Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Map editors

Nizam89's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Map editors

Taw are u really able to crack the ETW map?
    Just say Yes or NO?

It's just sounds to perfect to me.
    "I warn every animal on this farm to keep his eyes very wide open."
    Pig Schwatzwutz
    NASA's biggest blunder was not having Neil Armstrong say, " That's one small step for man,....hey, that looks like gold!"

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    You got a point but I think NTW is still over $20 here and I just can't bring myself to pay that much (I am still waiting for it to hit the discount rack).

Maybe with a paypal account you could ask for contributions and when you got enough to buy NTW you can do so.
    Well, it didn't hurt asking. I got quite a collection of weird items by just asking ;-p
    I have paypal account, but I don't want any money.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by taw View Post
    Well, it didn't hurt asking. I got quite a collection of weird items by just asking ;-p
    I have paypal account, but I don't want any money.
    You better focus on ETW anyway!!!

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    You better focus on ETW anyway!!!
    Oh come on, I only asked for NTW not for Call of Duty: Black Ops or Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    I play a lot of games, not just Empire. At least I used to before sudden drastic reduction
    in my free time about a month ago.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

are you almost done mr. taw

Artifex
    Patrician

If you want to see campaign map editors sooner, here's the thread for you. Some easy things that need to be done with which you can help.

Also, if you're a modder and have some specific needs, here's another relevant thread.

I might do most of the coding myself, but community's help is highly appreciated.

Well i would be happy if NTW gets mappable too, because the diplomacy in NTW is so great and has features i waited since ETW release for ...

Or we have to figure out how to get either ETW on NTW or the NTW Diplomacy functions into ETW I mean, the NTW diplomacy is real diplomacy of the imperial Age. I really missed the chance to make Embargos or paying other factions to join a War, free occupied provinces and choose to make a protectorate of them etc ...

Do not get me wrong, i also like ETW more because of the many Provinces and continents, but the diplomacy features are just way too superficial that is better in NTW.

I need a mutant So ill see if i get you NTW for christmas hehe
    Last edited by Croshy; November 18, 2010 at 09:29 AM.

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    Well i would be happy if NTW gets mappable too, because the diplomacy in NTW is so great and has features i waited since ETW release for ...

Or we have to figure out how to get either ETW on NTW or the NTW Diplomacy functions into ETW I mean, the NTW diplomacy is real diplomacy of the imperial Age. I really missed the chance to make Embargos or paying other factions to join a War, free occupied provinces and choose to make a protectorate of them etc ...

Do not get me wrong, i also like ETW more because of the many Provinces and continents, but the diplomacy features are just way too superficial that is better in NTW.

I need a mutant So ill see if i get you NTW for christmas hehe
    Try DMUC 6.3 beta. Diplomacy in ETW got a lot better thanks to new db tables for diplomacy,
    and that's only first attempt at getting it right.

In the past I preferred open gameplay of RTW and M2TW to grand railroaded
    campaign of Alexander and Kingdoms, so I'm not exactly that enthusiastic about NTW.

But mods pwn both, so if NTW makes it easier for me to open map for modding,
    it's a win even if I never play NTW itself much.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

It's refreshing to see that someone is still trying to figure this out,when most of the community has seemingly given up hope.NTW does have some good features.Also if Napoleon's feature's were combined with Empire grandness,well let's just say I wouldn't come out of my room till 2012.
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; November 21, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Tay111 View Post
    It's refreshing to see that smene is still trying to figure this out,when ost of the community has seemingly given up hope.NTW does have some good features.Also if Napoleon's feature's were combined with Empire grandness,well let's just say I wouldn't come out of my room till 2012.
    Here's where you could help.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Yah I'm not that good with modding.The most I've done is all factions plyable in RTW and M2TW
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

So, what is possible already? (dont mean to nag but, just curious)

- Can you put the warpath map in ETW?
    - Add China/Brazil?

Artifex
    Patrician

You can now mod climate map using the most recent esfxml - that's what determines which parts of campaign map will result in which climate of battle.
    A few other such minor things will become open quite soon thanks to semantic tags in esfxml.

Very impressive work - much obliged to you for taking the time doing this.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

A great "thank you" again to Taw.

Oh, and it's a month before Christmas!
    Yes, I know I haven't helped at all with the esf converter (besides clapping hands and patting his back to give him morale) since the Jruby told me I don't have the java necessary and all. Sorry about that buddy.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

So, any update on this??

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    So, any update on this??
    My computer's broken, let's see how long it takes them to fix it.

That's the common risk of one person doing all stuff.

Oh oh...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

15 days for Christmas.

How's your PC Taw?
    PS. I'm joking. I hope you don't feel pressure because you made a prediction with time. You're new here, that's exactly the reason modders never say a date for release.

I hope you'll unlock the map, even if it takes 3 months more.

Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    15 days for Christmas.

How's your PC Taw?
    PS. I'm joking. I hope you don't feel pressure because you made a prediction with time. You're new here, that's exactly the reason modders never say a date for release.

I hope you'll unlock the map, even if it takes 3 months more.
    Still being repaired. Any progress using tools already available to mod settlements etc.?
    I'll be away between Christmas and January 16th so chances of major progress on campaign
    map before late January are pretty slim unless someone else joins the effort.