Thread: Crash to Desktop

Default Crash to Desktop

Oki, i made a search before posting and i didn't see anything about this. When i was playing on win98 i had no problem at all. But now i formatted my pc and installed RTW, it worked fine. but when I install bi or the patch 1.2 each time i open a window ingame with a little video inside (as the Senate panel or the destroyed faction scroll) my game crashes to desktop. I'd like to know if anyone know a way to fix this or if you know a way to remove theses videos and leave a black screen instead.

I have solved part of the problem. I moved the videos away from the folder and now the panels load with a black screen instead of the video. now if someone knows how to fix it, it would be even better.

Default Re: Crash to Desktop

I have almost the same problem, I got rid of the 3 Roman families & made the Julii a unified Rome, But i left the Senate in place, But now everytime i click on the Senate tab my game CTD with no error message, Also i won the full campaign with a unified Rome & when the victory movie tried to play the game CTD with no error message

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Crash to Desktop

Most likely, you both have an issue with either, a) directex b)media player, c)or the Directplay that came with the game. My first suspect would be directex...make sure you have 9.0c, which is the latest version. Regardless, you've both got a hardware/software problem causing the game to crash because it can't play the vidoes.