Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    epic Marauder Shields 40
    Most definitely.
    I do have to say that the way the Batarians are painting their ships according to Koobs made me chuckle, though.

I just finished the Omega DLC. I couldn't shake the feeling that retaking Omega should have been included in the game at release, as well as the Leviathan.

All in all, pretty underwhelming DLC IMO.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I LOVED encountering the Mad Prophet again.

Comes Domesticorum

You're so adorable, Legio.

It would be cool if the Patriarch was in. He's the Patriarch. Aria's patriarch.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Played through the new DLC and I like it, the mad prophet did make me laugh.

I downloaded the Omega DLC last week but haven't had time to play it. Probably won't for ages anyway (Skyrim of course). Not too bothered about spoiling it for myself so;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Does the data you had the option to hand over to the dodgy Salarian in ME 2 come back to bite Aria in the arse on this DLC? I did it in the hopes of screwing over that smug cow in any future encounters. Ergo is this so in the new DLC?

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    I downloaded the Omega DLC last week but haven't had time to play it. Probably won't for ages anyway (Skyrim of course). Not too bothered about spoiling it for myself so;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Does the data you had the option to hand over to the dodgy Salarian in ME 2 come back to bite Aria in the arse on this DLC? I did it in the hopes of screwing over that smug cow in any future encounters. Ergo is this so in the new DLC?
    It appears to be completely seperate from the main game, as in your previous choices don't have any consequence.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by _Elysium_ View Post
    It appears to be completely seperate from the main game, as in your previous choices don't have any consequence.
    Sounds exactly like the main game to me ololo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

yep
    In resume by ME3 and his dlcs. Overral meh, with some gems on it. Thats what i feel ME3 is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    lol, true.

Mass Effect 3 is a fake-non-linear game. Its just a single corridor insert cut scene here game like everything else these days. At least BG2 which was fairly linear had areas to explore and some choices.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Guy's where can I buy ME3 online, I got ME2 on steam but can't find ME3! Where is it?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

You have to use Origin, which is EA's equivalent of Steam.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Hey and if you get it for PC add me and we can play ;D

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    You have to use Origin, which is EA's equivalent horrible attempt at a software platform and a blatant copy of Steam.
    Sorry, just had to fix that for you.

Anyway, I played Omega a few weeks ago. Felt really short, but then again I played it near the end of my second run through with that character, so maybe I was a little too well equipped. Still, I expected a little more expansiveness for something that cost (I think) $5 more than Leviathan.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Omega DLC sucked, dialogue with Aria seemed so forced and unrealistic, they talked about the assault like it was a picnic. Audio in general got worse with this game, so many conversions don't have any music playing in the background any more like it was back in the previous two games. I feel like that added so much to the immersion and "emotion" of a scene. Also, some of the scenes that are intended to be cinematic just fall flat and end up being completely awkward, one example is if Miranda and her sister get killed; Shepard's sorrow lasts like half a second. No emotions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Omega DLC sucked, dialogue with Aria seemed so forced and unrealistic, they talked about the assault like it was a picnic. Audio in general got worse with this game, so many conversions don't have any music playing in the background any more like it was back in the previous two games. I feel like that added so much to the immersion and "emotion" of a scene. Also, some of the scenes that are intended to be cinematic just fall flat and end up being completely awkward, one example is if Miranda and her sister get killed; Shepard's sorrow lasts like half a second. No emotions at all.
    Im always able to save both of them btw. But i get what you say, ME games are less and less RPGs but more and more third person linear action shooters. You cant even talk with your companions anymore like it used to, it was less on ME2 and nonexistent on ME3.
    What i feel is the last game is fast food in comparison to the other previous games.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

That's exactly why I just cba replaying ME3 or even bother playing any of the DLC's, even though I downloaded Leviathan. You don't have any control or freedom to make Shepard the character you want him to be. In ME1 and ME2, you choose virtually every line Shepard says. When you get to ME3, you know the game has failed when your Paragon Shepard starts racially abusing a Hanar and you can't do anything to stop it.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Im always able to save both of them btw. But i get what you say, ME games are less and less RPGs but more and more third person linear action shooters. You cant even talk with your companions anymore like it used to, it was less on ME2 and nonexistent on ME3.
    What i feel is the last game is fast food in comparison to the other previous games.
    Yeah, I saved them too, but I went to Youtube to see what happens if you don't. Very disappointed.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I did notice Shepard starting to talk all of a sudden, and I'm like "who gave you permission to speak?".

But on the companions problem, I don't feel like there's less dialogue with them. First of all, how much can you talk to Garrus about in the third game he appears? You already know his entire life, and even so, there's still enough dialogue given the circumstances. Plus, it's cool to see them talk to each other for a change, bumping into them on the ship.
    No.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Finished a new trilogy couple of weeks ago 74 hours well spent.