Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Default Re: DOWNLOADS: LOTR-TW 2.0, AND LATEST PATCH 2.08

Yes I can choose the factions but i can't actually play the battle. Do you know what to do from there???

What disc do i put in rome total war Alexander or the rome total war??? ok never mind it was alexander but what do i do to get the gameplay working??

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

He managed to get to the menu so most likely it is already installed. So there must a problem with the RTW or ALX files.
    Please write in detail, step by step, what you did to install the mod. From your description, the installation works but there is already a problem with the RTW set-up.

Also, write down the windows error you receive.

ArtyomtheGamer's Avatar Foederatus

I think you just havent downloaded the full mod installation. It happened to me ones that I started donloading one mod and then turned off the pc, not knowing that download is still running. Then next day I installed the mod-it was fine, everything got installed-but then I had problems playing it. Since not all files downloaded, the mod was not working. I just downloaded it again and uninstalled the previous mod. Then it worked cause now it was fully downloaded. Try to do that, otherwise reinstall the whole game and install the mod again... I have no further suggestions.
    And u install it where your RTW and ALX is installed.
    Last edited by ArtyomtheGamer; February 18, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Treat others as if you would like others to treat you- Smart saying

Ok when i installed the mod i installed it from strategeyinformer.com then installed version 2.0 under the creative assembly/rome total war. then i did the same thing with 2.08 after i installed all that i clicked the shortcut it brought me to the game. after i made the teams it did what it always did said it had a problem but it doesnt tell me what it is. I dont know what the problem is, i just install it and it wont play the gameplay so the only thing i think i need to fix is the gameplay so i can play the battles, but i could be wrong. The things that i downloaded are they the full mod or no?

Yes, the whole mod is included in those 2 installers.
    If the shortcut created by the patch 2.08 does launch the mod, then you surely have both AlexanderTW and lotr-tw installed on the proper folder.

I have no idea what could be problem. Such crashes when you load a battle use to be related to wrong installation, or to uncompatible graphical settings.

I don't know what is going on because i installed it on my old and slow computer and it work (but of course it was slow) then I tried the same thing with this and it said there was a problem. I think I might of forgot to delete some files, but it could just not work on the laptop. I did install everything correctly, but i just dont want to play this game on a slow computer. Has this ever happened to anyone I have a Dell XPS laptop? But I dont know what the problem is if there is any suggestions just tell me. Thanks!

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Do you have a portable hard drive? If you do, just copy the entire Rome Total War folder from the PC where it worked to the hard drive, then paste it into the new PC.

Do you mean like a flash drive???
    Last edited by ape847; February 19, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

ArtyomtheGamer's Avatar Foederatus

I have no idea what to suggest... This is a weird problem that you have, I can't suggest anything.
    Treat others as if you would like others to treat you- Smart saying

As wlesmana said, you can try to copy the whole RTW folder from the old pc (where the game works) to the new pc. But you would need to delete the preferences.txt file and to create a new shortcut if you change the path.

If you using Windows vista or W7 the problem could be permissions to write files in the folder where rome is installed. I remember I needed to enable write permission to my whole hard disk to be able to play games properly.
    Try also to launch the game or the shortcut as admin (with right mouse button).

Other suggestions:
    - install latest version of directx
    - update graphic card driver if possible

neryan's Avatar Foederatus

have you tried uninstalling everything (including RTW and ALX) and then install everything again?

it's my secret problem-solver and has never failed

every time i try to install Lotr-tw (or almost every time) i have some kind of problem. than i just reinstall everything and it always works

can't help more than this, i don't understand much about computers and technologies
    Do you know the problem with the Iraqi army? They were using Russian defense tactics:

1. Engage the enemy. -

2. Draw him into your territory. -

3. Wait until winter sets in. -

Well I am sorry but it didnt work for me I re-installed everything today and it still didnt work. But the weird thing is Alexander and Rome total war both work perfectly. Then when I get in the menu and select my army the unit number of soldiers is different from the other PC. So does anybody have a suggestion what to do because this is what happens when I try to play. I think when it says there is a problem and it doesnt tell me I think it is about the number of people in a unit. Oh and another question, for my other PC that works (but it is slow) when i play a custom game it crashes after a while as in turns off my computer. Anyway on stopping that too??

The number of units is probably just that the unit scale is different
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by ape847 View Post
    Well I am sorry but it didnt work for me I re-installed everything today and it still didnt work. But the weird thing is Alexander and Rome total war both work perfectly. Then when I get in the menu and select my army the unit number of soldiers is different from the other PC. So does anybody have a suggestion what to do because this is what happens when I try to play. I think when it says there is a problem and it doesnt tell me I think it is about the number of people in a unit. Oh and another question, for my other PC that works (but it is slow) when i play a custom game it crashes after a while as in turns off my computer. Anyway on stopping that too??
    Your problems seems related to graphic settings. I suggest to test with all graphic settings set to minimum, and low resolution. Also very important to choose "Miles 2d sound", else sound could cause crashes in battle.

Be careful with your old pc, if it turns off automatically, it could be a problem of temperature: check the fans are clean and working, and I suggest to install some SW to monitor the temperatire in the CPU.

Alright I will do that thanks everyone for helping me! (:

this is one great mod! I LOVE IT!

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

I installed 2.0, but when I tried to do a campaign it would keep taking me back to the mode select screen no matter what faction I selected? Is this fixed with 2.08?
    Last edited by Revelo; April 16, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r's Avatar Civis

Probably

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r View Post
    Probably
    I noticed it had continue campaign which let me play as Mirkwood Elves, but the fog of war kept displaying text saying a script was not active.

I will install 2.08 and try again.

UPDATE: No, 2.08 has only fixed the fog of war problem. I am still unable to play campaign unless I select continue campaign. I can go to the faction select screen, but when I choose to play the campaign it takes me back to the simple player screen.
    Last edited by Revelo; April 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM.