Thread: Get me Started

Default Get me Started

Hey y'all...I've been trying for the entire weekend to get either the Mundus Magnus or the WarMap 1.0 to work with my RTW...I believe I followed all the directions to the letter. I'm no computer genius, but I can read...lol....

I just would like to play RTW or BI on a much bigger map...My RTW either would stall on the game start up or in the case on Mundus Magnus it would just send me back to the Provincial Campaign start...Now after to reloading RTW for the 5th time I don't even get a provincial game option...

Can anyone walk me through an easy way to get me going? PLEASE!

Thanks

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Well, first of all.

Uninstall RTW. Reinstall it. Install 1.3 patch. Then install the maps (whichever one you want)

If that doesn't work, post your computer specs here.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I've done that about 3 times now...I just reloaded it again and there is no "preferences" folder...you know, where you can adjust the "prologue" so you don't have to play the tutorial...
    My computer specs?
    Alienware Windows Xp
    Pentium 3.4
    1 G Ram
    250 G Hard drive..
    Plenty to run this game and others...

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hmm....ok

Delete the whole Activision folder. Then go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall RTW. Then install it again. I think I know what is wrong. Do what I said, and we will see.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Ok..Did that..Deleted Activision folder then uninstalled RTW...Just reinstalled....