Thread: Newbe questions

Default Newbe questions

Hello, first off, great mod, I adore the hsitorical units you added to the game. BUt I have some questions as to gameplay.

I play on Normal/Hard battles , and Inoticed a few things:

When you play as any nation other than USa the USa dies after turn 2...which kind of sucks seeing if I play France or Spain f.e. it is to help the USA and play their historical regimetns alongside the tohers...

Secodnly I found that once you have taken the eat coast regions with the USA you get some nice new units to recruit which is really great, but sicne when you get there it's pretty much game voer since I knocked out Britain as a menace I never really sue those neww units I jsut replenish my existing armies.

So I have a few questions:

1) Wil lyou fix the technology issue? Because starting with no tchnology in 1775 kind of spoils the fun in the early game.

2) Wil lyou make a larger map and is it possible? as in scaling the map to be larger so that troop movements are much longer and we don't get G.Washington hoping from city to city in three turns...
    Or is that impossible due to the way the game is done?

3) I have not noticed anything in the warpath compatibilty?what does it add? And couldn't the 1775 campaign be played on that map?

Thank you for answering I foudn this mod really adds what the game was lacking and I hope tAR2 will get you an even greater following.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Newbe questions

Hello Gotrek,glad you are liking the TAR Mod and welcome to the forums !

then youre questions;
    1.;yes the technologies will be more modified for TAR II
    2.;Modifying the Campaignmap is not possible unfortunately,however we are working on adding some more battlemaps for TAR II
    3;The Warpath campaign is a stand alone campaign unfortunately
    There is not much possible when it comes to modifying campaignmaps and so on,however TAR II will have a wide range of extra goodies ,so stay tuned to these forums !

Regards

Thanks for the fast reply
    So it's as I feared teh game doesn't allow map modification like it did in M2TW....anotehr failure by CA.

Looking forward to your new battle maps though!

A last question are you going to add scripted "invasions" from european nations like those that happen in warpath? In my games I find the french moving aimlessly their embarked troops instead of landing them on English beaches to give me a hand....

I'm new to this forum how do you add good reputaiton to contributors?

Your welcome Gotrek

TAR II will have a more advanced CAI(the excellent Darth Mod Campaign AI,and BAI btw)

So the AI will behave more intelligent with,hopefully,more naval activity(invasions) as well !

Adding reputation to members can be done by clicking the little green +button beneath the avatars,but youll need 50 posts to be able to do that,so post away !

Regards!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Yes Darth BAI/CAI will be added and dont forget to Rep Darth Vader the man is a genius (and so are his team)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

the man is a genius (and so are his team)
    So are the TAR team-remember that

hehehe,Thanks Tango ! +rep

Thanks ! can't wait for tAR2 to come out .

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

hehehe,Thanks Tango ! +rep
    No problem Morgan!