Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Aragorn King of Gondor?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Default Re: Aragorn King of Gondor?

I would like to know if you have any more suggestions.
    I have one i've been thinkin' about for the last 2 weeks, (but meanwhile you've got too far with your work,) so i think it will be better to make it as a standalone sub-mod (I am to start learning scripting and maybe this will be my 1st project... if it won't be too hard). Howewer you can use this ideas if you want.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    the goal is to have Aragorn as only family member and faction leader. then "hide" him using the off_map command (the same in Vanilla British Isles - Kingdoms campaign when "someone i don't remember" is send to the crusade. So you will have Denethor as a general with the "Strward of gondor" ancillary. this ancillary will trigger for a trait "Steward" that give the epithet "The Steward".
    Boromir and Faramir will have the "Steward family member" trait.
    The trigger is that only if somebody has this trait he can acqiure the Steward ancillary after been 1 turn in Minas Tirith (or wherever you want), so that you can actually coose your Steward. This trait should be inhereitable, so you will have your family tree (you cannot use) AND a family of Stewarts. 2 families, by fact!. the only problem is, how can Boromir\Faramir have sons?
    The idea (from Royal Ladies of the Court for SS 6.4 link here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436011)
    is to spawn 2 princesses and marry them, so Princesses should be enabled at least for Gondor. Then they will have sons like a real family! (at least, this happened in my SS campaign with non-family generals!)

The only problem, maybe the vanilla Aragorn script will have to be deleted/heavvily changed.
    so, no insanely expanded family trees nor arbitrary relationship between stewards and Kings. And the same thing can be applied for Dol Amroth princes!

All this is necessary for another idea, the Return of the King Sub-mod! ivolving an Arwen-Aragorn marriage script and a Faramir-Eowyn one! details coming if you're interested!

Oh, and +rep for your work

Edit: 30th post! yayy!
    Last edited by Kiliç Alì; May 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

the goal is to have Aragorn as only family member and faction leader. then "hide" him using the off_map command (the same in Britain Kingdoms campaign when "someone i don't remember" is send to the crusade.
    well i don't have a britain submod installed but are you sure that the FACTION LEADER is sent off map? i ask 'cause i'm not sure how the game will see that... if it is true then in theory you could send any faction leader off the map for the remainder off the game and you would have only faction heirs (changin) but faction leader would still be the same... also, when the charcter is sent off the map does engine calculates the years he was away and adds them to his age? if this is scripted there, then CA surley did that 'cause character went off in certain turn and return back in certain turn... i think you can't do that with knowing exact turns. on the other hand if you would detrmine the turns in script it would mean that aragorn would disappear an reappear always on that same turns no matter what you do in your game...

all in all, this looks more complicated then having something like two family trees in one actually... sorry if i sound pesimistic but i'm trying to help you to see potential problems... if you can't do the above thing then there is no sense in going thru all the trouble...

Artifex

Icon3 Re: Aragorn King of Gondor?

well i don't have a britain submod installed
    It's Vanilla Kingdoms! British Isles! sorry, my fault, it is different in my language! I'll edit

1- I'm not sure about if he was faction leader or not (but i think he was). howewer i think we can send off map who-we-want (by script) and then re-spawn him in a specific turn (always by script. as far as i seen, you can do almost everything, by script lol).

2-
    when the charcter is sent off the map does engine calculates the years he was away and adds them to his age?
    yes. read this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296296. it illuminated me

3 -
    then CA surley did that 'cause character went off in certain turn and return back in certain turn... i think you can't do that with knowing exact turns. on the other hand if you would detrmine the turns in script it would mean that aragorn would disappear an reappear always on that same turns no matter what you do in your game...
    sorry, i'm not english. i'm not sure what are you saying who is CA? why disappear and reappear? i meant to spawn him in turn, let's say, 60, when you will see him in your map for the 1st time. and, doesn't vanilla Aragorn Script work the same way? i admit i know very little about it...

all in all, this looks more complicated then having something like two family trees in one actually... sorry if i sound pesimistic but i'm trying to help you to see potential problems... if you can't do the above thing then there is no sense in going thru all the trouble...
    no i don't think you're pessimistic... i posted this so that everybody could examitate the idea and say the problems he sees. and since i want to learn, i'll try to go on. i'll start my work next week: all i need is notepad (wich i have), knowledge of how using it (I'll ask around when i'll get problems), and very big amount of luck (this indeed missng). howewer my idea is free from copyright, so if you want to take it (or parts of it) you can do it freely.

Thanks for answering!
    ______
    my sources:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...23#post8274323
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296296

thats stupid though, why would I wanna kill of my stewards? especially boromir or faramir? denethor I can care less.

Artifex

That's the point: have a king-line and a steward-line. whitout bloody solutions. and a Dol-Amroth line too, so that only Imrahil son's will inherit the principalty.

Now would it just be easier if the Aragorn script contained an adoption clause, with Aragorn becoming Heir upon adoption. And then it would be possible to work on the whole kingship deal...

Quote Originally Posted by SaberHRE View Post
    Now would it just be easier if the Aragorn script contained an adoption clause, with Aragorn becoming Heir upon adoption. And then it would be possible to work on the whole kingship deal...

.....And kill everyone who blocks Aragorn from being king.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

The option to have the faction leader sent off map is perhaps the best idea, I do however not know if this can be done from the start of the game.

I know for sure it works, will look into it.

EDIT: I looked through the script, and it is indeed there.
    Last edited by el Cid; May 30, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Artifex

this is the actual progress:
    1 princess enabled for all human factions (so, can marry only humans)
    2 proper portraits for princesses
    3 custom portrait for 2 rohan princesses

4 Aragorn is no more Eriador leader
    5 Aragorn is Gondor leader and only family character. he is off_map so you cannot ose him untill the aragorn script event (still have to test this thing)
    6 changed aragorn portrit, since it seemed you cannot have a custom portrait if character is off_map. i bypassed it in a dirty way

7 howewer i have this problem: Denethor is Heir. i don't know how to fix this, can you help me please?
    (see file below) i intended not to have any heir, until Aragorn gets married
    ------(EDIT
    ------(Yahoo! FIXED [added heir in Aragorn description in the descr_strat]

8 gondor leader is not steward but high king (not sure for the title: better if he is "only" King?)
    9 only Denethor descendants can become stewards, and only Imrahil's ones can become Princes of Dol Amroth, after been 1 turn in Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth respectly.

FUTURE CHANGES
    A) princess near dol amroth, so that Imrahil can get married and have children to inherit his principalty
    B) same thing for boromir
    C) the player will have the choice to not marry them, but, in imrahil case, this will mean the end of his House. same thing for Boromir and Faramir
    D)kill Arwen in HighElves tree and spawn her in Minas Tirith so she can marry Aragorn

EDIT:
    E) kill eowyn in Rohan tree. you can imagine what to do then
    answers and feedback appreciated
    data\text\export_ancillaries.txt
    data\text\export_VnVs.txt
    data\ui\gondor, data\ui\middle_eastern, data\ui\northern_european: added portraits
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    data\descr_sm_factions.txt
    data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    data\export_descr_character_traits
    Last edited by Kiliç Alì; June 06, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    this is the actual progress:
    1 princess enabled for all human factions (so, can marry only humans)
    2 proper portraits for princesses
    3 custom portrait for 2 rohan princesses

4 Aragorn is no more Eriador leader
    5 Aragorn is Gondor leader and only family character. he is off_map so you cannot ose him untill the aragorn script event (still have to test this thing)
    6 changed aragorn portrit, since it seemed you cannot have a custom portrait if character is off_map. i bypassed it in a dirty way

7 howewer i have this problem: Denethor is Heir. i don't know how to fix this, can you help me please?
    (see file below) i intended not to have any heir, until Aragorn gets married

8 gondor leader is not steward but high king (not sure for the title: better if he is "only" King?)
    9 only Denethor descendants can become stewards, and only Imrahil's ones can become Princes of Dol Amroth, after been 1 turn in Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth respectly.

FUTURE CHANGES
    A) princess near dol amroth, so that Imrahil can get married and have children to inherit his principalty
    B) same thing for boromir
    C) the player will have the choice to not marry them, but, in imrahil case, this will mean the end of his House. same thing for Boromir and Faramir
    D)kill Arwen in HighElves tree and spawn her in Minas Tirith so she can marry Aragorn

answers and feedback appreciated
    data\text\export_ancillaries.txt
    data\text\export_VnVs.txt
    data\ui\gondor, data\ui\middle_eastern, data\ui\northern_european: added portraits
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    data\descr_sm_factions.txt
    data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    data\export_descr_character_traits

According to lore the title should be King, not High King. High King was the king of both Gondor and Arnor (RK).

Is a custom portrait for princesses even possible?

Keep it up!

Artifex

well, the engine used for him the 000 portait in the generals\young\ folder, so i renamed it 201, made a new aragorn one and renamed it 000
    i made the same thing with \old and \dead, don't know what will happen but i hope nothing bad

Is a custom portrait for princesses even possible?
    yes lol. and aren't they lovely?

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    well, the engine used for him the 000 portait in the generals\young\ folder, so i renamed it 201, made a new aragorn one and renamed it 000
    i made the same thing with \old and \dead, don't know what will happen but i hope nothing bad

yes lol. and aren't they lovely?
    The second one
    Aure entuluva!

Maryondo's Avatar Libertus

Still offering support, if needed.
    I am still new in this job, but I sure I know enough to be able to help^^

Just write a e-mail at maryondo_i_mellyn@web.de ;-)

Best wishes
    Maryondo

Hi everyone. I just started playing TATW as Gondor and I have been reading your work here with great interest. Have you gotten any submod to a usable condition?

Maryondo's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by rastadreadlion View Post
    Hi everyone. I just started playing TATW as Gondor and I have been reading your work here with great interest. Have you gotten any submod to a usable condition?
    I think I will give it another try to fix the old bugs soon.
    But currently I am working on a new sub-/mod.

Guess what it will be:

I know, the location is not correct, but I am too lazy to create more land-/seamasses, nor do I want to waste 40 turns to reach Middel Earth
    Maybe another time - with improved ships
    This is now just for testing, to see if I am able to change the campaign map^^

Cheers
    Last edited by Maryondo; December 23, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by rastadreadlion View Post
    Check RK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v1-3-RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Maryondo View Post
    I think I will give it another try to fix the old bugs soon.
    But currently I am working on a new sub-/mod.

Guess what it will be:

I know, the location is not correct, but I am too lazy to create more land-/seamasses, nor do I want to waste 40 turns to reach Middel Earth
    Maybe another time - with improved ships
    This is now just for testing, to see if I am able to change the campaign map^^

Cheers
    This is not related to this thread
    If you're making a submod, start a thread in the submod section: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...?1154-Sub-Mods

~~~

This thread is over 3 years old, and concern TATW 2.1.

If there's any further question on the general topic ask it in:
    Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread
    or
    Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Before anyone come along with the 'Necromancer!'-posts, this thread is CLOSED

* Any moderation considerations are welcome, just send a PM *
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 23, 2014 at 08:28 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory