Thread: Trouble With Install

Brucha's Avatar Civis

Default Trouble With Install

I have been reading similiar difficulties in installing the 2.75 mod, and have found that I too cannot install the mod correctly. So, I started from scratch, uninstalled my MtW2 game and erased the files, then re-installed Medieval II Kingdoms Gold Edition.

After a clean MtW2 install, I then downloaded a fresh Ren2.75 rar file for the mod. I was careful to install to destination folder:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

I realise the exe mod file will create its own Renaissance folder as it installs. I removed any attempt of the exe file to add a "Renaissance" or "Renaissance2.75" to the destination path. The error message I got was " cannot open/create uninstall.exe file" - the install was then aborted.

I ran the install exe file again, and got a second error message "cannot open/create ren.bat file".

I even tried running it as Admin but got the same errors.

With some mods for RtW, I have to extract the files by hand and paste them myself. I installed the files from the ren.exe file to my desktop, which was a Ren2.75 batch file and the main Ren Total War 2.75 folder (I renamed the folder to just Renaissance). I then removed the Ren .bat and .cfg files and put them into my main MtW2 folder.

Unfortunately, the game loads into normal MtW2. I assume that the problem is an io problem in the config.txt, so I changed the txt to only this:

[io]
    file_first = true

[features]
    mod = Renaissance

[game]
    advanced_stats_always = 0
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ai_factions = skip
    allusers = 1
    auto_save = 1
    blind_advisor = 0
    campaign_map_game_speed = 10
    campaign_map_speed_up = 0
    campaign_num_time_play = 184
    chat_msg_duration = 10000
    disable_arrow_markers = 1
    disable_events = 0
    english = 0
    event_cutscenes = 1
    fatigue = 1
    first_time_play = 0
    label_characters = 0
    label_settlements = 1
    micromanage_all_settlements = 1
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 0
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 1
    pref_factions_played = 40474
    tutorial_battle_played = 0
    tutorial_path = norman_prologue/battle_of_hastings
    unit_size = normal
    use_quickchat = 0

It still loads into normal MtW2

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I wanted to be specific as to the overall installation problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated>
    Last edited by Brucha; October 03, 2010 at 08:51 PM.

1. Kiedy Storice Bylo Bogiem - When the Sun was a God (using Rio's FLAGELLVM DEI mod) - currently playing

Default Re: Trouble With Install

Hi,
    youre not alone - unfortunately
    There are also other dudes with the install problem - so i guess the renaissance file is broken.
    The config file cant be the problem - i use this pattern for any own ME2 mod.
    Please try OwnRen ... i hope i can fix the renaissance file.

Brucha's Avatar Civis

Thank you for the reply, Condottiere Giovanni dīMedici, but can you clarify about installing the OwnRen files? Are they only fixes and not the entire folder needed to play the mod? I read your thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post7147814

but I am confused as to the installation of these files. Do I need to made a mod folder, titled, Renaissance and then plaste the OwnRen files into?

1. Kiedy Storice Bylo Bogiem - When the Sun was a God (using Rio's FLAGELLVM DEI mod) - currently playing

Hi,
    sorry didnt clarify this point before.
    It is a standalone mod and Renaissance isnt needed - just unpack in your ME2 folder.
    The config and bat files are already outside the main folder - so no extra work is needed.

Brucha's Avatar Civis

Hmm , I unpacked the OwnREn file into my main MtW2 folder, along with the bat and cfg, and then tried the OwnRen bat to launch the game - it just started up as regular MtW2. Am I missing something?

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Just wanted to say I have the same issue. Both Renaissance and OwnRen launch the vanilla game.

kinda off topic but how did you install the m2tw gold edition? i just got it and ive only been able to install m2tw but not kingdoms. my computer says "1.03 version cannot be updated to 1.03 version."