Thread: BI Unit Editor

Default BI Unit Editor

Is there a unit editor for BI? I've tried editing export_descr_unit to edit stats but it keeps crashing at the Sega screen.

adamus's Avatar Miles

I don't think so. Try activating the "show_err" command, which should hopefully give you an error message telling you what the error is and in what line it occurs when the game crashes, which will allow you to fix it. (see here for how to activate it)

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Caligula 0.0.6.0 (check download section) supports BI so you can edit your units.Just like with any editing...BACK UP orginal files before you make any changes

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Kloss
    Caligula 0.0.6.0 (check download section) supports BI so you can edit your units.Just like with any editing...BACK UP orginal files before you make any changes
    Are there any guidelines for this. I'm trying to get rid of a few units for the slaves. IE: Making it so only the faction I choose can recruit them, not the slaves.

edit: Also it doesn't work with regular RTW it seems.

Well, I just create a desktop shortcut to export_descr_stat.txt and just take out the factions you don't want them to be used under "ownership".

Want to have some fun? Copy paste the primary weapon stat of a roman ballista to a eastern archer. wooo. Now your archers shoot 51 point damage spears. Hah.

No matter what I do it doesn't work w/ BI.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Quote Originally Posted by StayingPower
    Are there any guidelines for this. I'm trying to get rid of a few units for the slaves. IE: Making it so only the faction I choose can recruit them, not the slaves.

edit: Also it doesn't work with regular RTW it seems.
    See this thread @ org

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...light=Caligula

BTW you will get CTD if you delete "slave" from unit's ownership in export_descr_unit and leave unit as slave or rebel in descr_rebel_faction.Als check descr_strat in your campaign folder for any entries relating to this unit in the slave section

Thanks for the help.