Thread: Siege defenses/towers not working

Default Siege defenses/towers not working

I am referring to the defenses that in base RTW fire the arrows and ballista bolts out of the guard towers and stuff. Is this deliberately disabled? If yes, how can I re-enable them? What files do I tweak? BTW, love the mod. This scratches an itch I didn't even know I had.

Default Re: Siege defenses/towers not working

Yep, deliberately disabled for the mod. There's a post floating around in the forum somewhere where Bardo goes into a bit more detail regarding the thought process that finally had them be disabled.

I'd say give it a try without the arrow and ballista towers for a little while and see if it doesn't grow on you.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Yep, deliberately disabled for the mod. There's a post floating around in the forum somewhere where Bardo goes into a bit more detail regarding the thought process that finally had them be disabled.

I'd say give it a try without the arrow and ballista towers for a little while and see if it doesn't grow on you.
    I've put in about eighty hours of gameplay into this mod. While I enjoy it defensively, it does make tackling the Barad-dûr and Minas Morgul and Minas Tirith and Isengard and the Morannon far easier than it should be. Compared with something like trying to take Minas Anor in Fourth Age.

BTW, do you know anything about porting settlements over? I kinda want to port Minas Ithil from FATW into this partly due to a glitch where it seems that wall defenders are spontaneously dying on the walls of Minas Morgul. Like, my boys at the bottom of all infantry and for some reason the archers at the top of the walls are dropping when shooting at my guys. Despite my guys being unable to reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    I've put in about eighty hours of gameplay into this mod. While I enjoy it defensively, it does make tackling the Barad-dûr and Minas Morgul and Minas Tirith and Isengard and the Morannon far easier than it should be. Compared with something like trying to take Minas Anor in Fourth Age.

BTW, do you know anything about porting settlements over? I kinda want to port Minas Ithil from FATW into this partly due to a glitch where it seems that wall defenders are spontaneously dying on the walls of Minas Morgul. Like, my boys at the bottom of all infantry and for some reason the archers at the top of the walls are dropping when shooting at my guys. Despite my guys being unable to reach them.
    Yea, there is that bug with units falling off some of the wall sections that's true. I don't know much about the coding of walls and settlements though unfortunately - I'd looked into it once ages ago and found it complicated and then found I'd need 3ds max and so promptly gave up. There are a ton of very useful guides around though. Just search the forums or broader internet.

Been almost a year, and while the style of play has grown on me, I wouldn't mind the ability to re-enable the towers and such.

Just to make some settlements like Minas Tirith be more of an achievement to seize.

And also more formidable in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    Been almost a year, and while the style of play has grown on me, I wouldn't mind the ability to re-enable the towers and such.

Just to make some settlements like Minas Tirith be more of an achievement to seize.

And also more formidable in general.
    Well glad it's growing on you.

I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to turn the towers back on - but I kind of suspect it might make settlement defence too easy for a player, especially as the AI tends to like to take its time hanging around outside settlement walls. What do you think?

I'd probably slow the rate of fire from the towers, that way it's a lot less deadly while still making a (small) difference.

I know how to do that at least.