Default Re: Mass Effect 3

I'm not

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    OOH!

I'm excited.
    I'm not.

I do not want plot holes, lore inconsistencies and character assassination "clarified".

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I have a naturally sunny disposition and think that they will show me my little blue children.

THERE

Tribunus

BLUE CHILDREN!

I'll go into it with an open mind, but I think it'll take a miracle to fix it without any meaningful change.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

They completely lied to everyone to begin with, so why should I get my hopes up and trust them now? Especially because of a simple interview (in which, by the way, they make it sound as if the EC was solely their idea and the community outrage had nothing to do with it) that presents nothing but more empty marketing talk that tries to cover up the fact that they up the ending and the community proved to be more capable at doing their job than they themselves did?
    I'll remain sceptical and reserve judgement until I see what they're doing with the EC.

In any case: Marauder Shields audiobook to Episode 12.
    http://koobismo.deviantart.com/art/M...Akoobismo&qo=0
    Now introducing "Biotic Exhaustion Syndrome".
    Last edited by Tankfriend; June 22, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

We'll see how it goes. I feel like I wasted 10 minutes watching that interview though. It's just all the standard PR talk and they were just repeating themselves. Would have been nice to hear them talk about some of the key problems people have with the ending instead.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

I think I'll just wait for full clips to show up on YouTube, not really interested in buying it again or getting it through GameFly knowing it'll probably be a disappointment.

Also...I WANT MY BLUE CHILDREN!!!!
    Last edited by DekuTrash; June 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Hmmmmm...

The interview mentions that to access the extra content you'll have to load up a save from before attacking the Cerberus base.....

Why not a save from down in London? Make me wonder, just how much are they changing under the guise of 'clarification'...?

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    We'll see how it goes. I feel like I wasted 10 minutes watching that interview though. It's just all the standard PR talk and they were just repeating themselves. Would have been nice to hear them talk about some of the key problems people have with the ending instead.
    I loved the "we can't make another ending because we wouldn't know how to write that story."

We know, Bioware. That's because Mac Walters is a horrible writer. If you don't know how to write a story that doesn't rely on a deus ex machina, plot-invalidating, cliché-ridden spacekid sequence that ignores every choice you made in the franchise up to that point (or rather, up to the end of Rannoch because after that the game becomes a regular TPS), then that's only because you don't know how to write stories at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    Hmmmmm...

The interview mentions that to access the extra content you'll have to load up a save from before attacking the Cerberus base.....

Why not a save from down in London? Make me wonder, just how much are they changing under the guise of 'clarification'...?
    The game calculates your EMS when you attack Cerberus, and the epilogue sequence will in part be based on your EMS. That's why.

Ah, I see. I was being too optimistic. Should have learned by now, really.

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

No point polishing a turd. The ending was awful, plain and simple. Trying to clarify it will just leave EA with a sticky mess.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLewis View Post
    that's why I haven't bothered to listen to it and just read the text content. BW hasn't learned from their ME3 PR mistakes. There's no humility in them, no acceptance of their missteps, only arrogance. Hell, they even disabled the rating in their podcast. Why not turn off the comments? Why do you need the fans at all?
    I will wait and see the EC, I waited for it, but now on the edge of its release I'm skeptical and don't care much. BW is dead as it was

In the end, I hope I'll get at least my blue children, it's the only thing I expect to happen in the EC out of the long desired list

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    The game calculates your EMS when you attack Cerberus, and the epilogue sequence will in part be based on your EMS. That's why.
    The game also conveniently saves right before the attack on the Cerberus base and restores that savegame after you finish the game and continue from the glorious "Get da DLC!" note.
    As for the EC: It's only supposed to be ~2GB or something. At least imho, that's simply not enough space for any meaningful changes.

Tribunus

Just as a method of comparison, the total HHD space taken up by ME3 is around 15GB.

Similarly Skyrim, on release, came to around 6GB total. Size is irrelevant to content once you get past about 1GB, it becomes an optimisation race at that point.

Hmmmmm...

I wondered that, particularly as I paused in London to await the DLC. No harm done though, as I found upon loading a previous save that the Space Hamster was on board the Normandy all this time .
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Hmmmmm...

I literally just started the attack on the Cerberus base i my only ME3 save, the one that I haven't finished because I don't feel like witnessin that ending in my own game.

THE EC doesn't affect me at all, because I don't have XBOX Live, and I don't want to pay the $50 to connect to the internet on the 360, and the $5 per month. What the EC makes me wonder is if the EC will be unattainable when XBOX live for the 360 shuts down when the new XBOX comes out.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

THE EC doesn't affect me at all, because I don't have XBOX Live, and I don't want to pay the $50 to connect to the internet on the 360, and the $5 per month. What the EC makes me wonder is if the EC will be unattainable when XBOX live for the 360 shuts down when the new XBOX comes out.
    You can still download things without having to pay for Gold.

I for one am curious just how much it changes. I didn't think the endings were that horrible really, the whole end sequence with the Catalyst was just a way to shoehorn in a choice so they could have a big decision at the end.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

DarkArk I dont think he is connected to the internet at all on his Xbox. Not just Gold. What cost $50 otherthan an internet provider?

In the interview he says around 6 mins that they cant rewrite the ending because they just cant do it, they wouldnt know how to change the story.

Enough said... dont even bother with this DLC, there will be no change. Just more pretty pictures and lines.

Maybe some grunts will also make it into the citadel and there will be a bigger battle inside. Maybe the corridor paths will look different because it didnt make sense how shep was talking to anderson but couldnt see him.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; June 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

yeah...... this DLC doesn't improve anything. if the ending was a "slap" on the face this extending ending its simply an extended "slap" on the face FOR FREE !!!! feels they're mocking with the ME franchise fans!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.