Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Default Re: DOWNLOAD: NEW VERSION LOTR-TW 3.0 RELEASED

Hey, Nelduin. Nice to see you too, it was always a pleasure to see your screenshots.
    You are right about imageshack, but some of the links where from dropbox that was still up and running. I linked one image from my dropbox in my previous post, and I can't see it either. I'll try another hosting as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Hey, Nelduin. Nice to see you too, it was always a pleasure to see your screenshots.
    You are right about imageshack, but some of the links where from dropbox that was still up and running. I linked one image from my dropbox in my previous post, and I can't see it either. I'll try another hosting as you suggest.

After a few years, I decided to play RTW1 one again, and your mod couldn't be left aside... I've missed it!
    Are you going to release a new update or version ? I hope so. Anyway, thanks for this awesome mod!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

No plans for new version yet, at least not this year. I'm just trying to see if I can fix some of the remaining bugs. But everytime you change something, there are chances to introduce new bugs, so right now I think the current release is the best option to play the mod.
    I'm also liking the changes and fixes made by CapnDan in his addon:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2-6-(for-v3-0)
    I'd recommend to give it a try, specially if you already played the vanilla version of the mod (v3.02).

I'll give it a try, this mod is amazing! Thanks and congratulations for this awesome mod!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Screenshots from 1st post uploaded again.

Hey guys, I finally downloaded this mod and I really like the work that has been put into it. However I have a big question, how to use cavalry here? They seem to be somewhat really bad at flanking and charging...

Quote Originally Posted by pmakins View Post
    Hey guys, I finally downloaded this mod and I really like the work that has been put into it. However I have a big question, how to use cavalry here? They seem to be somewhat really bad at flanking and charging...
    I'm glad you liked. You are right that cavalry in this mod is weaker than in vanilla rome. I think the way to use it is the same, it is just less effective.

Light cavalry is useful to chase mounted archers or routing units.
    Standard cavalry (1 hit point) is effective to charge infantry units from the rear or flanks, but you should not keep them in combat. It is better to charge, retreat, and then charge again. These charges are more powerful if the cavalry is not tired, so try not to make them run unnecessarily before they enter combat. Also, note that armoured archers in this mod are not killed easily by cavalry, so it is better to use cavalry with heavy armour against them.
    Heavy cavalry (2 hit points) can even charge against pikemen from the front, but again they will not survive long in combat, you need to keep them moving.

Spearmen, wargs, and chariots have bonuses against cavalry so try to avoid them.

I have made a new pack that includes all files from v3.02 in one single pack (.zip).
    It should be compatible (savegame and multiplayer) with installations that used the old installers (if patched to v3.02).

The new content available in this pack can be enabled by using the included tool named JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler):

I) CAMPAIGNS ADDON (by CapnDan)
    It includes an improved balance for the main campaign, and some alternative provincial campaigns. I suggest to use it to play new games, because it will surely be used as base for future versions of the mod.

II) VEGETATION ADDON (by Non-binary Person)
    It includes alternative vegetation, and some other changes to the battle environments.
    This is a work in progress and Non-binary Person is still working to improve it. If you try it, let us know your opinions or suggestions.

III) TROLL FIX
    It is a workaround to avoid the crashes caused by these Troll units on some computers. It reduces to zero the distance at which these units are rendered in 3d, so they are always shown 2d sprites (with much lower quality), but this way they never cause crashes.
    In order to work, the unit detail, in video settings, must be any value lower than "highest".
    This patch seems to be savegame compatible, and also compatible online with people who did not enable it (useful because many computers are not affected by this bug).
    Last edited by Bardo; May 12, 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112