Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: DOWNLOADS: LOTR-TW 2.0, AND LATEST PATCH 2.08

Have nice gaming times.

Just got this today and so far am loving it !
    Just thought i'd share

Ok, just hit my first snag... playing silvan elves, and at turn 199 the game crashes every time i end the turn. is this a known problem ? has anyone else experienced it ? will be very sad if i cant play on any further

Quote Originally Posted by Zyinx View Post
    Ok, just hit my first snag... playing silvan elves, and at turn 199 the game crashes every time i end the turn. is this a known problem ? has anyone else experienced it ? will be very sad if i cant play on any further
    I have Also had this happen while playing as elves.

If I have a different mod in my normal RTW folder, will I still be able to play this on ALX, or will I have to delete the other mod?

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

You should just make a clean patched RTW+BI+A install and copy it ,so you can put mods on copies of your vanilla game .At least that's what i do

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    You should just make a clean patched RTW+BI+A install and copy it ,so you can put mods on copies of your vanilla game .At least that's what i do
    I just wonder is it possible to install RTW+BI first (for other mods and have special abilities like shield wall etc), then copy whole game with BI and then install Alex on one copy of RTW+BI (for LOTR TW especially). Have you tried it? Or propably it's impossible because Alex will destroy all registry entries for all RTW+BI copies?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Franzman13 View Post
    If I have a different mod in my normal RTW folder, will I still be able to play this on ALX, or will I have to delete the other mod?
    as long as the mod does not change original game files you are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    I just wonder is it possible to install RTW+BI first (for other mods and have special abilities like shield wall etc), then copy whole game with BI and then install Alex on one copy of RTW+BI (for LOTR TW especially). Have you tried it? Or propably it's impossible because Alex will destroy all registry entries for all RTW+BI copies?
    not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post

not impossible.
    NOT impossible... So there is a way to do so? For now I still use some of mods but if I will finish all of started games I could try to install RTW in that way.

ummmm iv tried it on my laptop and it worked fine but was laggy so i tried to download it for my good computer but then every time i run it it says "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:alexander\lotrtw\\chat_filter.san" can you please help?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by sacred band of thebes View Post
    ummmm iv tried it on my laptop and it worked fine but was laggy so i tried to download it for my good computer but then every time i run it it says "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:alexander\lotrtw\\chat_filter.san" can you please help?
    you don't have alexander or you installed it in a wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

well i do have alexander and have had it for a while now but its possible iv downloaded it wrong il try again

okay it worked thank you .umm on the contrary anyone who wants to get a lotr mod for one of the total war games dont pick third age it freakin sucks because most of the time you cant enter the battle map without the game crashing so you need to reinstall it so many times till it works wich takes forever aswell as the graphics may be better they screwed the campaign up EX:you cant train mamukil(sorry if incorect spellin)if your harad even though they got threw so much work on making it a ressource where you can train them

Clagius: U may get it at Gamersgate. Cheap and fast.

uhhggg got another problem now every time i want to do a campaign with orc rabbles the game crashes help?

is there a guide on how to install 2.08 patch?

on steam

I am experiencing a lot of problems with this mod as I have followed the instructions perfectly and still am having trouble to get it to work and it always fails at the part where I have to insert this -mod:alexander/lotrtw into the title section in properties and it refuses to register it. Is there by any chance anybody could help me with problem? Would be most appreciative.

Laetus

Yes, my IT knowledge is limited but is there an idiot's guide as to how to make the LOTR mod work on the RTW:Alexander? I've downloaded the mod (I think) but now what?? The file is in: C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War. When I open the shortcut on the Desktop to add the line as in the instructions it reads: "C:\Documents and Settings\new user\My Documents\Downloads\LOTRTW_v2.0b_OB.exe" -mod:alexander/lotrtw"
    What am I doing wrong? I love LOTR and adore TW but I have no idea how to make this work?? HELP!

You first need to install the mod, by executing the file "LOTRTW_v2.0b_OB.exe" (no important where this file is placed, just double click it).
    When the installer opens, press "next" button and select "I agree", until it asks for the target directory. Here you have to press the button labeled as "..." and select the folder where your rome total war is already installed (the folder where RomeTW.exe and RomeTW-ALX.exe are placed).
    When you finsih the installation I suggest you to download and install the Patch 2.08 (named LOTRTW_PATCH_v2.08c_OB.exe). This time the installer should chose by default the folder where you installed LOTRTW_v2.0 and it will generate a file named "lotr-tw launcher.bat" that you can use to launch the mod by double clicking it.
    Ask here if you have some doubt. If you use Mac OS or Steam you will need a different procedure (there is a topic here in the forum that explain those case).