Hey, thank you Crayon.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Non of the links work for me :L

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Nevermind, works with dropbox.

Ouch, they have deleted our mod from Mega because someone denunced it...
    I understand that this patch includes music from the film, but why 2.0?? was it deleted just because it uses images from the movies?, come on!

turn 3 and my first seige it says filename doesn't exist data/models_building/offmap_town_barb.cas

is this a problem others have or is my install faulty?

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

havn't played this in a while. Is this the last version?

Probably.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Awesome mod, I always enjoyed the RTW engine a lot more (maybe my weak laptop has something to do with that c: ) and now I have a new reason to play!

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    turn 3 and my first seige it says filename doesn't exist data/models_building/offmap_town_barb.cas

is this a problem others have or is my install faulty?
    There were some of those missing files in the previous beta, but I'm almost sure they all were included in this latest version.
    They are the models of the cities when viewed from an adjacent tile. In your case a barbarian town. If it happens to everybody, it would be a very common bug.
    I suppose we have to verify it.

Hey! Congratz on the release! I've just seen it and I'm really anxious to play it
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

None of the links for the 3.0 patch works for me. Can somebody upload the patch in another website? Or make it available on torrent?

I have been unable to register at StrategyInformer, but it seems they received my message because they have uploaded the patch v3.0 and it is now available there.
    Updated the first post with this new mirror. I hope it works for you.

I'd like to thank here to StrategyInformer that has hosted this mod since the first versions, and thanks also to the admin that uploaded this latest patch.

Hey! Congratz on the release! I've just seen it and I'm really anxious to play it
    Hey, Matap, I'm glad to see you. I wish you can play with us this new version online. I have been playing last week with Curro and Tranky, still waiting for Adrix and you...

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Congratulations to releasing LotR TW 3.0!!! One of the best mods ever! Thanks a lot!

Libertus

Episode 1: To The Land of the Bree!

The Quest of the ring bearer has begun!
    To take the one ring and destroy him in the Mountain of Doom, the only place where it can be destroyed!
    Gandalf the Grey instructed Frodo to go to the Bree-land, where they would meet in the inn of the Prancing Pony; Frodo along with his gardener Samwise Gamgee they go threw the lands of the Shire; however their journey will not be a easy one; the Nazgul, follow the too in hopes to retrieve the one ring back to its owner, The Dark Lord Sauron!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The History of the One Ring

After its original forging (about SA 1600), Sauron wielded the Ring and battled the resisting Elves, creating the infamous War of the Elves and Sauron. At first the War went well for Sauron, as Eregion was destroyed along withCelebrimbor, the maker of the other Rings of Power. But later (about SA 1700) Tar-Minastir led a great army toMiddle-earth and, together with Gil-galad, destroyed Sauron's army, forcing Sauron to return to Mordor to regroup.
    In SA 3261Ar-Pharazôn, the last and most powerful of the Kings of Númenor, landed at Umbar at the head of a gigantic army to do battle with Sauron, in contention of Sauron's self-proclaimed title as Overlord of Middle-Earth. The sheer size and might of the Númenórean army was enough to cause Sauron's forces to flee. Sauron surrendered to Ar-Pharazôn and was taken back to Númenor as a prisoner. Tolkien, in a letter written in 1958 (#211), wrote that the surrender was both "voluntary and cunning" so he could gain access to Númenor. Despite 1,500 years of war with Sauron, the Elves had not revealed to the Númenóreans the existence of the One Ring or any of the Rings of Power; thus, Ar-Pharazôn was unaware of it. Sauron was able to use the Númenóreans' fear of death as a way to turn them against the Valar, and toward worship of Melkor and human sacrifice.

Although Sauron's body was destroyed in the Fall of Númenor, his spirit was able to bear the Ring back to Middle-earth and he wielded it in his renewed war against the Last Alliance of Elves and Men between SA 3429 and 3441. Tolkien wrote, "I do not think one need boggle at this spirit carrying off the One Ring, upon which his power of dominating minds now largely depended" (letter #211).

The Ring was cut from Sauron's hand by Isildur at the slopes of Mount Doom, and he in turn lost it in the River Anduin (at the Gladden Fields) just before he was killed in an orc ambush (TA 2). Since it indirectly caused Isildur's death by slipping from his finger, it was known in Gondorian lore as Isildur's Bane.
    The Ring remained hidden in the riverbed for almost two and a half millennia until a Stoorhobbit named Déagoldiscovered it while on a fishing trip. His friend and relative Sméagol stole the Ring and murdered Déagol. Sméagol was changed by the Ring’s influence over several centuries into the creature known as Gollum. The Ring, which Sauron had endowed with a will of its own, manipulated Gollum into settling in the Misty Mountains near Mirkwood, where Sauron was beginning to resurface. There he and it remained for nearly five hundred years, until the Ring abandoned him and fell off his finger as he was returning from killing a goblin.

As is told in The Hobbit, Bilbo found the Ring while he was lost in the caverns of the Misty Mountains, near Gollum's lair. When The Hobbit was written, Tolkien had not yet conceived of the Ring's sinister back-story. Thus, in the first edition of The Hobbit, Gollum surrenders the Ring to Bilbo as a reward for winning the Riddle Game. However, as Tolkien was conceiving the nature of the Ring, he realized that the Ring's grip on Gollum would never permit him to give it up willingly. Therefore, Tolkien revised this chapter in the second edition of The Hobbit: after losing the Riddle Game to Bilbo, Gollum went to get his "Precious" (as he always called it) so he could kill and eat him, but flew into a rage when he found it missing. Deducing that Bilbo had it from his last question— "What have I got in my pocket?"— Gollum chased him through the caves, not knowing that Bilbo had discovered the Ring's powers of invisibility and was following him to the cave's exit. Bilbo escaped Gollum and the goblins that inhabited the Misty Mountains by remaining invisible, but left that power out of the story he told the Dwarves he was travelling with. In fact, the version of the events that Bilbo told was the version of the first
    edition of The Hobbit.
    Gandalf, who was also travelling with the Dwarves, later forced the real story out of Bilbo, and was immediately suspicious of the Ring's powers.Gollum, meanwhile, eventually left the Misty Mountains to track down and reclaim the Ring. He wandered for decades, and was captured when he went to Mordor. Here, he was interrogated and revealed the existence of Bilbo and the Shire.

In TA 3001, following Gandalf's counsel, Bilbo gave the Ring to his nephew and adopted heir Frodo. This first willing transfer of the Ring in its history sparked the chain of events which eventually led to its unmaking. It is one example of the frequent interplay between apparent chance and destiny, a ubiquitous theme in The Lord of the Rings.

By this time Sauron had begun to regain his power, and the Dark Tower in Mordor had been rebuilt. In order to prevent Sauron from regaining his Ring, Frodo and eight other companions set out from Rivendell for Mordor in an attempt to destroy it in the fires of Mount Doom. During the quest, Frodo gradually became more and more susceptible to the Ring's power, and it became a heavy burden on him. When he and Sam discovered that Gollum was on their trail and "tamed" him into guiding them to Mordor, he began to feel a strange bond with the wretched, treacherous creature. Gollum gave in to the Ring's temptation, however, and betrayed them to the giant spider Shelob. Believing Frodo to be dead, Sam bore the Ring himself for a short time and experienced the temptation it induced, wearing it briefly twice, although he never succumbed to its seduction.

Sam rescued Frodo and returned the Ring to him but feared that the toll it was taking on his Master was too great, and it was; although Frodo and Sam, trailed by Gollum, eventually arrived at Mount Doom, Frodo was overcome by the Ring and claimed it as his own rather than destroy it. However, he was attacked by Gollum, who bit off the finger holding the Ring before falling into the fires of Mount Doom, finally destroying the Ring.

​Click on the title to see the episode!
    Last edited by Stratega; April 08, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Congrats guys, this mod is great. Is there a music pack available?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratega View Post
    Episode 1: To The Land of the Bree!

​Click on the title to see the episode!
    Not working.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

I just have no proper words to describe my feelings about this mod... It's great! It's totally amazing!! It's absolutely unbelievable!!! In addition, my mind has been completely blown when I saw the Moria... That's a really freaky cool!

And now I just don't know why we should play other games, if we have such "diamond"?

P.S. IMHO, LOTR-TW is much cooler than Third Age: Total War . Sorry, if I've hurt somebody by this words

I'm so relieved that it installed correctly on the first time! Doesn't always happen, that. I just bought the RTW Anthology just on the hope that I'd be able to play this mod. To be safe, I uninstalled the vanilla RTW I already had and 3 other great mods (Extended Greek, EB, and Chivalry) and then followed the instructions in this thread to a T. I'm about 50 turns in to a Silvan game and I've only experienced one problem, a CTD after a victorious battle. Didn't set me back much, fortunately, because of a quicksave. Gotta say I'm loving it so far. For a long time I was bummed that I couldn't play TATW because my laptop can't handle Medieval II, but this seems like it'll satisfy me. Elven archers may be a little overpowered, but that does seem to be the elves' forte anyway, so it doesn't bother me. I'll just try not to fight *against* elves...