Thread: will religion be used?

Default will religion be used?

if this mod is for BI (which i heard it it), will religion be implemented?

I'm sure it will be used, but i'm not sure what religions there will be.

Well, you may want 2 religions: Greek Gods and the Hittite religion.

However, I have an idea. Most cities had a patron God(ess), so you could have that as the religions (as 2 religions may be boring) (e.g Troy= Aphrodite/Poseidon/Apollo; Athens=Athena)

Zenith our historian (and who is in charge of such things) is away atm, but i'm sure he has an idea of what to use.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmm...

Aleysha - Egyptian Religion

Greek Factions - Greek Religion

Thrace - Animism (?)

Hittite - Hittite Pantheon

Or heres an idea, how about we take the different Gods and give em' to certain factions.

Athens - Athena
    Sparta - Heracles
    Minoans - Poseidon
    Argos - Zeus (since they were first Greeks)
    Amazons - Artemis
    Aleysha - Osiris
    Hittites - 1,000 Gods of Hatti
    Trojans - Apollo
    Dorians - Hephaestus (since they had superior weapons?)
    Thracians - Either Ares or Hades

Cao Cao, that was MY idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword of Cao Cao
    Hmm...

Aleysha - Egyptian Religion

Greek Factions - Greek Religion

Thrace - Animism (?)

Hittite - Hittite Pantheon

Or heres an idea, how about we take the different Gods and give em' to certain factions.

Athens - Athena
    Sparta - Heracles
    Minoans - Poseidon
    Argos - Zeus (since they were first Greeks)
    Amazons - Artemis
    Aleysha - Osiris
    Hittites - 1,000 Gods of Hatti
    Trojans - Apollo
    Dorians - Hephaestus (since they had superior weapons?)
    Thracians - Either Ares or Hades
    Zeus favorite city was Troy as well

that sounds pretty good actually, we'll see if we can implement it in game.

The only potential problem might be loyalty, it could mean having to rebalance the system so as civil revolts are much less common. Also CA might have introduced a religion limit like fools, just as they limited everything else. :laughing:

I may be wrong, but I think the limit is 10

Hmm problems already. In the end it probably won't be worth it. I just hope people get everything in game first.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Whoever said that I was away? I've just had my head in my books a lot recently. My tutor told me to read the entire Iliad in Greek by the time I go back down to Oxford, so I haven't had that much time. But I look in frequently.

Yes, that was what i meant, i remembered you saying that you had to read the Illiad in Greek.

I think that maybe we could clump all of the greek god's together and add this religion as a 'greek' religion. There probably won't be any other way.

I don't think that we'll have much time to do this in depth in our first release. But if I'm being perfectly honest, I have absolutely no idea about the Hittite religion. As for the Greeks, I think I could select patron deities for each faction without too much trouble. Athens obviously gets Pallas Athene (Athena), Troy gets Phoibos Apollon (Apollo), Mycenae gets Here (Hera), Thessaly gets Artemis, Thebes gets Ares, and so forth.

Yes, but like i said there might me troubles with loyalties needed a huge amount of rebalancing, or we might go over the religion limit. Truth is i don't know because i don't think so many religions have been done before.

It's not too bad. You've got twelve Olympians, that's all. There are far more gods than that in RTW. Plus maybe some Egyptian gods for Aleshya and something for the Hittites.

But are each of the God's separate religions in RTW? - i don't know because i never play 1.3

In vanilla rome there are many gods but that is down to the temples. In Bi there are only 3 religions.

(I'm sure we could include a unique temple for each god, but not a new religion)

I wasn't really thinking of separate religions, to be honest. I don't have BI at the moment, so I still think in terms of the original RTW.

I think unique temples is a very good idea, and you can have ancillaries like "loved by Hera" and "hated by Aphrodite" (eg).