Thread: 1000 men units

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

Default 1000 men units

i just got off playing to see said 1,000 men units, but the units only consisted of 750 men! bug or did i do something wrong?

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 1000 men units

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    i just got off playing to see said 1,000 men units, but the units only consisted of 750 men! bug or did i do something wrong?
    your unit size wasn't set on the largest setting.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    where you been?I think somebody ask the same question 2 months ago

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

thanks. i went and fixed and had a giant army of 10,000 men face of against my army of 2435 men and i won wile losing 256 to their 8675 men. it was freaking epic! now i just have to figure out how to upload to youtube...

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think you must convert the format first...

Those 1000 Russian dudes are easy to beat by MGs
    [Col] RO Citizen

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

1000 men in a unit?!? How long does it take to train them and how long it takes to resupply them?

Recruiting them reduces the population of the region substancially or just 300?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

If I remember correctly, it doesn't take that many turns to recruit them. They are, essentially, peasants and former slaves drafted by government propaganda. Of course, while their morale is really high (and their melee capabilities anything but average), they have a very limited store of munitions, as well as a general lack of shooting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

also it's just a video game,and it makes it fun to have huge battles.

They are worse than ANY ANY ANY unit you have EVEr seen in ranged combat, but have 99 (yes 99) morale and average melee skills. Too bad they usually don't get to pwn in melee... They only take 1 turn to recruit and they're cheap, btw, but you must become Republic as Russia to have them
    [Col] RO Citizen

It's the Russian Steamroller that pwns all in it's path.

Some MGs easily pwn them
    [Col] RO Citizen

And while the MGs attack them, the other infantry in the army can engage targets without being bothered by MGs. The patriots are useful at absorbing enemy firepower...

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Never said they're anything close to useless
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    The patriots are useful at absorbing enemy firepower...
    You're sounding suspiciously like Field marshal Douglas Haig there
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    You're sounding suspiciously like Field marshal Douglas Haig there
    Entirely unintentional, in fact, although I am not certain if it is for the better, or the worse.

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Nahh Douglas Haig was more like "just keep sending them up the middle and the enemy will eventually break".

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    but have 99 (yes 99) morale and average melee skills.

The Legion of the Martyrs?

Anyway that answers a question: How high can morale go? answer: at least 99.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

1000 men in a unit?!? How long does it take to train them and how long it takes to resupply them?
    Wow, 1000 men in a single unit. That is the biggest single unit size in all of the TW games. And how much would such unit cost and how expensive is the upkeep?

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    They are worse than ANY ANY ANY unit you have EVEr seen in ranged combat, but have 99 (yes 99) morale and average melee skills. Too bad they usually don't get to pwn in melee... They only take 1 turn to recruit and they're cheap, btw, but you must become Republic as Russia to have them
    As I said before, cheap and effective. But by making a revolution as Russia you lose other good units, so it's balanced
    [Col] RO Citizen