Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153203228243244245246247248249250251252253254255 LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 5086

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

One of the major Improvements in ME3 I liked , is that you finally see your crew members having more interaction without Sheppard . I thought it was lame in ME2 that after all those missions and loyalty mission all those members barely acknowledge each others existence .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 01, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

One thing I missed was the debriefs at the end of each mission. It was interesting seeing my team members clash with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    That wasn't a 'who else would want Joker' trope. Joker's pretty damn cool. Joker's nothing so condescending as a nerd. He's a frakking genius of flying. Girls would trip over themselves for him, regardless of his medical condition. That was a 'who else would Joker want' trope. I mean, a pilot and his ship, once his ship gets personality. Hilarity ensues. And it's actually appropriate for the science fiction genre, no less.
    If you actually listen to Joker you hear him being socially pretty isolated and lonely so no, no girls tripping over themselves for him. Not sure, where you get that impression. The creepy thing about the relationship is that EDI thinks it's a great idea... but you get the feeling to her it's an experiment. However you put it - 'who else would want Joker' or 'who else would Joker want' - it is a pretty icky kind of relationship in terms of investment.

I'm not sure about the appropriate part. It's in my eyes not inappropriate, it kind of violates Bioware's own main theme and thus is unfitting to their concept aka that synthetics think fundamentally different than organics, but as stated they backtracked on that entirely in ME3 with EDI and the Geth while making it their central plot point with the Reapers (which goes back to bad ending territory where I don't want to go).
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

http://kotaku.com/fan-writes-400-pag...t-3-1504996588

Gonna set myself a day soon to sit down and read all of this
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by The Thracian View Post

i was gunning for something to take my mind out in a ride and thats it!

thanks!

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by The Thracian View Post

Tell us how it is. I can't say that I agree with the attitude "I added a happy and an evil ending. I'm so awesome!". It's really about whether it fits and the current endings imo don't have the main trouble of being happy/evil they just don't fit and are internally broken. But maybe that's just how the article ran.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Tell us how it is. I can't say that I agree with the attitude "I added a happy and an evil ending. I'm so awesome!". It's really about whether it fits and the current endings imo don't have the main trouble of being happy/evil they just don't fit and are internally broken. But maybe that's just how the article ran.
    Currently just started section three, I like alot of the changes made so far, my favourite being having the Rancini fight with you on Earth rather than all going to the Crucible and removing the entire fake Queen thing altogether. Only thing I strongly dislike is the combat dialogue, its all a bit corny and would really grate after a while.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I read it from the arrival to Earth. It's infinitely better than the original ending but that's obviously not saying much. The combat dialogue does sound a little off, especially Garrus's, but that's a minor point anyway. Everything else that I read I liked, apart from the way it handled the choices of destroy/control/synthesise by basing them on the paragon/renegade score rather than having you pick one. I never really paid much attention to the scores, rather choosing what to do based on the situation and my thoughts/feelings at the time, so I'd inevitably end up with the crappy synthesis ending. I think I do prefer some of the endings people posted here though.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

He's using it as part of his resume. Personally, I'm more interested in his ability to worldbuild than his ability to write, as dialogue can be done somewhat on the fly and fixed as needed. Worldbuilding is more a team experience that they need more writers on deck for to set everything up for the background before they start working with the programmers to figure out what they can actually do. Rewriting Mass Effect doesn't exactly tell me much here as someone hiring writers in permanent positions for a game company. Might get him a temp job writing dialogue.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

why someone would write 400 pages on a game is beyond me, it's just a ing product. You don't like it move on to another one.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I'd say it's the opposite - people put in that much effort precisely because they do like it a lot, but are just unsatisfied with how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    I'd say it's the opposite - people put in that much effort precisely because they do like it a lot, but are just unsatisfied with how it turned out.
    And it's pretty much the worst way to pad your portfolio ever(did you read his intro to the document?). I'm just saying. Tearing down someone else's material and attempting to rebuild it is about the worst way attempt to ingratiate your way into a fairly tight knit community of designers. I'm not talking about the programmers and developers that work 14 hour days for no overtime and merely hope for a bonus here, just the designers. They kind of know each other.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Doing something like this may well earn him a job at some game development studio, but I would question whether it would be one where you would want to work...

Skimming through the first pages. What got Garrus shirtless or Liara in trenchcoat got to do with anything. Overall that start is pure fanfiction. If I could moan I'd like Liara back in ditzy scientist mode again. She was way cooler then than as corny Shadowbroker/information whatever. It's pure taste and not relevant. Garrus shirtless is simply a resource decision about wasting time making half nude Turian models just like it took a while to make a Turian female. I'd wish there had been tons in ME2+ME3 but the only detractor is wasting time on Drell and Collectors(arguably) in ME2 when they could have filled that important hole in one of the main races' representation.
    Mangalore Design

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I've been playing a little multiplayer in the past few days, for the first time in well over a year. It's still fun, but everyone has these awesome new classes with awesome new weapons, and I'm stuck with my old standbys

Nothing like watching a dude with a krogan warlord go toe to toe in melee with a geth juggernaut on gold and win, meanwhile I'm getting hit twice and have to be revived.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    I've been playing a little multiplayer in the past few days, for the first time in well over a year. It's still fun, but everyone has these awesome new classes with awesome new weapons, and I'm stuck with my old standbys

Nothing like watching a dude with a krogan warlord go toe to toe in melee with a geth juggernaut on gold and win, meanwhile I'm getting hit twice and have to be revived.
    basically you are the annoying guy that needs to be revived every min of the match...

I feel your pain, I tried some months ago, and... failed miserably, my weapons which were good back then are just rubbish...

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Finally unlocked a Geth Juggernaut. Dang that thing just doesn't go down. Slow as hell though.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Maybe if you type in the secret code you'll get more stuff. (Hint: You can find it on your credit card)

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

That works for every game.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Heh, the ending of the 3rd game is just so jarring and poorly thought out... even after extended cut

At this point, I just figure that the "reality" ends right about the time Shepard's weapons stop needing thermal clips. At that point, either you eat the poison apple (accepting 1 of the 3 options presented to you by the reapers) and go full TIM/Saren, or you refuse and die.