Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Hedgehog" phalanx formation

Default Re: "Hedgehog" phalanx formation

lol

i believe this thread can be closed ya kno

this ethan guy definetly doesnt want to gain any friends here

and absolutely no one here is gonna convince him that his uber-formation is or isnt the strongest.

so apart from name calling and ranting i see no reason to continue.

just sayin
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Agreed with lolzilla; in before lock

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Your formation is bad Etahn, ok? And it's definately not a "hedgehog" either.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    lol

i believe this thread can be closed ya kno

this ethan guy definetly doesnt want to gain any friends here

and absolutely no one here is gonna convince him that his uber-formation is or isnt the strongest.

so apart from name calling and ranting i see no reason to continue.

just sayin
    none of you have a sensible counter yet, and i have friends in real life, not on video game forums....

and if the thread gets closed, i'm not the one who called some a "retard", i just made fun of stupidity which is different from a disability

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ethan340 View Post
    1. i can counter the depth with my reserve units (not that extra weight affected phalanxes much anyway since they don't charge)
    1. So what? Your pikemen will no longer be in formation. All you could do is to throw a melee unit into fight, but it's guaranteed that enemy will do the same and it isn't exactly a quick solution.
    2. Yes, extra weight DOES affect phalanxes much. Try engaging levy units with wide and tight front respectively. The first will quickly penetrate enemy formation, and it is guaranteed that both phalanxes will sooner or later break their formation alltogether, but not the stronger of them inflicts massive casualties.
    2. wide formation? you can't really flank it, and you will lack depth i can win the pike-to-pike combat
    Wide formation (slightly wider than enemy's) forks miracles when you have pikemen of supreme quality f.e. Agema vs Allied phalangites.

Don't believe me? Try on your own and verify what I've said. But I have already played RS II a lot. I was actually beta tester. Contrary to others I won't said that your "noob box" is easy to defeat (probably a bloodbath for both sides involved with similiar chances for victory), but I think I've got good counters to that formation. I think that, f.e. square formation could be vurneable to larger siege engines with flammable projectiles.
    Last edited by intel; March 15, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Keep it civilized. Or bear the consequences.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    1. So what? Your pikemen will no longer be in formation. All you could do is to throw a melee unit into fight, but it's guaranteed that enemy will do the same and it isn't exactly a quick solution.
    2. Yes, extra weight DOES affect phalanxes much. Try engaging levy units with wide and tight front respectively. The first will quickly penetrate enemy formation, and it is guaranteed that both phalanxes will sooner or later break their formation alltogether, but not the stronger of them inflicts massive casualties.
    Wide formation (slightly wider than enemy's) forks miracles when you have pikemen of supreme quality f.e. Agema vs Allied phalangites.

Don't believe me? Try on your own and verify what I've said. But I have already played RS II a lot. I was actually beta tester. Contrary to others I won't said that your "noob box" is easy to defeat (probably a bloodbath for both sides involved with similiar chances for victory), but I think I've got good counters to that formation. I think that, f.e. square formation could be vurneable to larger siege engines with flammable projectiles.
    actually works

but one except for you is smart enough to figure this out, and can only use it as a phalanx based faction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234