Thread: [RS 2.0] Correct Ages for Makedon, Seleukids, and Ptolemies Kings Mod

Default [RS 2.0] Correct Ages for Makedon, Seleukids, and Ptolemies Kings Mod

Philip V - 23
    Ptolemy IV - 24
    Antiochus III - 24

Works for 1-turn recruitment

back up files first and then insert file into;

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\Play_One_Turn\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

NOTE: It is stable, although there was only ONE error, which was a spy, but I can deal with that later. I will make compatibility later, but for now it is for 1-turn campaign only. Throw me some suggestions if you want to see MORE accuracies.

ENJOY!

man
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Correct Ages for Makedon, Seleukids, and Ptolemies Kings Mod

Unfortunately, this setup will result in 'cloned characters' and CTD's for those factions. That's the reason we 'couldn't' give characters their correct ages. You'll note that the characters DO have the correct ages in their respective modfoldered campaigns, but the 'fix' for the cloned character issue only works for the faction if the player is playing that faction.

You can fix this problem by putting 'sub_faction macedon' or 'sub_faction seleucid' in front of the non-family characters in the list of characters, however. For example:

character sub_faction macedon, Hippostratos, named character, heir, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 32, , x 231, y 124

Will prevent the game from almost instantly adopting this character when the AI is playing Macedon. The trait 'Not_Adoptible' will ONLY prevent him being 'offered' for adoption if the player is playing Macedon. (It doesn't work for the AI, unfortunately.)
    Also note that because he is the Heir, when Philip dies, his family will become the ruling family....not a problem, but that's what will happen.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father