Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Well, if you can help us change the names of a few units AND include it in the whole package it would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
    ROADS FIX:

- Download ESF EDITOR,
    - Open Empire Total War\data\DME\Subs\Causa_Belli\startpos.esf (or analogical 3tpy/4tpy files),
    - Change CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO and CAMPAIGN_SETUP "DMUC_Cmain" entries to "DME",
    - Save; that is it!

Sometimes there is a problem with overwriting the file, its good to save it using another name and later change name manually.

Thanks to Xhwyzed for figuring it out some time ago :>
    We will make a new esf, but it's good to know!
    Last edited by alhoon; March 02, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Hello, have looked through the thread and still can't find an answer, so here goes. I downloaded the mod as instructed, and to the letter, but when I play as the Mughals or Persians or almost any of the modified factions their units have no names? How can I fix this?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

how can i play both causa belli 2.01 and causa belli extra?

i have a question the instructions for installing the causa belli extra are :

Download and installation:

Copy(from CB folder) > ETW > Data

CB_Core.pack
    CB_models.pack
    cb_localisation.pack

Activate DME launcher > FILE > GO > Mod Folder > Campaigns > Custom

1)Copy the Scripting.lua(from CB) over to the Custom folder
    2)Rename the startpos.esf(in the CB folder) to XT_startpos.esf. Replacing the X with the amount of turns you chose from the cb folder.
    *Example: So if you used the startpos.esf from the 4tpy folder than it should be renamed to 4T_startpos.esf
    3)copy the renamed file over to the Custom folder for DME.

From the Launcher > EDIT > User Script

Add these lines in the blank space, one at a time and press add after each one.
    CB_core
    CB_models
    cb_localisation *note: It's spelled with a "S" not a "Z".*

Then press the Update User Script

Check the bottom left corner of the launcher and make sure it says

Custom
    X Turns/year*

*with X being the same number you have for the renamed startpos.esf file.

Then click on START so the launcher can activate the files and enjoy.
    But the causa belli extra have only CB_Extra_core and CB_localization. Also how we can install causa belli and causa belli extra with the new update 8.0.1 darth mod empire? Some file have changed

alhoon said that: Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Originally Posted by b0Gia
    we have any news about when the new causa belli is going to be released?

Nope.
    Hammered who is in charge of the new Startpos is very busy with his life. And we plan to have the new CB with the new startpos.

You can play the CB 2.01 in the meantime without any problems, as long as you don't overwrite the Startpos.esf with the esf provided with the CB. Can we play the causa belli extra the same way because i tried , i do not overwrite startpos.esf i overwrite scripting.lua in custom campaing folder in the new 8.0.1 and i paste the CB_Extra_core and CB_localization in ETW/data but i can not played them campaing they do not apear only in battles

It isnt up to date to 8.0

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I play dme 8.0.1 with causa belli 2.0.1 and i cant play as Greece.It doesnt appear it in the game.WHat am i doing wrong?

Not compatible, told ya

Just a few bugs:

Mughal Heavy Infantry have missing swords, and the Zamindar's Elite Cavalry has black skins. No not like they are Africans but the texture does not load. Also, dismounted Qizilbashi Mounted Musketeers cause a crash when they try to fire.
    Last edited by DC53; March 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM.

caua belli 2.01 and causa belli extra are not compatible with darth mod empire platinum 8.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    caua belli 2.01 and causa belli extra are not compatible with darth mod empire platinum 8.0.1?
    CB (not extra) is Semi-compatible for the time.
    I have free this evening and tomorrow evening.

I plan to put up instrunctions of how to install and play CB in 8.0.1
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Can we play the causa belli extra the same way because i tried , i do not overwrite startpos.esf i overwrite scripting.lua in custom campaing folder in the new 8.0.1 and i paste the CB_Extra_core and CB_localization in ETW/data but i can not played them campaing they do not apear only in battles
    Nope, unfortunatelly, for CB Extra, you need a new, working ESF, that needs a lot of work (that I don't know how to do).
    If many of you want, I could update CB extra units to 8.0.1 but they'll be for Custom battles only. And you'd have to download a few hundred MB all over again.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    CB (not extra) is Semi-compatible for the time.
    I have free this evening and tomorrow evening.

I plan to put up instrunctions of how to install and play CB in 8.0.1
    What do you mean by semi-compatible? Are there any bugs? Any serious problems? CTDs maybe?

Nope.
    I mean that the ESF provided with CB is outdated and you won't enjoy many of the improvements of DME 8.0.1 CAI if you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post

Download and installation:

Download links:

http://www.4shared.com/archive/NgEpk_kI/CB_201.html
    (click on the blue Download Now button, not the green start download button)
    or
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/c23cf51/n/CB_2.01.7z

installation:

-Copy(from CB folder) > ETW > Data

CB_Core.pack
    CB_models.pack
    cb_localisation.pack

-Activate DME launcher > FILE > GO > Mod Folder > Campaigns > Custom

-Copy the Scripting.lua(from CB) over to the Custom folder

-From the Launcher > EDIT > User Script

Add these lines in the blank space, one at a time and press add after each one.
    CB_core
    CB_models
    cb_localisation *note: It's spelled with a "S" not a "Z".*

- Then press the Update User Script

- Check the bottom left corner of the launcher and make sure it says

Custom
    X Turns/year

Then click on START so the launcher can activate the files and enjoy.

thanks to Akumu

This is a Download thread
    please post your questions, observations and ideas to the Development thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354714

DO NOT copy the STARTPOS.ESF that come with the mod! They're outdated! Use the custom campaign ones instead.

Please can a moderator change the first post? Without deleting the changelog or the developers, just changing the installation instructions?

Nope.
    I mean that the ESF provided with CB is outdated and you won't enjoy many of the improvements of DME 8.0.1 CAI if you use it.
    I was only concerned with using these units myself, specifically the Persian re-haul since the original roster for them is very poor. So, what exactly do i do in order to install it, for DME 801?

What I put in my post above yours.

What I put in my post above yours.
    Whooops... yeah, dumb me. I did follow those instructions. So far... so good. The thing is... these new units either don't have localization, or they don't quite follow a normal AI plan, etc. Plus i had a CTD with two italian factions, Venice and Genoa i think they were. So i guess they arent compatible yet with the new version.

If you don't see the names of the units, then you didn't follow the instructions well enough.

Delete the localization file of DME, copy CB localization (spelled as above, with an "s") and add it to the script.
    As for crashes, I play with Genoa quite often and it doesn't crash. As for the normal AI plan... again I've seen no difference. The way the factions are played by the AI is governed by DME, not CBelli, with different personalities for different factions. Perhaps that's the problem?