Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.0 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

I have a small question. When i play the Ultimate Campaigne maybe as Austria and fighting against Venice , have Venice the Armys from CB2.0 or only in the Custom Campaign (when i have CB2.) there?

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    I have a small question. When i play the Ultimate Campaigne maybe as Austria and fighting against Venice , have Venice the Armys from CB2.0 or only in the Custom Campaign (when i have CB2.) there?
    When you play the Ultimate Campaign you don't have the CB units.

However I have to state that the CB campaign was created from the Ultimate Campaign so it's basically the same.
    Appart from the unlocked factions and the added units there were only some minor changes (required for balance).

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Nah, not really much more powerful. If you don't play with Persia, they don't expand fast for example. The "cheat" units are so expensive and limited that I don't usually encounter them when I'm not playing with Persia.
    IMO the Sipahids and the mameluks are unbalanced units. I use them though anyways.
    Well, even very expansive its really strange to have other nation's unit that is better than the other nation... And even quiet close tofor example the Coldstream Infantry. And it is really not historical...

The Sipahis are medieval kind units actually and the mameluks either. All cavalry is cheated in DMUC because they have 2 hit points and take much less casualities from musket shots that way ! But we aren't talking about that...

I just want to say, that you should upload it to some other places, because filefactory has restrictions, and it even screwed up my download when there was 1 second left... Now I should wait 1 and a half hours because it screwed up. Which I will do, and I don't whine about it, just state it. Megaupload is out of question, for obvious reasons, so you could upload it to a bit more places, or even a torrent site, because it is a but bad.
    I was talking about CB 2.0 Core pack.
    But to say something nice as well:
    I played with this submod, and I can't even imagine empire anymore without DMUC and your submod. It is just fantastic, playing with Hungary is real satisfying, especially because their units were made with great care.
    But I still find it a bit backsetting, that there are no major cities for Hungary in reachable positions.

ok if I understand correctly CB does indeed work flawlessly with DMUC 7.0, unitdescr included?

and welcome back Xwhyzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    ok if I understand correctly CB does indeed work flawlessly with DMUC 7.0, unitdescr included?

and welcome back Xwhyzzy
    From the first post:
    "UPDATE:4/12/11
    NOW COMPATIBLE WITH DMUC 7.0!!!"

Unit descriptions should work as well but you have to delete the rest of the localisation (unit_compatibility_project...) files if you have any, because they conflict with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    Quick question here. If I use the custom campaign, does that include all the other features of the Ultimate campaign?
    It actually does, the CB Campaign is based on the Ultimate Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Szakiricky View Post
    I just want to say, that you should upload it to some other places, because filefactory has restrictions, and it even screwed up my download when there was 1 second left... Now I should wait 1 and a half hours because it screwed up. Which I will do, and I don't whine about it, just state it. Megaupload is out of question, for obvious reasons, so you could upload it to a bit more places, or even a torrent site, because it is a but bad.
    I was talking about CB 2.0 Core pack.
    But to say something nice as well:
    I played with this submod, and I can't even imagine empire anymore without DMUC and your submod. It is just fantastic, playing with Hungary is real satisfying, especially because their units were made with great care.
    But I still find it a bit backsetting, that there are no major cities for Hungary in reachable positions.
    Yes, sadly Megaupload is dead (this overloaded Filefactory) will upload it to other places soon.

As for the major city problem, when the mod was created it was only possible to make a major city when you take it away from an other factions, so instead we added a special prestige building. However this was more than 6 month ago, I'll check if there has been any breakthroughs in this since then.
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; February 04, 2012 at 05:58 AM.

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.01 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Updated the mod so now it contains the new core from alhoon's post #463
    and the 3tpy, 4tpy startpos.esf files

Also added new download links.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

WB Xwhyzed.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Noticed something yesterday. I decided to play for a little bit as the Cherokee (I assume it's true for all the native tribes) and noticed that after building a longhouse one of the techs I couldn't research was spirit medicine. Problem is that spirit medicine is a requirement to train native archers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    Noticed something yesterday. I decided to play for a little bit as the Cherokee (I assume it's true for all the native tribes) and noticed that after building a longhouse one of the techs I couldn't research was spirit medicine. Problem is that spirit medicine is a requirement to train native archers.
    I'll look into it but Causa Belli doesn't touch the native factions at all.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Thank you very much it works
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; February 06, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Is the plan that the Causa Belli Extra with the greek faction will be updated for DMUC 7.0 Platinum?
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Yes I plan to update it when I have time

As a faction description for the greeks, I suggest having a short description of the Orlov revolt of 1770. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlov_Revolt

- Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

btw, Is it correct that minor factions cannot have a unit description?
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

No, they should have unit descriptions

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Im gonna check this out and hope it adds so depth to Darth's mod
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Been using CB with DM 7.0 beta for a few weeks now and must say that overall it's excellent. The Mughal units were especially impressive - the Mughals now feel much more authentic and playable.

I have two questions though:

1. For many of the new units that CB adds (excluding the Mughals units I should add) there is no unit description and in many cases also no unit name - just statistics. This problem isn't gamebreaking - I can easily name the units myself and also easily work out what their role is by looking at their statistics - but it would be nice if this could be fixed. Is this a known problem, and if so how can I fix it?

2. The Mughals are cool, but India is now kinda unbalanced, since they stomp all over the Marathas. Will the Marathas (and possibly also Mysore) be getting a new roster in the future as well? I think it would add a very great deal to the game if they did.

Cheers
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu