Thread: lol something funny

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

Default lol something funny

i was playing my carthage campaign, and Carthage was rebelling, so i decided, since nothing else was working, to pull my garrison out, let them take the city, and then exterminate them next turn.

So i assault the city w/ a siege tower and 2 ladders so my siege tower gets destroyed, and my heavy infantry are now on the walls fighting peasants and archers.

Then I realize, i can bash the doors of the gate open w/ my elephants, so i do that, rush all my cav in , take heavy losses, but eventually my heavy infantry comes from off the walls and flanks the enemy. wish i had some screens but they on my other comp.

Anyway, next turn after taking not only do i realize that the people's mood is now green, but also a city that was making me -60 a turn is now making me 2450, never knew that would happen.
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

adamus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Slimshoom
    Anyway, next turn after taking not only do i realize that the people's mood is now green, but also a city that was making me -60 a turn is now making me 2450, never knew that would happen.
    Erm, you do realise that the city was making you money before don't you. Don't rely on the figures that appear unit a city's name in the campaign map. The city will have been making just as much, if not more money before when it said "-60", its just that because the population was a lot bigger, the city got assigned a larger proportion of your army's upkeep costs.

Illustrative example:

If you have a city which has an INCOME of 1000 denarii per turn, a population of 10,000, your army costs 10,000 denarii upkeep per turn and the total population of all your cities is 100,000.

Your city represents 10% of the total population [10,000 / 100,000]
    Therefore, army upkeep costs of 1000 denarii per turn will be assigned to your city [10% of total army upkeep], which means that on the campaign map, the city will show "0", even though it gives you 1000 denarii per turn.

If the city is conquered/rebels and you then re-conquer it and exterminate the population, the figure on the campaign map will change. Say that after the extermination, the city's population is now 1,000, and your total population is now 91,000.

Now your city represents 1% of your total population and so only 1% of army upkeep will be assinged to it, which would be 100 denarii per turn.

Now, on the campaign map, a positive (green) figure of 900 denarii would be shown below the city's name, even though the city still gives you 1000 denarii per turn.
    I hope this makes sense, but the point of it is that the figures under the city name in the campaign map are pretty meaningless - it would be much better if the game showed the player a city's INCOME per turn instead of its PROFIT per turn.

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

interesting, thanx for the tip, so when a city says negative money on the map it still makes u get positive money?
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Slimshoom
    interesting, thanx for the tip, so when a city says negative money on the map it still makes u get positive money?
    That's correct.