Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Only i who can see how rushed this game is? i mean all the side missions where you scan planets... wtf? why is that even there?
    You would think the reason would be so bioware could make it a bit more difficult to get 5000+ EMS, but since you need multiplayer to do that anyway it does make the planet scanning rather pointless.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I personally do the scanning regardless of my desire to have higher EMS (I do play MP every so often): I tend to spend a lot of money on weapon upgrades, since I like to either A. be able to carry lots of weapons without being handicapped or B. I like to have my powers recharge super fast...

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I personally do the scanning regardless of my desire to have higher EMS (I do play MP every so often): I tend to spend a lot of money on weapon upgrades, since I like to either A. be able to carry lots of weapons without being handicapped or B. I like to have my powers recharge super fast...
    thats pretty valid, however I just cheated to get more money. And since you are only able to get up to lvl 5 weapons on the first playthrough and for some strange thing you cant upgrade all weapons to lvl 10 on your 2nd playthrough as well, probably due that I went for veteran instead of insanity.

BTW the best squad mate rifle is the n7 falcon, definitely without a doubt. They can throw people out of cover and stagger them. Best sniper rifle is the widow, smg Im torn between the m12 and the m9, the best pistol is the talon. Still trying to see whats the best shotgun is, Im giving the claymore for now.

Went as a soldier in my playthrough, the best combo was widow and disciple or some other very light smg like the m4
    Last edited by karamazovmm; March 24, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I'm officially pissed. Bought Collectors Edition for $80 but dont have Live or an XBOX internet connection so I can't Download the Prothean , and now only a few weeks later the Regular edition is down to less than $40.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I'm officially pissed. Bought Collectors Edition for $80 but dont have Live or an XBOX internet connection so I can't Download the Prothean , and now only a few weeks later the Regular edition is down to less than $40.
    I got it with 40€ at the start

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

We've already seen Marauder Shields around, but his three companions always get ignored. But no longer - they now star in their very own blockbuster movie alongside Marauder Shields.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 25, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Amazing.

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    We've already seen Marauder Shields around, but his three companions always get ignored. But no longer - they now star in their very own blockbuster movie alongside Marauder Shields.
    Shut up and take my money!
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

Marauder Shields, Episode 11.
    The series continues with telling us more about the other important characters at the ending, so, again, no Marauder Shields himself.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

but, but... she was dead...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Not if you warned her about Leng.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Marauder Shields, Episode 11.
    The series continues with telling us more about the other important characters at the ending, so, again, no Marauder Shields himself.
    What? No ass shot?

The author isn't from Bioware, so... no.

Edit:
    In case you didn't know... Bioware apparently had another DLC like "From Ashes" in the making.
    Meet "Moe", the Other Prothean.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 26, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

lol just completed the game... And man i had heard that the ending was ... Haha but seriously if i tried to think of the worst possible ending, i wouldnt had been able to pull that one off
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

If you haven't already, take Javik and Liara with you on Thessia. Watching her go off on him once you're back on Normandy was fascinating.

Maybe its because she was three years with shepard, but she's a terrible professional arqueologist. I mean the way she idealized the prothean empire, comparing its context to other modern goverments, her frustration at javik and her refusal to accept prothean intervention on Asari history over a godess?
    Maybe Asari science and history works differently than ours but as far as i know this isnt von daniken spouting and yelling aliens at things. This is a universe in which past intelligent alienlife is so well aknowledged that she can have a PHD on prothean history, this is a universe in which prothean relics have been found and implied observation posts on most homeworlds. Prothean intervention shouldnt have come as a surprise to her, it should have been the final confirming evidence of a longstanding and probably controversial (in the science vs religion way) theory that you'd think Liara was part of.
    As for Javik, the moment she accepted he was just a foot soldier should have been the moment that you learn you cant speak to him in your own terms and judgement, you just cant do this in modern anthropology. You cant past judgment on cultures so distant in time and space with you, especially if your trying to understand them.
    But I repeat, she could have been frustrated at the lack of answers in such a terrible time, she had to deal with her goverments lack of disclosure on the subject that I bet she would have loved to take part of prothean or not, everyone has a bit of bias.
    Dont get me wrong, for all her things I grew to like Liara most of all (except garrus and wrex) but she should deal with it >: (
    In my ending she does a proper study on prothean culture in this one in a billion life time opportunity to actually have one narrarating events and with access to technology like the shards.
    Last edited by saxdude; March 26, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Tribunus

I mean the way she idealized the prothean empire
    Because, as we all know, modern historians have a nigh on perfect grasp of the society and culture of the Classical period. And have never idealised/incorrectly dismissed it to suit their view and their needs.

You're right about the not being surprised at intervention but consider it like this, what does that intervention now imply about their entire culture? Ours even.
    Last edited by Magicman2051; March 26, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Because, as we all know, modern historians have a nigh on perfect grasp of the society and culture of the Classical period. And have never bothered to idealise it.
    There are two people, both greek. One is a professional arqueologist and the other is a regular person with a small grasp on history other than the fact that he has one and its supposed to be awesome. So say these two found a capsule that contained non other than Alexander the great. They revive him and talk to them with magical tech that translates ancient dialects. He turns out to be a megalomaniacal douchebag imperialist, thats just full on gay, I mean hardcore I only like dicks and that pussy is for my babies gay.
    One of the formally mentioned men snaps at Alexander, calls him out for being an and gay and gets up into a heated argument of how thats not how his culture was supposed to be like, the other calmly talks to him and gets into his head to get all the information he requires. Even if he was dissapointed at the revelation.
    Which of those 2 men was it? Who do you think should have the professional training to calmly deal with alexander and exploit the situation as best he could? Apparently the regular guy with a small grasp on history and other cultures can do better. Her reaction was understandable as I know that even some professionals have a stick to high up their butt to backdown from a claim even under overwelming evidence against it, but the way they made Liara out to be she didnt seem like one of them She was still a very young Asari. Probably the stress I suppose.
    You're right about the not being surprised at intervention but consider it like this, what does that intervention now imply about their entire culture? Ours even.
    Consider what they know, there have been civilizations for billions of years, all cycled every 50,000 years. Even Javik himself admits that they took much technology from a civilization before them. It doesnt say nothing about your culture because you still had 50,000 years of development behind you on your own. They were a big part of your history, like Spain was to Mexico, Rome and germania to Britain, etc, etc.
    Like I said, this isnt Von Daniken crap, this is a theory that may well be hundreds of years old and with evidence to support it.

Not to say she was a bad character, just that she got too worked up about it, probably due to stress.
    Last edited by saxdude; March 26, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Liara's reaction was mostly the result of terrible stress at seeing the destruction of her civilization, the thousands of years of evolution. She just needed to vent, and an arrogant b*** Javik was the closest target. Love how my Shep put him down (well, I don't say I didn't like Javik, he had his moments)