Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Danish units have no names

Merged with the Causa Belli thread, as this seems to be an issue with that.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Danish units have no names

Quote Originally Posted by store alex View Post
    Im playing DMUC 7.0 with causus belli and most of the Danish units have no names. The ones who does are called line infantry or lancer cavalry (normal names). But most of the units, probably all the special ones, are nameless. Please help, Im Danish and would love to play my own nation
    There must be more localisation packs in your data folder which interfere with each other.

Check if you have files like unit_pack_compatibility_project... and delete them ore just move them out of the data folder to a backup place.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

You propably didn't delete the localization pack. You need to use the one provided by the mod.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Smara or Sir_Aggelos_GR - can you upload one of your saves, I can then check and fix
    Do you still need the savefile?or problem was solved?

does this mod work with the new beta version?

yes, it should work properly

will custom campaign be different from the normal dmuc campaign ?
    is it possible to have the units in the normal dmuc campaign?

also does this take out the other custom units that dmuc already has?

It doesn't take out any units at all.

It makes the custom campaign the same as the DMUC Ultimate campaign but with the minor factions playable.
    The only difference is that AI factions will probably recruit their new units too.

is there any plans to improve the marathas by any chance because in my current game as persia the marathas are underpowered compared to the mughals.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

It goes differently in different games.
    Usually, they dominate the Mughals within 50 turns or something and nearly wipe them out after like 80 turns.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

is the extra pack going to be updated version 7.0? i did try the extra pack on 7.0 plus the the main causi belli and aum 3.1 everything seems to be fine except that denmark can only recruit guerilla mercenaries and i think it was either militia or line inf and the mughals could only recruit a native lancer unit....

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    is the extra pack going to be updated version 7.0? i did try the extra pack on 7.0 plus the the main causi belli and aum 3.1 everything seems to be fine except that denmark can only recruit guerilla mercenaries and i think it was either militia or line inf and the mughals could only recruit a native lancer unit....
    It will be updated as soon as I have time but I don't think that recruitment problem is related to the version difference. Unit recruitment shouldn't be effected at all.

Try changing the load order in the script so the CB packs are above the AUM packs (with the CB_extra pack on top).

This is probably not related to this problem but just to note:

I'm not sure if AUM is working correctly with the latest DMUC (never used it myself) because
    AUM 3.1 is almost 2 years old and even AUM 3.2 is 1 year old.
    This means that the AUM units doesn't have the unit changes (formation spacing, spotting distances) Darth made since DMUC 6.9

I am pretty sure that adding darthmod.pack to the script (suggested in this thread #702)
    is NOT a good idea because that pack overwrites many DMUC packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    It will be updated as soon as I have time but I don't think that recruitment problem is related to the version difference. Unit recruitment shouldn't be effected at all.

Try changing the load order in the script so the CB packs are above the AUM packs (with the CB_extra pack on top).

This is probably not related to this problem but just to note:

I'm not sure if AUM is working correctly with the latest DMUC (never used it myself) because
    AUM 3.1 is almost 2 years old and even AUM 3.2 is 1 year old.
    This means that the AUM units doesn't have the unit changes (formation spacing, spotting distances) Darth made since DMUC 6.9

I am pretty sure that adding darthmod.pack to the script (suggested in this thread #702)
    is NOT a good idea because that pack overwrites many DMUC packs.
    thank you so much! it worked!

While it is mentioned in the opening post, I thought I would ask anyway - is this compatible with the current beta? While testing update 25, it seems I had problems with a repeatable CTD on Maratha's turn (the very first turn, playing as Denmark in the custom campaign).

I've uninstalled DMUC and am in the process of reinstalling. I verified the game cache, seems three files needed to be redownloaded, so maybe I did something that messed the mods up...nonetheless, still worth asking. I had noticed, when installing CB, that I didn't even have a custom campaign script...

I think CB shouln't be effected by the DMUC updates because those change core values in the game (in the tables) that the CB packs don't touch.

The only reason why CB needs to be updated (appart from adding more units ) is that sometimes Darth changes the unit stats (mostly spotting distances and formation spacing) as well. These have to be changed for the CB units too, otherwise they will have the old stats.
    This only effects gameplay in battles and only for the CB units (eg their spotting distance will be higher or lower).

I will look into the matter when the next DMUC version is out (not beta) and I will probably redo the startpos from the DMUC Ultimate startpos (again) just to be sure everything is OK.

Beta versions are coming out too fast to keep up and I don't have time lately (finals are starting).
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 14, 2012 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks for the reply. Not entirely sure why I had the CTD, in tests before I'd been able to end turns successfully, and with CB installed over the beta. Must've done something wrong somewhere, but now I've verified the game cache and reinstalled DMUC, so perhaps I can test everything again.

EDIT: Would just like to add that I just reinstalled CB 2.01 (not extra), and test ended my first turn as Denmark - no CTD when Maratha's turn came up. Quite possibly I messed something up in the original install.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; May 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

I can't download! Filefactory always says "no free slots avaible" and the other link simpy doesn't work for me... anyone uploaded this elsewhere?

PS: never mind, I didn't notice I had to subsribe to 4shared...
    Last edited by demostene; May 23, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    PS: never mind, I didn't notice I had to subsribe to 4shared...
    That's new
    Wasn't like that when I uploaded the files.

Will have to find a normal file hosting site but so far the ones I tried have one of these 2 main problems:
    - max file size is too low (usually only 200mb)
    - files expire too fast (only 30 days)
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; May 23, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

How about gamefront? I don't think its put in any new restrictions, but then again the size limit may be too small.