Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uninstalling RTR

Default Uninstalling RTR

I don't know if I post this in the right forum, if this is the wrong section can any mod move it?

I have a problem. Want to play Roma Immortalis, but I still have RTR installed. How can I uninstall the mod? I've searched the forum but I couldn't find any thread about this.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

You can't uninstall it, you should have made a copy of your data folder when you installed the mod, but since you didn't, you'll have to delete the entire thing and reinstall RTW.

Default Re: Uninstalling RTR

My problem is allmost simular, i tried to remove the rome total realism installment, and reinstalled the "normal" Rtw game again. But mod was still on there, except, it was sort of a combination of the mod and the normal game. For instance, I get to choose between the 3 original factions, but that´s it. And also these factions have the RTR icons!! The game won´t run. I thought i uninstalled everything, but obviously i didn´t.. Neither did i make a copy into of data folder or whatever you ment by that..
    please help!!
    Mennooooooooz

Try to deleting the Activision folder after uninstalling

Busy!!!

Many thanx.. I will try it right away..

Mennoooooooz

KALI's Avatar Senator

Unfortunately un-installing RTR is not an option..
    It is the mod of the gods choice and as such it is a sacrilege to attempt to de-instal. Terrible calamities will befall those who attempt such blasphemy.
    Oh and Turks right...
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

You may want to use the following to remove all traces of RTW when you do the uninstall; http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...&f=3,3340,,all

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Mennooooooz View Post
    My problem is allmost simular, i tried to remove the rome total realism installment, and reinstalled the "normal" Rtw game again. But mod was still on there, except, it was sort of a combination of the mod and the normal game. For instance, I get to choose between the 3 original factions, but that´s it. And also these factions have the RTR icons!! The game won´t run. I thought i uninstalled everything, but obviously i didn´t.. Neither did i make a copy into of data folder or whatever you ment by that..
    please help!!
    Mennooooooooz
    You in all likelihood have registry issues. Your going to have to remove all traces of RTW and delete anything RTR if you haven't done so already. Run the un-installer for RTW..delete anything RTR or RTW that may still be around in your root directory where you originally installed everything in Program Files. Tnen you will have to make sure your Registry is also clean of anything RTW or RTR..Unless you are comfortable with working in Regedit then i would suggest you get yourself a registry cleaner because you can seriously screw your system up if you happen to delete the wrong thing. Here's a program that has a registry function and it's not bad considering it's free.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/...
    After you've uninstalled RTW and deleted anything RTR run the registry function in CCleaner and when it prompts you to make a backup for the registry..go ahead and do so...once you've done all this..you should be able to re-install RTW witn no problems. For future reference before installing any mods for RTW. Make sure you make a copy of your original installation that way you don't have to go thru this hassle of installing/uninstalling. You could just simple delete the copy that the mod is installed on without having to compromise your original vanilla installation. Here's a link to Hader's guide to a bunch of how to's for RTW in it you'll find a guide to making a copy of your installation..http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62217..

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by LordHazard View Post
    You can't uninstall it, you should have made a copy of your data folder when you installed the mod, but since you didn't, you'll have to delete the entire thing and reinstall RTW.
    Hey i have a problem w/ playing rtr. K so i downloaded rtr platinum gold onto my rtw eras version and then installed to rtw in the creative assembly. immediateley after this i clicked on both the platinum and the rtw icon and they both said i didnt have the correct cd or dvd rom in. Please Help?

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Jerry Cat, welcome to TWC.

I think you need to clarify what you mean by "RTR Platinum Gold", as there is RTR 6 Gold, which was based on RTW patched to 1.2, and RTR Platinum Edition, which is RTR 6 Gold ported to work with RTW patched to 1.5 and later.

If you have a copy of RTW Eras then RTR 6 Gold will not work with it, which is probably why your PC is telling you that you are not using the correct CD, so I would suggest that you use the RTR Platinum Edition instead.

If you have already installed RTR 6 Gold over you RTW install you are going to have to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall RTW Eras and start again. Once you have reinstalled RTW have a look at the RTW - Downloads and Mod Index for links to download RTR Platinum and other RTR related mods.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by Tony83; October 07, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Wtf why not add an uninstall option like all other mods - this is costing me both time, patience and a good EB campaign

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AWZC View Post
    Wtf why not add an uninstall option like all other mods - this is costing me both time, patience and a good EB campaign
    If you have a problem that you need assistance with, then you are far more likely to get help if you define exactly what that problem is.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AWZC View Post
    Well, if you copied the RTW folder to a new folder for the mod and then applied the mod to the new folder - all you need to do to remove it is to delete the copied folder with the mod in it.

No more problems......

A lot of mods don't have an uninstall option.

It's easier for this to happen if the mod is a 'mod folder version' where the game is installed into it's own folder in the game folder.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I also had trouble deleting RTR in the end i just deleted the folder but now whenever i go to fight a battle on RTW it just crashes straight back to the desktop any idea?

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

That's because RTR: PE is not a mod foldered mod, meaning the mod's files overwrite original RTW files. So if you want to uninstall RTR, you have to reinstall your RTW.

I suggest mods like the new RTR: FOE, RTR: PE's sub mod Extended Realism, Lusted's Terrae... something, and EB. All of these are modfoldered and do not overwrite the original files so you can still play RTW vanilla.

That`s not entirely so. There is a mod foldered version of RTRPE available. It`s pinned in the rtrpe sub-forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by capnbatduck View Post
    I also had trouble deleting RTR in the end i just deleted the folder but now whenever i go to fight a battle on RTW it just crashes straight back to the desktop any idea?
    What exactly did you do? Deleted the whole game folder without uninstalling the game?
    There is something I can think of. It concerns vista users. See here if you`re using vista:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post4173993

i am having the same problem as mennooooooz and i have tried everything but everytime i reinstall rtw i have a combination of rtw and rtr and when i try to play the imperial campaign i get a message saying choose item from list and no list and only a ok option. if i uninstall it and re install it it still has the weird combination of rtr and rtw and i have already deleted any and all traces of rtr and rtw from my computer and it still happens. any ideas?

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

If you still have combined traces of RTR and RTW after uninstalling both, you must still have some remnants in you registry. Below is a guide to deleting RTW from your registry. BUT Be AWARE you do so at your own risk. Just don't delete anything non RTW/RTR related.

Post back and let us know how you get on

Uninstall RTW.

Go into Program files/Activision folder, and delete the RTW folder that is left after the uninstall.

Restart the computer.

Now do this...

1) Click Start, then Run.

2) At the prompt type "REGEDIT".
    3) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    4) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
    5) Select the folder named "The Creative Assembly".
    6) If RTW is the only game referenced inside, delete the folder. Otherwise delete all the keys tagged for RTW (inside the creative assembly folder).

Then this....

1) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

2) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
    3) Click the “+” next to Classes
    4) Click the “+” next to Installer
    5) Click the “+” next to Products
    6) There should be a list of folders named with long strings of letters and numbers.
    7) Search through these folders for a key called “ProductName” that has the value “Rome – Total War™”
    8) Delete the folder containing this key.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

How do I uninstall this mod if I made a backup of the entire original RTW Folder???

Please help!

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Depends on which RTR mod you've installed. If it's a mod switch mod like FOE, Platinum(mod switch version) etc....all you have to do is delete the folder the mod is installed in.
    If it's a non mod switch mod like RTR Gold and you have a back up clean, untouched backup copy just delete the entire folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast