Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer INFO

Icon2 Multiplayer INFO

RULES

I) 12.000 money for each player.
    The mod should be balanced for any amount between 10k and 15k, though some factions might become useless in some cases.

Money per team, and Max number of units per team that keeps same balance even if different number of players:
    For 1vs1 & 1vs2 == 12.000 each team == Max 20 units each team
    For 2vs2 & 2vs3 == 24.000 each team == Max 40 units each team
    For 3vs3 & 3vs4 == 36.000 each team == Max 60 units each team

II) MAP SELECTION:
    Better choose a flat map.
    No redline camping allowed.

III) FACTION SELECTION:
    The person who chooses his faction first is the "defender". The one who chooses later is the "attacker".
    If a player changes his faction, he becomes the "attacker", but I'd suggest not to repick.
    The host who selected the map should allow the other to decide who will attack (=to choose faction later).

In battle, if no player want to advance, the "attacker" is forced to move until some unit is being attacked. Shooting arrows or catapult fire count as valid attacks.

IV) ARMY SELECTION
    Suggested rules: 50% infantry

- Max 5 of the same unit.
    - Min 50% of the army must be infantry (non-cavalry, non-skirmishes, nor monsters).
    For 1vs1 battles I suggest to use 33% (1/3) in stead of 50%.

- Max 3 Mumaks/Trolls/Fellbeasts/Berserks (in total)
    - Max 2 artillery
    - Max 1 general bodyguard unit (those with horn ability, or hero portrait in unit card)

GAMERANGER

PLAYING OVER GAMERANGER

A global network where you can play clasic games like rome total war in virtual LAN
    Gameranger Download: http://www.gameranger.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Go "rometw\alexander\lotrtw" copy the 5 or 6 folders (custom, data, preferences, display, replays, saves)
    2 Go "Mods" folder in main rometw folder (JSGME mods folder)
    3 Make a new folder, name doesn't care, for example "modLOTRTW". Make a new folder inside named "alexander"
    4 Paste the folders that you copied in 1st step
    5 Run JSGME.exe (The icon with a great G in main rometw folder) and activate the mod "modLOTRTW" (folder that you created) wait a little...
    Ready, now you dont need shortcut or .bat when you execute rometw-alx.exe the LOTRTW mod will be lauched
    (6) In order to revert to initial state: Run JSGME.exe and disable the mod "modLOTRTW". You may delete the folder "Mods\modLOTRTW" that you created if you do not plan to use it again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAMACHI
    PLAYING OVER HAMACHI

Virtual LAN with limited number of players per room.
    Hamachi Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne.../Hamachi.shtml

If you have problems to see the other people into RomeTW (LAN games), you can try this: http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Rome:_Total_War

1. Log on to Hamachi
    2. Disable your primary network, not your hamachi...keep that running.
    (XP: Start > Control Panel > Network Connections)
    (Vista/W7: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center)
    3. Launch Rome: Total War and go to LAN games.
    4. Alt+Tab out and re-enable your primary network.
    5. Wait until Hamachi connects again.
    6. Alt+Tab back into the game, and you should be able to see available games.

Some screens taken from Multiplayer replays

Last edited by Bardo; April 09, 2018 at 08:51 PM.

Default Re: Multiplayer INFO

There used to be a little comunity of hamachi players, but lately we have hardly played mp battles.

We have met again for next saturday at LOTRTW ONLINE net (see first post), to try to play some 2v2 battles, everyone is invited. We used to connect arround 18:00 gmt.

I'll try to be there
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

ok!

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

The 1&3rd server is full? i want to play online but no1 is online,because i cant get in the servers..how to do that?

I have cleaned both nets.
    There are few people connected lately, but I guess there will be more people when we release a new patch.

ok thnx

Damn I'l join. haven't kicked somebody's ass for months...

wait its every saturday? last time we played i thought it was just that saturday okay then i suppose

will be today any new battle beacuse i just dl Hamachi

Rougeman's Avatar Ducenarius

im online now

i cant wait to try this

We will be playing this weekend the new v3.0 in Gameranger. Everybody is invited.
    If you enter our room, please confirm us that you have lotr-tw v3.0 installed, because many people there enters thinking it is vanilla AlexTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    We will be playing this weekend the new v3.0 in Gameranger. Everybody is invited.
    If you enter our room, please confirm us that you have lotr-tw v3.0 installed, because many people there enters thinking it is vanilla AlexTW.
    Anyone be playing this weekend on gameranger, Im new to online on Lotrtw but ive been playing a few battles with people lately. And maybe someone post a More detailed way of getting Lotrtw on hamachi no offense bardo im just new to hamachi.

Is anybody still playing? I wasn't able to host/join a single game lately...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

I'm afraid the only online players are the same as always, and lately we have hardly played.
    I try to connect on weekends in the evenings.

Matap, mandame un privado cuando puedas jugar, a ver si nos juntamos unos cuantos el proximo finde. He coincidido con Tranky o Curro de vez en cuando, y tambien he visto gente nueva, pero nunca conseguimos reunirnos 4 al mismo tiempo.

some people to play lotr online with gameranger?

Foederatus

I'm Sorry but there's a virus Trojan Gen in the gameranger file please remove it.Stalkers gonna stalk.

how do i get into a game using gameranger...i followed your instructions though

Hi, is anyone playing the mod these days?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast