Thread: Mass Effect 3

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Javik is the best and honest i respect him alot

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

yep. javik is pretty much the best character in the series.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Liara's anger is completely understandable. To discover that the entirety of your culture's history is a lie, that your people are the result of genetic engineering by an alien race and that your technological superiority is the result of secretly copying the tech of that same alien race, all while watching your homeworld be destroyed by a machine race?

Worst. Day. Ever.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

and the fact that the only living speciment of that same race that uplifted her people has been an ass to her all the time didn't help either

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    If you haven't already, take Javik and Liara with you on Thessia. Watching her go off on him once you're back on Normandy was fascinating.
    That happens even if you don't take him with you to Thessia. I had Garrus with me the first time around, and he kept nagging Liara about the matter at hand all the time, which was pretty fun, too. After the mission, Liara still had that run-in with Javik.

The protheans were probably the race that resisted the Reapers for the longest time. If it weren“t for the crucible, the current cycle would be slaughtered in a century or less. While they kept alive much longer.

But I think the prothean rifle in SP is pretty crappy. Sure it auto-recharges but damage isn“t very good.

Eikki's Avatar Centenarius

Its really heavy too. Playing as infiltrator in SP I love the geth weapon combo. Plasma Shotgun and javelin are two of the coolest weapons in game, although the black widow is more practical and easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post
    The protheans were probably the race that resisted the Reapers for the longest time. If it weren“t for the crucible, the current cycle would be slaughtered in a century or less. While they kept alive much longer.

But I think the prothean rifle in SP is pretty crappy. Sure it auto-recharges but damage isn“t very good.
    Upgrade it, put a cover piercing and ammo mod on, then slap on an ammo power (preferably something with area of effect, like incendiary with explosive upgrade). Then, watch your enemies burn.
    Oh, another important thing: You have to keep pressing the trigger, because the gun only gets to full power after a short time of continously firing. Tap-using it like a semi-auto gun (e.g. Mattock) is the wrong way.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

You know Javik has a single rule; if a machine can speak, he kills it. Best rule ever.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    You would think the reason would be so bioware could make it a bit more difficult to get 5000+ EMS, but since you need multiplayer to do that anyway it does make the planet scanning rather pointless.
    Well i just finish thessia and my war assets are 6000 plus a few 200 or so i dont play online, so my rediness is still 50% meaing the effective war assets are 3000+ or so im not sure if its enough to have shepard live at the end, but my bar is full and the odds are even. I must say its a ME1 and ME2 save game with full paragon choices on all games, not a single renegade option, and have been played all DLCs so i have kasumi and zaeed, as well the spectre unit as war asset, as well the batarian terrorist and his fleets that you enconter on ME1. again you need to save the humans and let the batarians escape on ME1 to have this. And i have alot more assets because i play all DLCs avaible.

I wonder if the same is possible to have a "good" ending by going full renegade. Anyone knows?

I dont mind the side quests i usualy have the habit of doing all quests on all Mass effect games.
    I dont like lose ends if you know what i mean.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Is it possible to get over 3k with a Renegade? Yup. Is it possible to hit 4k with either? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Well i just finish thessia and my war assets are 6000 plus a few 200 or so i dont play online, so my rediness is still 50% meaing the effective war assets are 3000+ or so im not sure if its enough to have shepard live at the end, but my bar is full and the odds are even. I must say its a ME1 and ME2 save game with full paragon choices on all games, not a single renegade option, and have been played all DLCs so i have kasumi and zaeed, as well the spectre unit as war asset, as well the batarian terrorist and his fleets that you enconter on ME1. again you need to save the humans and let the batarians escape on ME1 to have this. And i have alot more assets because i play all DLCs avaible.

I wonder if the same is possible to have a "good" ending by going full renegade. Anyone knows?

I dont mind the side quests i usualy have the habit of doing all quests on all Mass effect games.
    I dont like lose ends if you know what i mean.
    To have Shepard live I believe you need 4000+ ems without single player and 5000+ with it, but if you dont play multiplayer you won't be able to get either of them, which i expect will mean your Shepard will not live. Also there is no point in increasing EMS anyway since all the endings are basically the same apart from the fact that you will get an extra 3 seconds of cutscene if you get enough.

Spoiler for EMS for the ending
    You need at least 4000 points of Effective Military Strength to see Shepard alive at the end of the game, provided you convincend TIM to commit suicide at the end or you shot TIM with the Renegade interrupt. If you didn't get either, you need at least 5000 points EMS.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

any way to cheat the war-readyness?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

MP

Yes someone modded the EMS thing. It goes %98 wish i could find the link but i forgot .

there is a better way using gibed editor. ill PM you guys.

_Elysium_'s Avatar Biarchus

I've read that you can edit the Coalesced file to change how much each war asset contributes. I've seen a screenshot where someone had more than 60,000 EMS.

There is a whole thread on Coalesced editing at GameFAQs.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Man that would be a godsend. I hate those little crappy quests that involve scanning 20 systems then running about the Citadel handing in 20 items to 20 different people. I just really really CBA replaying ME3 again because of those.

Why did I buy it on console.

Marauder Shields, Episode 12.
    Not a happy ending for this one, but you can be sure hits the fan soon, once the Reapers find out who they just off.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 28, 2012 at 08:29 AM.