Thread: Note

Default Note

BTW, just a note that the highest quality TTW trailer 3 is now available from our site, it is considerably better quality than the medium version available from file front, 338MB uncompressed, about 250MB or so compressed for this new one.

http://downloads.troytw.com/downloads/index.php
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; December 11, 2005 at 04:05 PM.

Also, look how biased the TWC member awards are, honestly, maybe people should be told not to vote for themselves or their own mods. No votes for anything other than RTR, SPQR or IR. To hell with that, the little mods should also have a voice!

the download link is not working. it comes up with a this page cannot be displayed error.

Does anybody else agree with my post?

"I'm very sorry to see that this is mostly just turning into big mods voting for themselves as i predicted, and therefore seems pointless. Perhaps the actual awards should be given by a non biased team of high ranking members who aren't working for any mod. They should then perhaps go through all work of all mods and modders and make a sound choice."

"Otherwise i'm affraid RTR will win everything because they have had the biggest team throughout and most interest, which in itself doesn't make their work of higher quality."
    - my post from the modder awards forum.

I don't think it is a good idea anyway because this series of awards can only lead to greater divison in the TWC community. Though i don't see much trouble with the moderator and light hearted member awards.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm sorry, I havent been paying attention to the TWC Awards, but honestly predicted what it would be, RTR voting for themselves, etc. To be honest, I'm not even a civitate yet, and have a low opinion of plenty of people here "higher" than me, (call me an ass, but I like to evaluate people myself instead of letting a rank or someone elses babblings about them do the judging for me) so to be honest I cat say I care about the Awards.

However Troy and Zhanguo deserve, IMO, as much or even more recognition than the "Big 5." I mean look at The Great War, NA: TW and Zulu! All 3 are oging to be or could have been excellent much better than any Roman rehash or Medieval remake. But no, all the good people go to work with the one of the Big 5. Little mods arent even given a ****ing chance here, which is why this mod in my opinon, Troy Total War, deserve best modification award. The best. Whys that? You guys are the Underdog. The Spartacus of Mods. You arose from cheap reskins with Armenian Hittites too a mind blowing mod that was jsut completely thrust upon us with Trailer 2, and blew our minds as far as possible with trailer 3.

This is the mod that truly deserves recognition, not any of the ones in the Big 5.

I think many of you people are overlooking an important fact....TWC awards dont matter for jack, so who gives a crap anyway? Some of you guys are acting like you got snubbed for an Oscar....seriously...

And as for Cao Cao....I'm starting to understand your thinking pattern...very condescending and elitist, as if youre the only person that matters and everyone else can go F themselves. Well, dude, its probably not a good idea to burn bridges before you cross them. In other words, BE FRIGGIN' NICE.

If I thought I was the only 1 that mattered I wouldnt be here. And I wouldnt be good friends with many of the "Elites" here.

How the hell is judging people for myself elitist? I have found many lacking, and many not. So I geuss I'm supposed to take everyones word this person is a god and I'm just a stupid, lowly member of the "mire.?"

And I'm not going to be friggn' nice if your stupid. Afterall what would the Spartans that everyone worships here have done? Or knights, or samurai or Romans or any of that? Dont be so sensitive.

Nah, but haven't you ever heard the saying "speak softly and carry a big stick". Its not wise for a man to act on his first emotion, and thats what it seems to me that you do a lot. Wildin' out, buggin. Y'know? If you have a problem with people its better to stay silent about it, lest one day you'll need something from that person and he'll have a bad opinion about you because you badmouthed him that one day long ago. I mean, I don't like some people either but I dont actually let them know that...its bad politics, its just bad.

Guys i don't care about the 'awards' but i don't approve of them either because i fear they will start something similar to what you are both talking about. I find them pointless and would rather they didn't happen - but if they want to go ahead with it then they should have non biased people giving the awards with full knowledge of all people who qualify for them and stop this nomination nonsense - this is my point.

Also i will ask you both not to argue in these forums.

These forums are made for arguing buddy, but I ask you what is the big deal with these nominations? I take it you participated in a small mod projection and feel like you got stiffed? Well you have to remember that these awards arent indicitive of the amount of appreciation the RTW community owes you or anyone who took the time to try and improve the game via a mod. I dont have a voice in the TWC award thread either, many people don't, thats why nobody should feel miffed...its not a true representation of all our gratitude...

I don't feel too bad because all of my work for Troy (my 'small mod') i did for fun and for myself because i wanted to. I feel bad for others who are trying their best and are achieveing a much higher standard than the 'highest traffic mods' but seemingly go without any recognition.

I'm not attacking TWC for not showering them with praise too, i just feel that the awards are pointless and will only serve the purpose to inflame the egos of the big mods and possibly cause the death of others and the loss of great additions to the community with no gain.

I also find the high ranking member awards fun and think they are a good idea, but the modder awards will only be detrimental.

Also, you say yourself they are not a true representation of your gratitude, so i ask, why bother with them - others who will take it more seriously than I (mostly fans) will loose interest in the small mods.

About the "buggin" out thing if your referring to that whole thing in the Why? topic, I'll admit I shouldnt of flipped out. But I'm sorry your post did and still does look like a Bible Belt product. If you aint like that I'll take your word for it. Sorry, but I cant stand when people bring relgious bias into a historical discussion, especially one set in the ancient times.

Just to let you know, I've got no hard feelings against you. Only people I keep hard feelings for are hypocrites and arrogant :wub:s who post things as gospel truth when its so obviously complete bs.

I'm brutally honest. maybe a curse, maybe a blessing, but it's who I'am.

And sorry Zhuge I'll heed your wishes.

Thanks, a little debate is ok, but getting personal isn't.

I know where you're coming from Zhuge and I'm definetly on your side, I think TWC should have a better system for clearly announcing when ANY mod becomes finished and ready for download, mainstream or underground. They kinda do that....but kinda not really or rather not too well. From the home TWC page you gotta click on Downloads, then on Rome: Total War then on mods and then you gotta look through a bunch of pages full of Full conversion mods and just unit mods and map mods and multiplayer only mods...so it is confusing and it isnt efficient and I agree with you there.

And Cao Cao, it's cool no worries. I'm also an honest person and in that Why thread I guess I should have made it clear that I was speaking from the point of view of the typical "Christian", not as a Christian myself. I'm actually pretty much an anti-organized religion person myself. But I AM a hypocrite and an ******* so you got me pegged there.

BTW here is the link to the uber high quality trailer

http://downloads.troytw.com/downloads/index.php

You can also find the Jidai no ran trailer there and other things.

I have noticed that many guests view this page. Please let your support be known to encourage others to help the mod. :original: