern.. then you have enough money for everything.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

I have no problems building My empire? ;-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Just don't expand too quickly...

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

I'm playing as the Julii in my current campaign and it is rather easy to keep improvments going in my cities. I normally take about 4 cities total before MR so never have a problem rotating out the old legions and keeping my well oiled money machine running.

'course you don't have problems lt, but I do stupid stuff that I would do in real life. Such as: Taking the greeks to spain to build an empire, and abandoning the greek mainland. I'm going to try and mod the thracians into spain but thats not looking so good...

The zero build turn allows you to blitz the enemy if you so choose. But if you hold a premature attack, let the enemy build up its strength, you virtually cannot survive without a zero turn build.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHammer
    The zero build turn allows you to blitz the enemy if you so choose. But if you hold a premature attack, let the enemy build up its strength, you virtually cannot survive without a zero turn build.
    Imagine if only the enemy had zero build time! Now THAT would be a challenge!

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

i suppose that could happen, if you knew which faction you were going to go every campaign or modded the game before every new campaign.

Nope, it just sucks. You get blitzed from round 3.

Not blitzed - it would make it difficult for the hp you know...Extremely difficult!

But I like it

The thing is, i havent really tried no build time. I've been playin RTW, RTR, since day one, and im still hooked, (every other month, i'll throw in MTW... = ) as POLAND or coarse) but im not so sure about no build time. I've been reading every thread (cause in my office, its really slow right now, and i have :wub: all to do. except read about the best game in the world. ) and i see that it seems really interesting (with the house rules of coarse) and i have been needing a challenge. so i think im going to try it, just not anytime soon... probably after tomorrow. But when i do play it, and for like 5 hrs atleast, i'll msg back the next day and i'll let you guys know what i think about it. Hopefully its as good as you guys say it is. = )

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man
    Im hoping that Spqr has build time for troops because if it doesnt, i'll go crazy.

Yes I know how you feel that zero build leads to all sorts of problems like the Greeks giving you a run for your money once in while, and the Gaul’s actually sacking Rome! All of this could lead to ….. I don’t know a fun and entertaining game, and who wants that?

People don’t deserve to have fun when playing Rome Total War, that’s why they created Rome Total Realism to drive out any small crease of run from the game that could lead to players getting excited which will lead to mass hysteria amongst the hordes which could lead to, I don’t know complete annihilation of the human race.

So God damm it man me and you should start crusade against LT and his mod. We shall fight for longer recruiting times, make players and A.I wait longer before they can do anything and when it does happen it will be on a small scale of only a handful of units to stop the horde from getting to much enjoyment. If all else fails we shall create our mod and call it…………

Roman Accountant: Total War V1 – The new Empire Auditing Rules.

i used to play RTR and got bored really quickly. I got into SPQR and have never looked back.

Same here - too long recruitment in my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast