Thread: Ranes Workshop

Default Ranes Workshop

Hello heres some of my work am working on - note this is just stuff i have done in the last week due to I lost all my work from before due to computer crash *cries*

Signatures
    -Requested Piece
    - Random native american inspired
    -Requested by Reunited Kingdom

- Dunedain inspired
    Last edited by Rane; October 04, 2010 at 08:10 AM.

Default Unfinished Artwork/Sketches

Unfinished Digital Artwork
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is an Orc I started to play about with after watching Born Of Hope!

This is my view of a balrog I was fighting 7 in Third Age Total War and got really pissed when they kicked my backside so decided to paint one!

- Concept work for the 2nd age mod, reguarding Elrond. I want to try and portray a different/personal view of Elrond and dont want to just follow in the trap of looking at the guy from matrix!! Also noted this is just a first draft to get
    a rough idea of the style and feel of Elrond

Finished Artwork

This is Rane! well.. it became the Rane logo after a while once i got rid of the poor little pigeon!
    Last edited by Rane; October 04, 2010 at 06:39 AM.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Ranes Workshop

Wow, me likey !!! +rep
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Thank you Its nice to be rep'd by a fellow artist!

Great digital paintings !

Thanks!
    Was asked to make some changes for the Elrond picture - which I agree with
    -straighten nose and chin
    -pin back ears
    -change expression to less angry
    Also added in eyebrows (note they are so thick and dark so i can paint over them yet still see the guide lines)

so heres my first attempt at changing it
    *added* this is my 1st step of bringing it to life with my odd way of doing a painting... I start with a REALLY heavy dark 1st shadow which i call the 1st understone. Basically your skin is darker then you think... so the way i always start with tones of skin is to exaggerate the darkest tones before the next stage where i build up to gradually bring down the tone. Once ive done that I go even more exaggerated on the highlights and do the same process's of washing it down.
    - Its proberly more work then is ever needed but i always do it this way.. my mind cant cope other wise haha!
    *Second Added* Ok from here you can see the left side is getting more 'washed' and dulled down (no more puffy cheek) and the nose is starting to take shape. You will notice aswell i have only worked one side.. i always do this for some odd reason lol But i then work on the other side after before i go into colour! So its all happy days in the end!
    Last edited by Rane; October 04, 2010 at 05:52 PM.