Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Mysore will get a new roster or at least that's the plan. However, Maratha is fine IMO. They usually beat the Mughals after a time. They don't steamroll them, but they usually win.

About the names... have you used the correct file for the names, deleting the old one?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

shouldnt it be named "Causae Belli" ?
    lol i once learned latin, but its probably wrong what i say
    Leader of Colonialism Total War
    Thread with first Preview
    First Youtube Trailer

Well, the name has been discussed in the past.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, did someone hear something from hammeredalways?
    I want to know if he's still working on those Sikh units for our sub-mods.

Hi there Matrix, long time no see!

Would I be able to use this with DMUC 6.2?
    Many thanks in advance.

Well... we've updated the units to DMUC 7.
    Why would you want to use DMUC 6.2 if I may ask? It's still good BAI and OK CAI, but DMUC 7 is far, far better.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Well... we've updated the units to DMUC 7.
    Why would you want to use DMUC 6.2 if I may ask? It's still good BAI and OK CAI, but DMUC 7 is far, far better.
    The reason why i am stuck with 6.2 is because on a few occasions my game crashed a few time and i had to reboot from scratch again, when i had upgraded to 6.9, although it is alot more stable with just 6.2. I am not a gifted techy person, get my mrs to always bail me out she is going to ban me playing if i continue to ask for her help. (which will be the case with Causa Belli)

so will it just work on 7.0?

Yeap.
    And 7 is stable.

Yeap.
    And 7 is stable.
    Ok Alhoon, Thanks for getting back to me. Guess I will have to upgrade to 7.
    And it was 6.95 which I upgraded to last time ( the one where there were no tradeships) not 6.9 which I incorrectly mentioned.

Out of curiosity, is there any steps I can take to make the program more stable (this includes 6.2) as on a few occasions it does not want to load my previous saved game, which makes me having to delete the program and download again.

Many thanks again for your reply.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

You can try a full ETW and DMUC reinstall
    when uninstalling ETW be sure to delete the folders (except the save_games) in:

XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\

Vista, Windows 7:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\

So, Xwhyzed, how it goes with Mysore and Morocco units? Or it was Hammered that did that?

Hammered did those and I don't have the unit models
    which is pretty bad because thos rosters were almost done.

If there is a mod that adds extra units for Mysore and Morocco we can ask their creators to use them.

Edit: I'v checked through my mails if Hammered had sent me any packs or models but sadly no
    but I did find out that we have permission to use adrian74s units from these two mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372086
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=384887

These cover Morocco and the Barbary states so we only need get Mysore units
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; February 24, 2012 at 02:43 AM.

Morocco and Barbary? They are enough.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372086

Hmm... African Musketeers should be available to all factions IMO, instead of Colonial infantry in Africa. What do you think?

I could balance prices and stats if you want.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

yes this units are great. I have it too and i have it in my DMUC ,but i have change nothing for 7.0 and the playing itīs not so good because i canīt mod. but the units looks great.

Hmm... African Musketeers should be available to all factions IMO, instead of Colonial infantry in Africa. What do you think?
    I think they should stick to the African factions (otherwise colonial units would lose their purpose) and this adds some more uniqueness to Morocco and the Barbary states.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    yes this units are great. I have it too and i have it in my DMUC ,but i have change nothing for 7.0 and the playing itīs not so good because i canīt mod. but the units looks great.
    EDIT:
    OK, it works for me now, I've updated the stats up to DMUC 7 plat but it has some work to be done with the techs and the buildings required.

Also, can anyone tell me how to enable Morocco for Custom battles?
    Last edited by alhoon; February 24, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

I have problem installing this.

So I copy all files, where they belong
    But when I click the Edit CC script button, nothing happens (just panel of cmd.exe shows for half of second but it vanishes immidiately)
    And that's really strange because all other scripts can be edited

Quote Originally Posted by doodoo555 View Post
    I have problem installing this.

So I copy all files, where they belong
    But when I click the Edit CC script button, nothing happens (just panel of cmd.exe shows for half of second but it vanishes immidiately)
    And that's really strange because all other scripts can be edited
    That happens when the script file is missing
    try reinstalling the user script files in the DMUC Launcher/Opiton/Diagnostics
    Enable Adv Diag Options and then you can reset or reinstall the scripts

Xwhyzed, I used Morocco, tested in campaign and it works.
    A tad hard though... I lost the campaign fairly early.

Could you remove that disease the Sultan of Morocco has?

Once he died, the Turks informed me that they don't recognise my new leaders claim to the throne and that they want the throne for themselves (?!?!? first time I had a succesion war) and they attacked me. I send an army to Syria and captured it. They didn't accept peace and when I pressed end turn... They landed and conquered Morocco. After that, all hell broke loose. Spain attacked, then England, the Poland... I've lost track at a point. More or less for 10+ turns I was moving my always thinning army around the Mediterannean on a few galleys, taking a settlement for a couple of turns till it was reconquered ... till money and men runned out and the Polish army crashed me in Crimea, capturing my last remainging (bankrupt) settlement.

And all that while I read that historically that sultan that died and let me fight it out with the world died 25 years after the game starts.