Thread: Janissary heavy Infantry

Default Janissary heavy Infantry

First of all, I just want to say this is a great mod, i only just downloaded and tried it out, and I think it is fantastic!! It should definitely get more attention!

I just have a quick question though, some units specifically Janissary heavy infantry are very underpowered, I was wondering if this is deliberate. They are supposed to be elite units, one of the best infantry in the world of their time.

Overall excellent work, love it love it love it!!!!

edit: also units such as the tabardariyya, daylamites etc are very underpoowered
    Last edited by WarlordZ; September 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Default Re: Janissary heavy Infantry

Hello??? Anybody there? No one has an opinion on this (for or against what I said)?

but they're compensated by the morale, they wont start routing like other units so even if bit underpowered this factor can be more valuable
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Thanks for the response...I see now.

Actually, I just ran a test in custom battle of Heavy Janissary Infantry vs. Azat infantry (Light infantry)...and the Janissary infantry got destroyed...it seems that thier moral bonus is not that great of an advantage...or is it different in the campaign?

plus the heavy janissary infantry have lower defense and attack than the regular janissary infantry...

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordZ View Post
    Actually, I just ran a test in custom battle of Heavy Janissary Infantry vs. Azat infantry (Light infantry)...and the Janissary infantry got destroyed...it seems that thier moral bonus is not that great of an advantage...or is it different in the campaign?

plus the heavy janissary infantry have lower defense and attack than the regular janissary infantry...
    heavy janissary are two handed axemen(i can be wrong),and the fights i play almost in every mod, those guys wil lose against infantry with sword and shield,its normaly they have lower defence because they have no shield,but they are good against cavalry and spearmen and should be thrown into battle as one of the last ones as they did in real time.specially against light infantry they will have a hard time,but against heavy infantry they will do normally better.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; November 14, 2010 at 04:21 PM.

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.