Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

An important thing for the upcoming April 1st.
    Bioware has made it clear that there will be no official announcements regarding ME3 on that day, so don't buy into anything of the sort that you might read, see or hear somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ Priestly
    Ok, I am getting well ahead of this and let me be very clear.

THERE WILL BE NO MASS EFFECT 3 ANNOUNCMENTS MADE ON SUNDAY APRIL 1

It is April Fool's Day on April 1. There will undoubtedly be a number of fake, joke, false, etc comments made about Mass Effect 3. NONE of them are true. It doesn't matter where you see the post or who it claims it is made by. We are NOT announcing anything on Sunday April 1.

As mentioned by Dr Ray Muzyka in his blog post, we will have more Mass Effect 3 information in April, but it will not be made on April 1.

Thanks.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10812276

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

More importantly, have the cupcakes been delivered yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    More importantly, have the cupcakes been delivered yet?
    Yes, Bioware donated them to a youth center.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Quote Originally Posted by Cooraan View Post
    Yes, Bioware donated them to a youth center.
    Torturing even more young minds with a lack of choice despite their different colours? Shame on them!

Let me quote myself about the cupcakes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Guys, try going through this
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...th-Mass-Effect
    interactive story(stories)
    It's great

and the choices matter
    AWESOME!

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Can someone explain to me why if you choose to upload the Reaper code to the Geth to make them intelligent and whatnot, it results in the complete destruction of the Quarian fleet...? Why does the Geth fleet destroy them? I thought it wasn't really made clear at the time what decision you were making by choosing to upload the code, I thought the Quarians wouldn't like it but that there would be peace. Just seems like cheap drama, especially with Legion having to kill himself to spread the code (why? how?) and what's-her-face jumping off the cliff.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Can someone explain to me why if you choose to upload the Reaper code to the Geth to make them intelligent and whatnot, it results in the complete destruction of the Quarian fleet...? Why does the Geth fleet destroy them? I thought it wasn't really made clear at the time what decision you were making by choosing to upload the code, I thought the Quarians wouldn't like it but that there would be peace. Just seems like cheap drama, especially with Legion having to kill himself to spread the code (why? how?) and what's-her-face jumping off the cliff.
    They did that because of the choices you made. The Quarians and Geth stayed friends with each other on my game after i uploaded the code and they didn't detroy each other and nor did tali kill herself.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

What choices would cause the Quarians to keep attacking and force the Geth to destroy them? I told the Quarians to withdraw earlier so I don't know why they were still attacking the Geth fleet following the Reaper's destruction.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

The situation is dependent on decisions and results from both ME2 and ME3, as far as I know, but what exactly is or isn't necessary for the best result is still a matter of debate, apparently.
    Here's what the ME Wiki has to say about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Wiki
    Note: There are so many variables contributing to the Reputation check that, as yet, there is no confirmed understanding of how the game arrives at a pass/fail calculation; even the analysis in the Prima Game official strategy guide has been proven incorrect. As such, readers should take all the following with a grain of salt, and feel free to contribute their own observations to this mission's Talk page where the fandom is continuing to refine its understanding of this pivotal moment. But as to our current analysis, it is thus:
    First, there are factors which seem to be purely pass/fail; missing even one of them flunks the Reputation check:

• Shepard must have at least four bars of Reputation.
    • Tali and Legion must both be present.
    • The player must have imported a save from Mass Effect 2.
    • You must save Admiral Koris

Additionally, there are more factors which build up Shepard's trustworthiness to both parties; if Shepard has not done enough of them, s/he will not have the groundswell of goodwill and be unable to moderate a cease-fire. They are:

• Destroying or rewriting the heretic geth in Legion: A House Divided. In shipboard conversation, you can ask Legion about the repercussions of your decision, and it will mention either that the heretics were strongly in favor of allying with the "Old Machines," or that their absence made the consensus more difficult to achieve.
    • Preventing Tali's exile in Tali: Treason. If you did not import a save, Tali will have been exiled and will not have be able to support Shepard with an Admiral's authority.
    • Brokering a peace in the Tali/Legion loyalty argument. It is not currently known what Shepard's "canon" decision on the loyalty argument is (if any) if you did not import a save, nor if it impacts dialogue here.
    • Completing Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons. This may be a pass/fail factor, as players have reported being unable to access the compromise without it, despite having done much or all of the other activities. Legion references it during the conversation, asking the question that started the Morning War: "Does this unit have a soul?"
    In my case, I imported a savegame into ME3 and solved all things in question in the "best" manner possible, so I got the chance to solve the Quarian-Geth conflict in ME3 in the "best" way possible, too.
    ME2
    - Make sure that both Tali and Legion are alive and part of your squad at the end of ME2
    - Solve Tali's loyalty mission and make sure she is not exiled from the Migrant Fleet, so she can become an Admiral and speak against the war in ME3; I don't know if it's necessary, but preferably get this result without revealing what her father was working on
    - Solve Legion's loyalty mission and destroy the Heretic Geth; I've read that "Destroy" isn't strictly necessary, but it makes the matter of getting the best result in ME3 a lot easier; in terms of war asset losses and increases, both decisions balance each other out completely (it's +/- 150 points for both sides in either decision path)
    - Solve the dispute between Tali and Legion with the Paragon/Renegade option to get the two of them to snap out of it and develop some form of trust between them
    - Speak out against the war plans when on the Migrant Fleet

ME3
    - Generally side with the Geth and speak out against the war whenever possible
    - Solve all sidemissions on Rannoch before going for the final mission there
    - Make sure you save Admiral Koris on Rannoch, so he can get the Civilian Fleet back in line and speak out against the war
    - You probably need to get a good-enough amount of Paragon/Renegade and Reputation points, as well

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    What choices would cause the Quarians to keep attacking and force the Geth to destroy them? I told the Quarians to withdraw earlier so I don't know why they were still attacking the Geth fleet following the Reaper's destruction.
    Yeah, you have to rack up a number of 'decision points' in 2.

At least our choices matter in all the sub-stories, to bad it didn't in the ending.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Part two of that video someone posted earlier in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by PGeo36 View Post
    At least our choices matter in all the sub-stories, to bad it didn't in the ending.
    thats what bothers many, if they made it work for the whole game why it suddenly don't at the end

anyway i will only play sp again if they fix it, then perhaps will do a whole me marathon from 1st to the 3rd

for now i'm just mp now that i got my nice combo widow + revenant i just hope they double the mp maps
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Nice catch there General Brittanicus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    anyway i will only play sp again if they fix it, then perhaps will do a whole me marathon from 1st to the 3rd
    Did that for my first playthrough of ME3, and god was I surprised at the ending...
    I've forced myself to go through an NG+ with the same character just for the sake of getting the "best" ending myself at least once, but I somehow lost all motivation now that I'm standing right in front of the last mission. Well, that's basically what happens with any game I'm trying to go through in ME3, for that matter.
    for now i'm just mp now that i got my nice combo widow + revenant i just hope they double the mp maps
    Let me guess - you're dragging all that heavy stuff around on an adept or engineer?
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 31, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Did that for my first playthrough of ME3, and god was I surprised at the ending...
    I've forced myself to go through an NG+ with the same character just for the sake of getting the "best" ending myself at least once, but I somehow lost all motivation now that I'm standing right in front of the last mission. Well, that's basically what happens with any game I'm trying to go through in ME3, for that matter.
    Let me guess - you're dragging all that heavy stuff around on an adept or engineer?
    I'm gonna do a play-through to get the worse ending, if it's gonna be crappy, it might as well be really crappy.
    Patronized by Hader.

You can view the cutscenes on PC if you have a program capable of playing .bik files. It doesn't have sound then (which comes from the game itself, I guess), but you can save yourself the depressing effort of completing a meaningless runthrough that way.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 31, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

You can view the cutscenes on PC if you have a program capable of playing .bik files. You can save yourself the effort of completing a run-through that way.
    or I can use youtube...

My shepard will not need squad mates to get crappy endings. I shall recruit no one.
    Patronized by Hader.

Yeah, or use youtube.

vanguard. i tried engineer but just didnt worked well for me, i just play vanguard-sentinel well others too but just sometimes
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.