Thread: Revisio Cartae Geographicae version 3 work begins

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Default Revisio Cartae Geographicae version 3 work begins

I have come out of retirement to work on a personal project. The continuation of Revisio Cartae Geographicae. This time I am going to get a little fantastical. Just a little. Its time for a change, I like change.

I have been in strict realism for my entire modding career. I am going to take this mod of mine and have the start date at 1100 AD. But, the Crusades wont come.

There will be the same situation in the region. But no Crusader states. The Byzantines will have strips of the west, north, and south coasts of Anatolia. There will be many replaced factions like there was in RCG v.2. Most units will be renamed accordingly, but no new units, that isnt my area of expertise. My area is maps, and that is what I am doing.

Trebizond, Cicilian Armenia, Seljuks, etc will be included. This map will comprise the eastern regions of Europe, but will be resized. So it will have spread out cities, so no seigefest.

It will be your job to restore the Byzantines without Western aid. You know how useless they were in the first place. So the Ottomans are your prime enemy, and holds prime real-estate. Or you can build a great lasting empire out of small petty kingdoms. Beat back the mighty oppressors and claim what is rightfully yours. Or die.

Questions and comments are welcome. I am just starting, so fire away.

I will have more info for you all later.

PS: I promise there wont be CTD's like there was in RCG v.2.

sounds great =) hope to see that soon =)) some pictures would be nice =)

Patrician

I have no pictures at this moment. I just started.

Did I mention the West was useless at this time? They did more harm than good really, brought down the Byzantine (Empire) in 1204. They didnt even send substantial aid in 1453 like they promised. Sheesh, useless. We can do without them, eh?

i think going to be for BI and are you going xtend da map to include scotland
    sorry for my really bad spelling
    every one download sels map it is awesome.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by rtwmadman
    i think going to be for BI and are you going xtend da map to include scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos
    Trebizond, Cicilian Armenia, Seljuks, etc will be included. This map will comprise the eastern regions of Europe, but will be resized. So it will have spread out cities, so no seigefest.
    No need to do that.

sorry for my bad english in my post. it was ment to be 2 questions
    1. is it going to be for BI
    2. are you going xtend da map to include scotland
    sorry for my really bad spelling
    every one download sels map it is awesome.

I'm scepticle about re-locating the time period 500 years onward and leaving the units untouched. I understand you are only doing the map but maybe if you enlisted someone else to re-do units. You might be able to get away with keeping byzantines with ERE units because the byzantine empire is just the ERE 500 years later but the rest of the world would be completely different.