Thread: Problems with 1.2

Default Problems with 1.2

I am sitting here in my school, brought with me Rome Total War 1.2 with RTR 6.3 on a DVD (installed because we cannot istall software on our computer by our own..) and brought with me my cd's so that I can play the game.
    I used to have RTW 1.0 on my computer here, and it worked fine (I used a no-cd crack then because I didn't want to bring the CD every day to school).
    Now, with 1.2, I have a problem. When I try start the game, I get a "Please log in as an administrator" error message, so I can't start the game..
    What can I do? I really really really want RTW 1.2 + RTR to work here at school, so that I have something to do when I have lunch-break etc.
    I can't find any NOCD-exe for 1.2 anywhere, I thought that maybe would make the game work.... now I know this will sound like I have a pirated copy, but I do not have a pirated copy of RTW, it is the real retail version!

Please help!
    Ecce homo qui est faba

adamus's Avatar Miles

Doesn't sound like a problem with the game to me - it sounds like your school has changed its settings to stop people playing games on its computers. I would suggest that they have altered the settings so that only users with an "administrator" account can run ".exe" files

Quote Originally Posted by adamus
    Doesn't sound like a problem with the game to me - it sounds like your school has changed its settings to stop people playing games on its computers. I would suggest that they have altered the settings so that only users with an "administrator" account can run ".exe" files
    Well it's just that I can play earlier versions of Rome TW, as well as another game called Hearts of Iron 2, among others. So well.. I dunno what to do..
    Ecce homo qui est faba