Thread: Mass Effect 3

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Apparently the original ending which was suppose to be dark energy was changed after someone leaked the details or something so two of the writers changed everything and ignored everyone else. And now their story telling skills suck so much that they dont even see it. them.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    In the interview he says around 6 mins that they cant rewrite the ending because they just cant do it, they wouldnt know how to change the story.

Enough said...
    Haha, absolutely true. If you don't know how to write an ending that actually logically flows from the story you've been writing... if you don't know how to write an ending that doesn't suddenly change the entire theme of the franchise, and doesn't suddenly invalidate everything you've been doing, and doesn't rely on a figure like the Catalyst whom you could literally remove without it affecting anything at all then... you're a bad writer!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

DarkArk I dont think he is connected to the internet at all on his Xbox. Not just Gold. What cost $50 otherthan an internet provider?

In the interview he says around 6 mins that they cant rewrite the ending because they just cant do it, they wouldnt know how to change the story.

Enough said... dont even bother with this DLC, there will be no change. Just more pretty pictures and lines.

Maybe some grunts will also make it into the citadel and there will be a bigger battle inside. Maybe the corridor paths will look different because it didnt make sense how shep was talking to anderson but couldnt see him.
    Well, I believe that a network connector/ adaptor for the 360 costs somewhere around $50. I'm not sure about that though. Plus, I really just don' know how to put it together. I could figure it out, but I've never had to. I also don't see the point in spending $50 in the equipment to get XBOX Live Silver just so I could download the DLC that should've been included in the game in the first place.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

What is this adapter? You xbox didnt come with a internet plug? I just plug my internet cable into the back of the xbox. The other end of the internet cable attaches to the router.

My XBOX did not come with an internet plug, and my router is not anywhere near my XBOX in my house, so I'd need the wireless XBOX internet adaptor, which costs around $50.

Oh well, if I have the ime, I'll go out nd buy one, but I ant to wait until after the EC comes out, to see it's inevitable angry response from fans.

What about buying another router to put in your room? And I didnt mean some Xbox plug I mean a usual normal internet cable. Your xbox should have a little hole in the back for internet cables to plug into. But obviously you cant stretch it throughout your home.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    My XBOX did not come with an internet plug, and my router is not anywhere near my XBOX in my house, so I'd need the wireless XBOX internet adaptor, which costs around $50.

Oh well, if I have the ime, I'll go out nd buy one, but I ant to wait until after the EC comes out, to see it's inevitable angry response from fans.
    you can always plug in the Xbox near the router just while you DL the thing, I used to do that.
    Patronized by Hader.

Apparently the original ending which was suppose to be dark energy was changed after someone leaked the details or something so two of the writers changed everything and ignored everyone else. And now their story telling skills suck so much that they dont even see it. them.
    Totally agree!
    I will not even bother to play the last mission to see extended bull.... I will just see it on youtube. 0 expectation=0 disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    you can always plug in the Xbox near the router just while you DL the thing, I used to do that.
    That might actually work. Thanks for the suggestions, Mathias and Nyxos. Maybe I'll finally be able to download all those pesky DLCs that come with all my Collector's Editions.

Yeah if you bought the collectors you might as well get what you paid for.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Just tried to start a second playthrough of ME3 with my renegade femshep and I quit in the middle of the opening cutscene. Completely hated how on rails the conversations are and lack of dialogue options. Just kills off any desire for me to replay the game. On the other hand I have about 6 playthroughs of ME1 and ME2 each...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Yeah, the beginning is pretty brutal to replay. It gets more tolerable around the middle, though.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Marauder SHields 26 is out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now, this is how you do it, BW, how you make your audience care for the death of innocents. Not by putting in some annoying brat whom 99% of players would gladly strangle to death with their own bare hands

Yep, another superb episode that wipes the floor with the official ending (and probably the EC).
    And again, a load of hints to other things to figure out, of course.
    - NCC 1701-E: The registry number of Star Trek's Enterprise E, of course.
    - Vimes: Commander of the Night Watch from Terry Pratchett's Disc World universe
    - Birkin & Wesker: Resident Evil
    - Czerka Corporation: Knights of the Old Republic

And a "yay" for the Elcor actor and tank. Probably the actor from the latest "Blasto" movie.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Poor girl

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Yep, another superb episode that wipes the floor with the official ending (and probably the EC).
    And again, a load of hints to other things to figure out, of course.
    - NCC 1701-E: The registry number of Star Trek's Enterprise E, of course.
    - Vimes: Commander of the Night Watch from Terry Pratchett's Disc World universe
    - Birkin & Wesker: Resident Evil
    - Czerka Corporation: Knights of the Old Republic

And a "yay" for the Elcor actor and tank. Probably the actor from the latest "Blasto" movie.
    - Seth Brundle & 'Brundlefly' from the great 1980s sci-fi movie 'The Fly', starring Jeff Goldblum.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What exactly is this "maraduar shields" anyways?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    What exactly is this "maraduar shields" anyways?
    It's a ME3 meme. A Marauder was the last enemy you fought before the ending. They had shields over their health. So the idea is that the Marauder was trying to shield Shepard from the ending.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It basically started as a joke amongst angry fans, and then the creators of it proved they could write a far better ending than Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    - Seth Brundle & 'Brundlefly' from the great 1980s sci-fi movie 'The Fly', starring Jeff Goldblum.
    Honestly never watched it, so I couldn't figure that one out.